Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever drink, Tami. Growing up with an alcoholic either makes you one, or keeps you from ever drinking to excess. If I count my #noalcoholdays just for fun, it may be October before I drink again after I finish this bottle of wine.

Nice. I used to NEVER drink. Then I started to have one, once in a great while. I don't know if it's habit or dependence, but I'm trying to cut way back.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Last night, I tried to go to a minor league baseball game. It got severe stormed out. When I got home, I discovered the storm had ripped the gutter off the front of my house. That called for a glass of Riesling. Will probably finish the bottle with my family tonight and restart #no alcohol days, then fix it on Friday/Saturday. It's still raining today so I can't work on it yet.

It is unusually rainy and humid here too.
    Sorry about your gutter. What a pain.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon22
    I'm really loving the pictures.
    The pictures of bath has a Roman flair to its architecture.
    Those pictures of Turquay coast line are stunning.
    I hope this is refreshing you after all the stress you have been under with the strike.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So I got part of the flashing back up yesterday, but it starting raining again so I didn't finish. Back to it today. It's cloudyk, but it is supposed to clear up around noon.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Oberon22
    I hope this is refreshing you after all the stress you have been under with the strike.

Thanks. It's been incredible. Nicci and Cherie have been incredible hosts. We climb tonight...in the rain!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Oberon22

Thanks. It's been incredible. Nicci and Cherie have been incredible hosts. We climb tonight...in the rain!

Have fun!
    I leave you with this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWWNFB8grkw
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So the flashing and gutters are back on the house. I had to paint some trim too and we noticed that some flashing is missing from around the chimney while we were on the roof. (the pitch of my driveway is evil and there's no way to reach one corner with a ladder) so hubby and the teenagers are going to replace that tomorrow. Productive day. My face is sunburned and my posterior chain is sore, but the storm damage is repaired.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Good work Melissa!

So how did the climb go yesterday Oberon21
  • raymax4
    Options
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    So the flashing and gutters are back on the house. I had to paint some trim too and we noticed that some flashing is missing from around the chimney while we were on the roof. (the pitch of my driveway is evil and there's no way to reach one corner with a ladder) so hubby and the teenagers are going to replace that tomorrow. Productive day. My face is sunburned and my posterior chain is sore, but the storm damage is repaired.

Great job! You are amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Picture of summit with a glow stick. Not much but evidence!
    92dgm6sfzqqt.jpg

• Oberon21
    Options
    Trip back down at sunrise, such as it was on wrong side of mountain for view (plus rain and mist).

mbpfxvvffseo.jpg
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Scotland is one of my favorite places, and you're there at a great time to do it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Loch Ness

h7uqu9twwso1.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21