Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest fears is that when I have a large weight loss I will just have a lot of extra skin that will be hanging around. I know it's unhealthy to be fat but I've learned to love a fat body, I'm worried that when I lose, if my skin is loose I will hate my body. It's often been part of the reason I quite before I can even give myself a chance. I'm a little vain but it happens to the best of us.

I'm not going to lie, that could happen. However, it didn't happen to me. I lost close to 75 lbs over the course of a year. I did at least bodyweight resistance training to build muscle and my skin is fine. I don't know how much you need to lose, but don't let vanity take your health. Lose the weight.
  • acaldwell3590
    acaldwell3590 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest fears is that when I have a large weight loss I will just have a lot of extra skin that will be hanging around. I know it's unhealthy to be fat but I've learned to love a fat body, I'm worried that when I lose, if my skin is loose I will hate my body. It's often been part of the reason I quite before I can even give myself a chance. I'm a little vain but it happens to the best of us.

From what I've seen on the threads in here, the loose skin slowly snaps back (for lack of a better term) after awhile. It's slow, but it does tighten back up. Don't let that worry keep you from meeting your goal!

I'm not going to lie, that could happen. However, it didn't happen to me. I lost close to 75 lbs over the course of a year. I did at least bodyweight resistance training to build muscle and my skin is fine. I don't know how much you need to lose, but don't let vanity take your health. Lose the weight.

To the both of you. I definitely appreciate your support! I'm not letting it get in my way this time. I definitely know that my health is the absolute most important thing and really it's taken me quite a bit of time to get to this point. My hope is to not just lose weight but get strong so I'm hoping that helps a bit. Thanks for the kind words!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

From what I've seen on the threads in here, the loose skin slowly snaps back (for lack of a better term) after awhile. It's slow, but it does tighten back up. Don't let that worry keep you from meeting your goal!

To the both of you. I definitely appreciate your support! I'm not letting it get in my way this time. I definitely know that my health is the absolute most important thing and really it's taken me quite a bit of time to get to this point. My hope is to not just lose weight but get strong so I'm hoping that helps a bit. Thanks for the kind words!

At one point I had lost over 150 pounds (I gained around 50 back & need to kick my *kitten* in gear to start losing again). At my smallest which ranged from 150-159 I did have a lot of loose skin, but it was at least a lot healthier than I am sure my body is now. Don't lose weight for anyone but you! To be honest the only people who made comments on my loose skin were my nieces & nephews, but kids at a certain age have no filter.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm not going to add too much exercise into my weight loss plan until I get my eating on point. I might exercise on my days off, but I really need to get a handle back on my eating. I put a whole package of chicken leg quarters in the crock pot the other day & seasoned it with some Kraft Parmesan with some kind of tomato flavoring. I figure I'll start using the crockpot more & trying in general to make some meals that can stretch out a few days to a week.

I still have some frozen meals for days I don't feel like cooking or I'm in a rush.

In November I'm going to try to do a no spend November when it comes to food with the exception of water, soda, & teas.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I was almost 800 calories short of my calorie goal yesterday. I HATE being sick.

Can I have your deficit? That would be super helpful. :p

If it only worked that way. I had a huge deficit last week too.

Maybe I should have joined the #myfitsquad challenge...

Maybe, you should go to the doctor. Loss of appetite and cough that lasts more than 7 days....you would make your daughter go.

Tomorrow will be 7 days. I had a big deficit last week because I worked out like a beast.

Mel, I promise that if I'm not better by Friday, I will go to the doctor. Or at least call him.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I went clothing shopping today and found I am about two sizes down!!!!
    I was in a hurry to get home and try on my smallest sized of saved cloths because they were the same size.
    I am horribly disappointed because they are still to small.
    How is this possible?

Great job on going down two sizes!

How old are the clothes that are too small?

I find that clothes that are from around the 90's & earlier were made more accurately compared to the clothing now. I've heard a lot of manufactures/designers vanity size clothing which is annoying, because it's harder to know what your actual size can be.

When I was a lot lighter I had pants ranging from size 6-12 in regular slacks & my designer jeans were either 31-32 (those were more accurate since it was based off my waist measurement).

I'm currently ranging from an 8 to a 14 in pants. I figure it's not me, it's them! LOL

2-8 here.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm not going to add too much exercise into my weight loss plan until I get my eating on point. I might exercise on my days off, but I really need to get a handle back on my eating. I put a whole package of chicken leg quarters in the crock pot the other day & seasoned it with some Kraft Parmesan with some kind of tomato flavoring. I figure I'll start using the crockpot more & trying in general to make some meals that can stretch out a few days to a week.

