Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Replies

• missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    missanne11 wrote: »

I do find it funny as bars are so conscious of the booze amount it shares as $$. Hmm...

Yes and the more the persons bar tab comes to the more $$$ tip $$$ the bartender makes. Vicious cycle indeed. :/

That's true. There's a method to their madness!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member

I wish I could go back and talk to myself 5 years ago ;)

I hear you on this statement. I wish I could have done that years ago. Today would be very different.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey, how's everyone doing?? :)

I fell guilty bcoz I haven't seen much action today as some days. I hope with my earlier posts i haven't turned off people or made anyone loose focus.

Im sorry, i felt bad after i did it and couldnt change it.
    It's important i know, to feed on and to share positives..
    Im sorry :/

There's nothing to apologize for! You are sharing your journey. I think its just as important to share the negative aspects, though its harder to do. We all celebrate our wins, and we all have our challenging days. Xo
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Hugs for everyone <3:)
  • ali3boys
    ali3boys Posts: 84 Member
    FattieBabs wrote: »
    Playing in a show this week so after show bar sessions. Determined not to drink. Any suggestions for non alcoholic but low sugar. Diet tonic with lemon comes to mind!

Hi there :) I love soda water and lime when I'm out with friends drinking. It's bubbly and refreshing. Plus it's great for waistline ;) plus you stay hydrated ... It's a win, win.
  • ali3boys
    BTW my avatar is drinking grapefruit juice this month. LOL

Lol :D love it
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey, how's everyone doing?? :)

I fell guilty bcoz I haven't seen much action today as some days. I hope with my earlier posts i haven't turned off people or made anyone loose focus.

Im sorry, i felt bad after i did it and couldnt change it.
    It's important i know, to feed on and to share positives..
    Im sorry :/

Don't apologize at all! You are always the best cheerleader on this thread. And it's ok if you have a down day or a difficult day. We all do! We are here for each other on good days and bad. Always feel free to post on those bad days; we will lift you up if we can. xo
  • RubyRed427
    Still dry for the month. The last major hurdle for me is this weekend - I'm going to a concert on Friday night and Saturday is St. Patrick's Day which is like the Super Bowl of drinking holidays. It will be unusual for me to be at a show without a beer in hand, but I plan on having bottled water and I've got plans with family on Saturday, so I should be able to continue my streak of alcohol-free days.

I was dry all January even when I went away to Nashville for the weekend with friends. I think you will have to decide if it's more important to you to stay AF for 30 days without wavering?

Either way, it will be a learning experience:)
  • RubyRed427
    Creofan wrote: »
    I started this month with good intentions, did well until last week and had a drink three evenings in a row. Poo! I'm back now with the intention of 1 drink per week. I know I can do this!

That can happen. Just start fresh today. You can do it!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Creofan wrote: »
    I started this month with good intentions, did well until last week and had a drink three evenings in a row. Poo! I'm back now with the intention of 1 drink per week. I know I can do this!

That can happen. Just start fresh today. You can do it!

You know one drink each evening is awesome I think that shows great control!
  • ali3boys
    This weekend will be a big test for me. I am going away with my friends to party and go out to bars and dance. They are big drinkers but always under control. We have great laughs and love the holiday. And we Uber or walk everywhere. I will probably have a few drinks. Maybe not. I really won't know until I'm with them how I'll feel.

On one hand, I don't even want to take one sip; it has lost its appeal after 70+ days of AF.
    On the other hand, I may need this weekend to sign and seal the deal that my drinking days are over. I may indulge one last time and probably regret it.

What's strange is the anxiety I am feeling now just thinking about it. The reason I was able to be AF since Jan.1st was that I made an absolute rule within myself not to take a sip.
    We support you wherever life leads you this weekend :) there is no right or wrong; we can only do the best we can do for ourselves individually. It's definitely a learning process that's for sure ;) We learn as we go :) sometimes it's amazing sometimes it's hard.