Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Literally not kidding when I say I have to have some change to jump-start actual calorie counting.. and then I fall out of my new-found inspiration and stall for x amount of time. Trying not to let that happen this time, but it's been going on for about the last week or 2.

I've literally weighed 150.2 every single time I've weighed in for weeks. (On Saturday, my normal weigh-in day. My weight fluctuates throughout the week, but Saturday mornings it's always the same..) Which is MADDENING, considering I just want to be in the 140s. Had a talk with myself this morning about how it's my fault my weight isn't moving, and I have to do better. Going to try my best.

Glad to be back. Let's see if it lasts.

Welcome, Thorbjornn! Hi to everyone else!
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Thanks! :)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options

Hi Sam~~ Good to see you!

Welcome to Thorbjornn~~

Lana
  • Thorbjornn
    Options
    Hi Sam~~ Good to see you!

Welcome to Thorbjornn~~

Lana

Thanks. :)
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Literally not kidding when I say I have to have some change to jump-start actual calorie counting.. and then I fall out of my new-found inspiration and stall for x amount of time. Trying not to let that happen this time, but it's been going on for about the last week or 2.

I've literally weighed 150.2 every single time I've weighed in for weeks. (On Saturday, my normal weigh-in day. My weight fluctuates throughout the week, but Saturday mornings it's always the same..) Which is MADDENING, considering I just want to be in the 140s. Had a talk with myself this morning about how it's my fault my weight isn't moving, and I have to do better. Going to try my best.

Glad to be back. Let's see if it lasts.

25/Sam...I am in the same boat. I keep hovering between 150-152 and I just want to be in the 140s. I was on a roll last week but struggled over the weekend, did well yesterday, not so much today. I'm having a talk with myself, too!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Thorbjornn - welcome, stop by and post when you can. How can we help keep you on track this time??

Audit in a couple of minutes, taking chocolate just in case....

Seems like many of us are stuck in a weight range, should we have weekly questions or goals??

At work bbl. Will visit Lana under Palm Tree after work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Congrats on your weigh in being good.
    How was the dentist? Hope you are OK.

Annie and Sam - you hang in there. The scale will eventually budge!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome Thorbjornn! Hi all! Honey came home early as they got done ahead of others. So, they can do more until next week.

I too am stuck in same weight and just can't get outta my funk. Not sure what will motivate me.

Annie- outfit sounds really cute and I'm all for a smaller size. I too am hard on myself and always think I look better in my head than I truly do. I'm sure you look great.

Lana- thinking of you under the palm tree

Sara- hope dentist went well.

Everyone have a good evening. BB tomorrow

-Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain on/off good part of day. Dentist apt they took impressions of my mouth/teeth (peppermint flavored but stuff was too gross to notice) have another apt in 3 weeks to discuss what can be done. I asked if my original night guard would still work (might save me $$$) and that is a possibility which is encouraging.

Hair apt tomorrow morning (bye bye bright white roots), cleaning after that and movie/nap - I take day off as hair is sometimes more than 2 hours.....

Sounds like we need some group encouragement. Something to rattle around in our brains for a couple of days and see what might be possible.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Not a great eating day. Tried to be minimal tonight. Made it on the treadmill again for 2 miles although was a little slow. (Dang cramps!)

Parent-teacher conference went well for DS. He's a smarty! Sounds like he's testing his boundaries regarding silly behavior when it's not appropriate. He is SO MUCH like my youngest brother! But all in all, doing well. DS and DD each got two books at the Book Fair. :)

Time to soak in a hot bath before bed. More fun tomorrow!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning.

Rest between storms, so dog walks with day off will be long.

Just reading how so many energy bars have as much sugar as Snickers. Guess the answer is the same, should you eat an energy bar or a piece of fruit?

Found extra bell pepper "stuffing" in freezer and will use it to stuff a zucchini I acquired for lunch/dinner.

If I sound boring, I am yawning and on my way back to sleep.

Will stop by later after hair apt. Wishing all a wonderful day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday

Rainy and cool here. Very dark when dropping DS off at school. Feels like Fall!

