Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Mel, it's justified.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Mel, it's justified.

Totally.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts for the Malcolm family. Their daughter and her boyfriend were in a car accident yesterday and she was taken off life support this morning. Boyfriend has broken bones, but is awake and alert. Son2 knows them both. I work with the boyfriend's dad.

Oh, Mel I am so sorry. That is horrible!
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've lost 10 kg/ 22 pounds and nobody, including me, noticed it. My stomach is still big. :neutral:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hey there @CountessKitteh!!! How's it going?

Good, just so busy. The wedding is just a smidge over four months away so lots going on there and I'm essentially up to full workload now that I'm almost to the six month mark with the (not quite as) new job.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    'sup y'all?

There were too many apostrophes in that sentence, me thinks.

*Waves like mad hoping to be seen*

Hi, Mo!

Wow on wedding. How is the popcorn bar going?? I miss you! I have been so swamped I have barely been in here, and looks like I missed your birthday ... sorry! I have been abysmal on looking at the old spreadsheet for b-days.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    Confession: I've lost 10 kg/ 22 pounds and nobody, including me, noticed it. My stomach is still big. :neutral:

Congrats on that amount of loss. Sometimes, people are jerks. :angry:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Congrats on the loss!

I'm going to echo Quik's comment about people never shutting up about your weight once they start to notice.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I have eaten grief peanut butter and ice cream today. It put me over on fat, but it fit my calories.

Hugs!

It at least fit your calories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts for the Malcolm family. Their daughter and her boyfriend were in a car accident yesterday and she was taken off life support this morning. Boyfriend has broken bones, but is awake and alert. Son2 knows them both. I work with the boyfriend's dad.

I'm so sorry about the daughter :'(. Will keep the boyfriend in my prayers.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hey there @CountessKitteh!!! How's it going?

Good, just so busy. The wedding is just a smidge over four months away so lots going on there and I'm essentially up to full workload now that I'm almost to the six month mark with the (not quite as) new job.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    'sup y'all?

There were too many apostrophes in that sentence, me thinks.

*Waves like mad hoping to be seen*

Hi, Mo!

Wow on wedding. How is the popcorn bar going?? I miss you! I have been so swamped I have barely been in here, and looks like I missed your birthday ... sorry! I have been abysmal on looking at the old spreadsheet for b-days.

I was on vacation, so really, even I missed my birthday. I ate key lime pie and snuggled extra-toed cats in Key West for the day.

I totally get the busy, but we should try to carve out a get together sometime soon(ish).
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    That is so sad. How is your son dealing with this?

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Never fear you and every one else will soon notice. congrats and keep up the good work!
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 @MoHousdon @kellyjellybellyjelly @raymax4
    Thank you, guys. :smile: I'm doing my best to keep this going. Hopefully, I'll notice the changes to my own body and finally be happy with it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

He is feeling better. After the word got out that she had been declared brain dead (I hate social media at times like this.) her parents decided to honor her wish to be an organ donor, so after everyone said she was dead, she lived on life support until yesterday so that matches could be found. Anyway, son feels a lot better knowing "her life didn't end for nothing. Other people will live."

There were several of us who knew that, but I couldn't tell anyone until it hit Facebook because HIPPA is a serious law. Even Grayson was saying she died Tuesday, because he knew she wouldn't be back to us no matter what her parents decided.

Lesson 1: Always buckle up.
    Lesson 2: Sign your organ donor card.

ETA: I didn't find out until after I posted that they had decided to donate. I really thought they had removed her from the machines because Grayson said so. Not that her parents were under any obligation to him either, I guess.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

He is feeling better. After the word got out that she had been declared brain dead (I hate social media at times like this.) her parents decided to honor her wish to be an organ donor, so after everyone said she was dead, she lived on life support until yesterday so that matches could be found. Anyway, son feels a lot better knowing "her life didn't end for nothing. Other people will live."

There were several of us who knew that, but I couldn't tell anyone until it hit Facebook because HIPPA is a serious law. Even Grayson was saying she died Tuesday, because he knew she wouldn't be back to us no matter what her parents decided.

Lesson 1: Always buckle up.
    Lesson 2: Sign your organ donor card.

ETA: I didn't find out until after I posted that they had decided to donate. I really thought they had removed her from the machines because Grayson said so. Not that her parents were under any obligation to him either, I guess.

That is so sad, Melissa. I hope you and your son are doing ok. ❤
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @quiksylver296 @MoHousdon @kellyjellybellyjelly @raymax4
    Thank you, guys. :smile: I'm doing my best to keep this going. Hopefully, I'll notice the changes to my own body and finally be happy with it.

You will! Just keep it up! Sometimes it just takes a while to really see the improvement. Congratulations on the loss! Whether people noticed or not. You KNOW what you accomplished.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy Father's day to the husband's of all the wonderful women on here, and our few men who surface from time to time!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Okay as of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 5 year old Thoroughbred. He was a race horse but apparently too slow. Only 13 races (which is good... in my opinion less is good with racing). His registered name is Diacetto, I am calling him Jaques (pronouncing it Jax) and his show name is going to be Measure for Measure.

Here is a picture:
    ygugmkuutzdz.jpg

He turned 5 on May 18th. His parents are Smart Strike (Sire) and Lyrical Prayer (Dam).

So cute! Him not me... Not the best picture of me, but he looks cute.

He is lovely. I like the name too. Congrats!