Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts for the Malcolm family. Their daughter and her boyfriend were in a car accident yesterday and she was taken off life support this morning. Boyfriend has broken bones, but is awake and alert. Son2 knows them both. I work with the boyfriend's dad.

How heartbreaking. Hugs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have decided that alcohol is not my fitness-friend. The #soberdays restarts...now!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I have decided that alcohol is not my fitness-friend. The #soberdays restarts...now!

That is funny, I have failed at it too. I keep trying to start again. I was thinking of going for EOY. Want to try again together?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

That is funny, I have failed at it too. I keep trying to start again. I was thinking of going for EOY. Want to try again together?

Sure! I am going on vacation mid-July. I'm going to go alcohol-free until then to start. I'd like to think I can make it through vacation, but... :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I may have a hard cider tonight to drown my sorrows and then join your both. Son2 did not get the all clear today. He is having premature heartbeats so more tests with the cardiologists.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Sure! I am going on vacation mid-July. I'm going to go alcohol-free until then to start. I'd like to think I can make it through vacation, but... :#

Cool, as I seem to be way more motivated when we are doing it together.

So, Day 1 #noalcoholuntil2017
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I may have a hard cider tonight to drown my sorrows and then join your both. Son2 did not get the all clear today. He is having premature heartbeats so more tests with the cardiologists.

I hope that they can get the answers they need to fix this.
    Does he know when he has those extra beats?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Yikes! Praying for him, Mel.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 2 - #soberdays

Current goal - July 16.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Prayers for your son!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @raymax4 he gets short of breath when they last a minute or so and passes out if they last longer.

@quiksylver296 I suspect the first treatment will be giving up caffeine.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Prayers for your son!

Ditto

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @raymax4 that sounds so fun
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    @raymax4 - I wish i could get my husband interested in hiking. I would enjoy vacations like that. I think I may plan some time at the beach this summer. I need some down time, seriously.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Prayers for your son!

Ditto
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Family vacation this year will be climbing fourteeners in Colorado.
    Hubby and I are working to getting to shape for it by hiking portions of trails that will give us the most elevation gain. This is not easy to get 5000 feet elevation gain in Texas without doing a marathon.
    We will have to do some of the easier ones for a day or to when we get to Colorado so we can get acclimated to the elevation. It will be interesting to see what we can do.

Fun! ❤️
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @nonoelmo, thanks for the prayers. My son having heart issues is further proof that you and I are long lost sisters. He has racked up over $3k in medical care in less than a month. Most of it has been covered by insurance, but our deductible starts over on 7/1 and he has to wear a 30 day event monitor and have a treadmill test on 7/13.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 3 #noalcoholuntil2017

In GA for work so test #1. Traveling.