Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo, thanks for the prayers. My son having heart issues is further proof that you and I are long lost sisters. He has racked up over $3k in medical care in less than a month. Most of it has been covered by insurance, but our deductible starts over on 7/1 and he has to wear a 30 day event monitor and have a treadmill test on 7/13.

Oh Mel. That's a lot to deal with emotionally and financially. I'm thinking of you both!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    It is what it is, Laura. I'll spend the $$ to get answers. I am having a hard time making myself let him go places like he always has. I am making myself do it, but it's hard.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Starting day 4 of #soberdays. I've been wishfully thinking of Bird Dog (cinnamon whiskey) and Diet Dr. Pepper. I have both at my house. It actually concerns me that I find myself thinking of it so longingly. :/
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 hop out until vacation. Think of your deadlifts.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Starting day 4 of #soberdays. I've been wishfully thinking of Bird Dog (cinnamon whiskey) and Diet Dr. Pepper. I have both at my house. It actually concerns me that I find myself thinking of it so longingly. :/

I feel the same about wine. I'm better when I don't drink at all. I had really lost the taste. Shouldn't have started again.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I feel the same about wine. I'm better when I don't drink at all. I had really lost the taste. Shouldn't have started again.

Yep. Maybe cold turkey forever is the way I need to go.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 5 of #soberdays - still found myself thinking about alcohol last night. :/

Fourteen working days until I go on vacation. It's been a crappy week (ten hour work days, then do all the soccer mom-type stuff). Tonight I have get to go to my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm so exhausted that I do not want to go, but it's not one of the kind of things you can blow off. At least I'll be driving to it, so I can't drink. I'm gonna sleep in 'til at least 10:00 tomorrow! LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Tami, I <3 you and I hate the stress you are under. I hope you can dump it all in the gym soon.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tami, I <3 you and I hate the stress you are under. I hope you can dump it all in the gym soon.

Awww, thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @nonoelmo, thanks for the prayers. My son having heart issues is further proof that you and I are long lost sisters. He has racked up over $3k in medical care in less than a month. Most of it has been covered by insurance, but our deductible starts over on 7/1 and he has to wear a 30 day event monitor and have a treadmill test on 7/13.

Good luck to your son!

Does he drink energy drinks? I still remember the time I had a 5 Hr. drink & thought I was going to die from a heart attack! Never again did I drink any of those energy drinks. I find I don't have much of a problem if I have 1-3 Diet Sodas, but I am trying to limit those too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

You got this Quik & Pof!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 5 of #soberdays - still found myself thinking about alcohol last night. :/

Fourteen working days until I go on vacation. It's been a crappy week (ten hour work days, then do all the soccer mom-type stuff). Tonight I have get to go to my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm so exhausted that I do not want to go, but it's not one of the kind of things you can blow off. At least I'll be driving to it, so I can't drink. I'm gonna sleep in 'til at least 10:00 tomorrow! LOL

Enjoy the dinner. Remember 50 years is amazing and should be celebrated. Tomorrow you can sleep. :)

Day 4 #noalcoholtil2017
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day #5 noalcoholtil2017
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Oberon21 @quiksylver296 @CountessKitteh you are ALL Super Great!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I had three (THREE!) events yesterday (post-bachlorette breakfast for a friend, cousin's post-destination-wedding barbecue, and a two year old's birthday party) and I'm only up two pounds on the scale today, which is totally all water weight.

I also hit the gym this morning, so am already back on track. :)

Great job!! I got discouraged this weekend. Went wedding shopping with my stepdaugther that is getting married. Was well under my calories for the day. I had hit an alltime low on the scale that morning, but the next day, BOOM, up 5lbs. I am officially frustrated.... :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Good luck to your son!

Does he drink energy drinks? I still remember the time I had a 5 Hr. drink & thought I was going to die from a heart attack! Never again did I drink any of those energy drinks. I find I don't have much of a problem if I have 1-3 Diet Sodas, but I am trying to limit those too.

I do not get any caffeine in my regular diet, so if I am having a really rough day I will use a five hour energy.....the trick is to drink half, and then the other half like 2-3 hours later....

Keep in mind I drink 1-3 of those a year......not something to use all the time by any means!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. This thread is still going! Epic! I haven't swung by since April last year. I'm proud of you guys.

We refuse to let it die!