Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Should your S.O./Spouse have a say so if they feel you are too thin or too large?

Options

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,804 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I should hate you for bumping this thread, but I love this too much. Rory! :love:

Any excuse to get in a Doctor Who quote, and Amy and Rory. Best love story eva.

That was beautiful. A beautiful sentiment, and from one of my favorite shows! <3
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    a95e5c72a49b793e2252181e9b52a911.jpg

^^That. That is why some of us are so flabbergasted that anyone would dump someone over what is not even a significant weight gain. Because we understand being in love with the person Not the package they come in.

I have to point out that this man is an amazing actor. I adored him in Broadchurch.

Are you thinking of David Tennant? This is Arthur Darvill, Rory Williams in the show.
    Edit, nevermind! They're BOTH in it :laugh:
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I should hate you for bumping this thread, but I love this too much. Rory! :love:

Hey Hey, it's nothing wrong with bumping this thread I tellya!!!
  • pinuplove
    Options
    a95e5c72a49b793e2252181e9b52a911.jpg

^^That. That is why some of us are so flabbergasted that anyone would dump someone over what is not even a significant weight gain. Because we understand being in love with the person Not the package they come in.

I have to point out that this man is an amazing actor. I adored him in Broadchurch.

Are you thinking of David Tennant? This is Arthur Darvill, Rory Williams in the show.
    Edit, nevermind! They're BOTH in it :laugh:

Lol I was definitely thinking of the right person but no worries

Yeah, sorry about that! Totally spaced for a minute :blush:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject of amazing love stories...
    rljkqrs7ptle.jpg

Best opening of a film ever!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    While we're on the subject of amazing love stories...
    rljkqrs7ptle.jpg

Best opening of a film ever!

I ugly cried.

This movie made me experience emotions outside of anger...and there was no dust in sight to blame it on. One of those movies I sit down and watch regardless of what's going on.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Loving someone and being interested in being in a monogamous and sexual relationship with them are two very different things.

No matter how many fictional movies someone quotes, the reality is that you don't choose what physically turns you on or off, and nobody is required to be in a monogamous and sexual relationship with someone they are not sexually attracted to. That doesn't make them a bad person for leaving.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Is this still going on????
  • pinuplove
    Options

It's @Nony_Mouse 's fault!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

It's like the song that doesn't end.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Loving someone and being interested in being in a monogamous and sexual relationship with them are two very different things.

No matter how many fictional movies someone quotes, the reality is that you don't choose what physically turns you on or off, and nobody is required to be in a monogamous and sexual relationship with someone they are not sexually attracted to. That doesn't make them a bad person for leaving.

You are utterly and completely missing the point. I guess you've just never experienced it.