"You can eat whaver you want, as long as you eat at a deficit" is true, but it's garbage advice.

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Gosh I suck at rage quitting.

I tried to flounce once. It didn't stick.

Me too -- heh!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    annacole94 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I mentioned pizza in my initial reply. I had literally finished a piece of Domino's cheese pizza that my kid started and had nothing but regrets for that.

Good pizza can be worth it and easy to make a balanced meal. I maintain that domino's is gross and have no plans to try novelty crust to test that theory.

Newbies need to buy some big girl panties* and not be quite so thin skinned.

*both genders welcome to try them on and see if it helps.

Domino's doesn't even qualify as pizza. :grimace:

Why not? I managed a Domino's pizza for years and we used the same things I use to make my pizzas at home. I never understood fast food shaming.

Cause Domino's doesn't have anything that's even close to my homemade caramelized onions, honey chèvre, smoked almonds, and drizzle of balsamic reduction on top of Alton Brown's pizza dough crust pizza. :wink:

htq6k255iq4w.jpg

That does not look appetizing at all, but that's the beauty of differences. What you may like I may not but I will not say that it isn't food or any of the other things I have heard about various fast food places.

Looks amazingly delicious to me, but one must admit it's not the best photo. Food photography is an art.

So is cooking lol.

Indeed. But any dish can be made to look unappetizing if it's photographed poorly, including yours. And nearly all amateur food photography is poor.

Or it could just be poorly cooked. How does one really know? *shrug* Either way not my cup of tea.

One doesn't really know even if it's photographed to look amazingly delicious. The food in a lot of commercial food photography is often barely even cooked, and may not be what it appears at all. http://mentalfloss.com/article/30195/11-ways-advertisers-make-food-look-delicious
    Don't make me cry. :cry:
    Sorry... :sweat:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I mentioned pizza in my initial reply. I had literally finished a piece of Domino's cheese pizza that my kid started and had nothing but regrets for that.

Good pizza can be worth it and easy to make a balanced meal. I maintain that domino's is gross and have no plans to try novelty crust to test that theory.

Why not? I managed a Domino's pizza for years and we used the same things I use to make my pizzas at home. I never understood fast food shaming.

Cause Domino's doesn't have anything that's even close to my homemade caramelized onions, honey chèvre, smoked almonds, and drizzle of balsamic reduction on top of Alton Brown's pizza dough crust pizza. :wink:

htq6k255iq4w.jpg

That does not look appetizing at all, but that's the beauty of differences. What you may like I may not but I will not say that it isn't food or any of the other things I have heard about various fast food places.

Looks amazingly delicious to me, but one must admit it's not the best photo. Food photography is an art.

Don't make me cry. :cry: I took it in a rush with my phone because my proper camera had a dead battery. I have a photography degree and I wanted to do food photography, but my college didn't offer that 'specialty'. It is indeed an art, a hair pulling, tantrum throwing, crying in a corner art. :smiley: Gotta love knowing that some of those ice cream photos are actually instant mashed potatoes and Crisco. LOL

Odd toppings but otherwise it looked good and Id keep the onions lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

htq6k255iq4w.jpg

So is cooking lol.

Indeed. But any dish can be made to look unappetizing if it's photographed poorly, including yours. And nearly all amateur food photography is poor.

Or it could just be poorly cooked. How does one really know? *shrug* Either way not my cup of tea.

One doesn't really know even if it's photographed to look amazingly delicious. The food in a lot of commercial food photography is often barely even cooked, and may not be what it appears at all. http://mentalfloss.com/article/30195/11-ways-advertisers-make-food-look-delicious

Not sure how me not liking the food turned into food photography. If that pizza was taken with the best photography it still wouldn't be my cup of tea. And that's ok, not everything is for everyone.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

#FlouncerGelato

eta: As if I don't know better, Dianne beat me to the joke much earlier...
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

htq6k255iq4w.jpg

So is cooking lol.

Not sure how me not liking the food turned into food photography. If that pizza was taken with the best photography it still wouldn't be my cup of tea. And that's ok, not everything is for everyone.

Well, the main conversation is going around in circles, so a diversion here or there is inevitable.
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Garbage advice:

Don't eat too much garbage, or you may end up resembling this cat.

cat-garbage-29408739.jpg

We have a cat like that.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I too tried to flounce. But, being an over achiever, I insisted on combining it with a hair flip and my stupid tiara kept sliding off. o:)

My diamond studded heels got all caught up in my train and I tripped down the stairs I meant to flounce on. Very awkward.
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I tried to flounce once. It didn't stick.

Me too -- heh!

No one goes anywhere. It's all about ME and I still have maintenance to get through so buckle up people!

:)

Not true. It is all about WE. And I am indeed using we in the royal sense. o:)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    In the interests of science, I'm going to go off and look up some frozen pizza and see what the ingredients lists are. BRB.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    The problem is that we are reading it in context, thinking of the threads in which we've given such advice.
    Yes, very likely. New members will not know what you're thinking of though, nor will we have seen all of those threads even if we did a lot of background reading. So we'd read it differently.
    Also, you aren't saying that YOU were confused. You are assuming that other people (much more ignorant than you, I guess) might be confused. Maybe that assumption is problematic?
    I might be wrong that there's some connection between what answers people are given and whether they are confused. But I have seen people who actually are confused - or at least, they're eating what seems like a rather unhealthy diet. Whether that's because they're confused or because they don't care as long as they're losing weight, it's hard to say.

Fwiw, I was confused by what a number of posts (elsewhere on the board) meant. They certainly sounded like it truly made no difference what someone ate, as long as they met their calorie goals.

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Secondly, can someone tell me which chains across the globe add exactly what to their products (and proven, not hearsay) that is so evil and makes a burger from McDs worse than a burger made at home, all other ingredients being equal.

Until 2012, many fast food chains added 'pink slime' to their burgers. http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

I stopped eating fast food burgers after seeing the ammonia factory in 'Food, Inc.' I am not interested in eating meat that is processed in such a way that it needs ammonia to make it safe. "This is not a health issue," said Bill Marler, a prominent food safety lawyer. "This is an 'I'm grossed out by this' issue."
    Well I think all ingredients not being equal is what makes homemade burgers better. Better ingredients = better taste.

I agree with you in general that homemade burgers are better than fast food burgers. Had a bite of my OH's BK burger due to threads like this and didn't even seem like the same food to me.

However, in the interest of buying humanely raised beef, I have experimented with various brands of hamburger that comes vacuum-sealed and they range from "can only use in enchiladas" to "am going to give the rest of the package to my mother to feed to her dog."

So, I have to drive a little farther to find hamburger that is both humanely raised and freshly ground, which makes a big difference in taste.

And if I want to drive farther and spend more money I will get a burger made from wagyu ground beef. OMG, is this delish!

Boneless lean beef trimmings (i.e. "pink slime") was also used at the same time in ground beef you would buy at the grocery store. Sure, you could also buy fresh ground beef from the butcher, but that's not really an "all other ingredients being equal" kind of comparison.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    The problem is that we are reading it in context, thinking of the threads in which we've given such advice.
    Yes, very likely. New members will not know what you're thinking of though, nor will we have seen all of those threads even if we did a lot of background reading. So we'd read it differently.
    Also, you aren't saying that YOU were confused. You are assuming that other people (much more ignorant than you, I guess) might be confused. Maybe that assumption is problematic?
    I might be wrong that there's some connection between what answers people are given and whether they are confused. But I have seen people who actually are confused - or at least, they're eating what seems like a rather unhealthy diet. Whether that's because they're confused or because they don't care as long as they're losing weight, it's hard to say.

Fwiw, I was confused by what a number of posts (elsewhere on the board) meant. They certainly sounded like it truly made no difference what someone ate, as long as they met their calorie goals.

What? :huh:
This discussion has been closed.