Good plan for today. Eating light to account for thin crust pizza for supper this evening. There will be no walk tonight as I have choir rehearsal at church...unless I still have energy at 9 o'clock after kids go to bed. We shall see.

Weight had not changed from yesterday. Still up from Friday. :( Fingers feel puffy = water weight. Too many chocolate-covered pretzels yesterday. Hoping to see it drop at least a little by this Friday. Taking it one day at a time. Stayed up too late last night. This does not help weight loss efforts.

Already looking forward to the weekend. Is that bad?

And realized that Black Friday was one month from yesterday!!!

Annie

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello.......waves to everybody.......feeling totally tired again today. To be expected.

*settling under palm trees*

Lana
  • Thorbjornn
    Options
    Thorbjornn - welcome, stop by and post when you can. How can we help keep you on track this time?? ...

Thanks, that's a good question. I need to stick around and see and read people's success, advice, what they do right and even what they do wrong. I need to be willing to put my progress out there with some pics, the good and the bad, and take what comes. :)

• DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a serial diet starter. Starting to feel hopeless about it :(
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Headache today, not sure why. Trying to take nap is almost impossible with phone ringing off the hook - solicitors and election.....Could almost rip phone out of wall. Would that count as activity points??

Dapperdassie - feeling a little lost in our journey seems to be a common theme at the moment. Welcome to our thread and stop by - hoping to find questions and challenges that can get us all moving in the right direction even during the dreaded holiday season.

Dog is taken care of and stuffed zucchini in oven for dinner, which makes rest of week's dinners easy.

Wanted to learn something new in crochet online - may wait until after dinner.

bbl with any luck - find me under Lana's Palm Tree, dog got to sunbathe today so she will be flirting with the cboys for sure.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I give up..just typed a huge long post.. Just bout to post it and it all disappeared... Blah
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, I hate that, but glad you stopped by anyway. Are you using your phone??

One crochet project is getting on my nerves too small here but too large there. The other one I started and I really like and if all goes well I will try and get pictures of.

Gem - is your breakfast dish crock pot as well? We have a breakfast pot luck Friday and I completely spaced it. Oh well less for me to eat.....

Time to curl up with dog and start snoring. Wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, sprinklers on last night and now raining - gee did someone see the weather forecast? Rain most of week.....

I take one day off a month to get hair taken care of - dont rush a person with scissors and your hair in their hands..... this time was coloring so even more so. Next month would have been day before Thanksgiving and I already knew it was booked. It gets booked months in advance, so that Monday is a dental apt anyway - so I will request that day off.

Food choices have been okay, extra helpings of snacks are not favorable. Will make sure to walk breaks today.

Oatmeal is ready, wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Scale is stuck. Same weight 3 days in a row. And still up from last Friday's WI. Hasn't been a stellar week, but not horrible. It is what it is. I did tell DH this morning that maybe I should try to be content with staying in the 2 lb weight range and stop worrying about losing. But then I think I just really want to be back in the 140's and I want my pants to fit a bit looser!

Busy day for me. At work now, then DD's school conferences, then DS's fall festival at school, then need to run to the thrift stores in town to find boots to go with DD's Halloween costume (she has a party tomorrow night). We might eat supper sometime tonight.

We are starting the Dave Ramsey plan tomorrow with pay day and we need to stay strictly on budget. Going back to cash for things like groceries and Target/Walmart/Walgreens to help us stay in check. I want our credit card and car paid down and paid off sooner rather than later! We will tackle DH's school loan after that. We need to start saving for other things like a new lawnmower that we will need in the spring. I also keep thinking our appliances will eventually need replacing (They are 20 years old). I'd like to have some money tucked aside for that. I shudder to think about the furnace or air conditioner. I am excited to take control of our money. We have let it slip through our fingers for far too long. Life is expensive, though.

Lana - hang in there!

Sara - my last haircut ended up being like a scalping. And I've gone to this lady for a couple of years. I go for a cut and color on November 8th and will have to tell her to tread carefully with the razor and the scissors. I don't think we'll be cutting much at all.

Dawn - sorry to hear about your lost post!

Gem - breakfast sounds great! I had one sad little fried egg and coffee with sugar-free creamer.

Have a good day!

Annie