I still have some frozen meals for days I don't feel like cooking or I'm in a rush.

In November I'm going to try to do a no spend November when it comes to food with the exception of water, soda, & teas.

I keep thinking I need to try something like this. Eating out costs a fortune.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I was in a hurry to get home and try on my smallest sized of saved cloths because they were the same size.
    How is this possible?

I find that clothes that are from around the 90's & earlier were made more accurately compared to the clothing now. I've heard a lot of manufactures/designers vanity size clothing which is annoying, because it's harder to know what your actual size can be.

When I was a lot lighter I had pants ranging from size 6-12 in regular slacks & my designer jeans were either 31-32 (those were more accurate since it was based off my waist measurement).

I've always hated buying jeans because my hips are much larger than my waist. I am a pear.

Try lucky jeans. I have a similar issue in that I have a small waist but hips and thighs. Lucky Jean's fit a woman better.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Whoo hoo for page 1900!!!

Let's see if we can get to 2017 by the end of the year!!!

I love this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We are in the midst of refinancing our house. We have been jumping through some serious hoops to make it happen. Including repainting the exterior, getting a termite inspection, and getting our well water tested. The well water came back positive for coliform bacteria (which I don't know what those do, because none of us have gotten sick).

Confession part - I really want to just modify the inspection report. It's a PDF and I could totally change the "PRESENCE" to "ABSENCE" and send it to the refinance company. Part of the reason I am confessing this is so I DON'T do it. By posting this, I am creating documentation that could bite me in the butt. So, now I cannot do it. But I really, really, really want to. It would be so much easier. >:)

Don't do it. I always get burned when I do stuff like this. And the original company has the report so you could get in a lot of trouble, Ms. Law Enforcer.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My eating has been off the rails lately. I injured my back again and now I really need to start logging and keeping track. I am loving the thought of baking stuff for fall, but I have not done that yet. I really need a reset.

I've been completely indifferent to tracking calories lately. I know I need to tighten it up, but I can't seem to make myself.

I still can't completely stop drinking again so we are even. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I don't think anyone on here watches, but I'm pretty upset about what happened on TWD the other night. I am not going to like this season.

My stomach was a knot the rest of the episode. After watching the Talking Dead afterward, I can see the new season really going in a new direction. I think I will still be as hooked as ever.

I felt physically exhausted after what happened happened. I loved him and in my opinion, they killed the wrong character.

I didn't much care for Abraham. :grimace:

I don't watch this but lots of folks complaining!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My eating has been off the rails lately. I injured my back again and now I really need to start logging and keeping track. I am loving the thought of baking stuff for fall, but I have not done that yet. I really need a reset.

Sorry about your back! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. :heart:

Ditto
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    CRAP! I went over 10,000 posts and didn't notice it. I am totally lame. I was watching it and everything.

I noticed at 10,003, but I don't know what your 10,000th one was.

Something worthless I am sure.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wendy, the soup sounds good. Make it.

POF, I wish we were the same size. I love hand-me-downs.

Jeffrey OC, I hope you learned that won't work along term. And welcome to the thread.

WooHoo! I made page 1900. My PC at work still won't print, but that's a problem for tomorrow.

Part of the reason I seem to be not making not a dent is this woman from the barn keeps giving me her clothes. They are all nice, my style, and all expensive. So I am replacing what I am donating practically as fast as I can donate it!

That's an interesting problem to have. (And now I really wish we were the same size.)

Me too. Of course Mo has first dibs if she wants stuff beyond jeans.
  • Oberon21
    Options

We've all been struggling a bit lately.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    How is this possible?

I've always hated buying jeans because my hips are much larger than my waist. I am a pear.

Try lucky jeans. I have a similar issue in that I have a small waist but hips and thighs. Lucky Jean's fit a woman better.

I can attest to this! Thanks again for the 6 pairs of Lucky Brand Jeans, POF!!! They fit perfectly!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Jeffrey OC, I hope you learned that won't work along term. And welcome to the thread.

WooHoo! I made page 1900. My PC at work still won't print, but that's a problem for tomorrow.

Part of the reason I seem to be not making not a dent is this woman from the barn keeps giving me her clothes. They are all nice, my style, and all expensive. So I am replacing what I am donating practically as fast as I can donate it!

That's an interesting problem to have. (And now I really wish we were the same size.)

wpo0edko6z8c.gif

I was hoping you'd say that!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options

wpo0edko6z8c.gif

You need to tell me what you want. All of it? Stuff with long legs? I have a few things to drop off consistently.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

wpo0edko6z8c.gif

You need to tell me what you want. All of it? Stuff with long legs? I have a few things to drop off consistently.

SEND IT ALL!!! :smiley: