Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

My thoughts for you as suggestions is that if the reason u r drinking is feeling down then think of what u enjoy doing,..ie : sport , sight seeing, .. anything maybe somthing u have never done b4 and focus on how your going to achieve it.
    Just a suggestion...

This is great advice. Focusing on an interest is the best. And i really like the idea of maybe picking up something you haven’t done!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    My lil awkward win today.....around 5pm started feeling really tired and bored....thought of going to gym but was too uninspired. Decided I need to kill time by drinking.....resisted, debated, fought, gave in.....and finally gave up....got in my car and drove to the liquor store, parked in the lot......then a moment of clarity....if i could only drive away to the next lot, maybe i have time to think, drove to the next lot, parked, and checked my phone.....something said drive away....drove away and came home, made a healthy dinner and took a shower

follow up to the story, i woke up and felt great. i knew i would wake up feeling bad if i had given in yesterday. i did say, great job, to myself, as it is important to recognize the victories and we dont do that often enough

That’s awesome. It’s true, you never wake up and regret NOT drinking. You only regret the opposite. It’s weird how sometimes it’s easy to not drink and other times it takes so much willpower to not.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I'm only 8 minutes into this documentary and am already terrified. But knowledge is power so I thought I would share it with my team here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySbeSUE2XHE&t=227s

This scares the crap out of me. Has anyone had one of these liver function tests?

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    I'm only 8 minutes into this documentary and am already terrified. But knowledge is power so I thought I would share it with my team here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySbeSUE2XHE&t=227s

This scares the crap out of me. Has anyone had one of these liver function tests?

Me too.. I past it on to the family and their friends
  • Alzzi76
    edited March 2018
    snoo61 wrote: »
    I don't post often, but I read every single post from all of you. I backslid this month, been going over my goal a lot more than 50% of the time. The amazing thing is that while I was discouraged at the beginning of the month, I've actually been encouraged the last week or so. I've stopped opening a beer because "its time" at night. If I don't want a beer yet, I don't have it. That might not seem like much, but its huge to me. I actually drank 1 under my goal one night. Thank you all for being here and letting me go through this with you. :)

That's called listening to your body, that's good. Everything in moderation. Sometimes a little bit is ok. Some people take small amounts for medicine.

Im not sure if I've got your whole point but they say wine is good for this, not that i believe everything people say.. beer is probably good for some things too.
    If u can moderate that great. Lucky you, some cant :)

It nice to have u with us too.. your helping us as well.
  • Alzzi76
    edited March 2018
    I found this today and i immediately thought abt this thread and some reasons why some drink, I wondered if it might help any one out there thats quitely stuggling ...

https://youtu.be/p4F5UXN_AVk
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Playing in a show this week so after show bar sessions. Determined not to drink. Any suggestions for non alcoholic but low sugar. Diet tonic with lemon comes to mind!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I am loving your new picture @JulieAL1969. You look so refreshed and happy!
  • salleewins
    These posts are incredibly moving. To those of you that have lost children, I am so sorry and send my love. My late and very wise father used to say, "everyone carries an invisible bucket of tears", meaning we cannot see each other's pain but it is there. I hope this thread is a refuge and comfort to all that come here. It certainly has been for me.

Thank you for your very kind words!
  • salleewins
    I am sorry to all who have lost children. It is an incredibly hard journey to be on. May we all be blessed in the midst of deep sorrow.
  • salleewins
    Yes, I don't want to use alcohol as a coping means for anything anymore. Even to unwind. Be gone with you, I am tired of you !!!
  • Alzzi76
    salleewins wrote: »
    Yes, I don't want to use alcohol as a coping means for anything anymore. Even to unwind. Be gone with you, I am tired of you !!!

<3<3
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member

I have lived through all this with my first husband, that died from cirrhosis of the liver.