Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    just sitting down after running all day , did laundry , made up bed, sent out paperwork for the mortgage.. took the boys for a couple of walks, and fed my DFIL.. now I am trying a TRULY spiked and sparking , it is light and refreshing...
    working tomorrow and it will be rainy..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    <3

Y'all doing okay? Haven't seen post lately. Perhaps I've just missed posts.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Wow, Beth, 8 pounds is terrific. Good going!! <3

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good evening! :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Puppy got her first haircut today. She no longer looks like a muppet and I think she will be much cooler. She did OK for the groomer but now she has crashed. Apparently being groomed is hard work. I will have to get a picture of her in her new do.

I did my yearly wellness visit with the Dr. yesterday. Labs won't be back for a couple of days. I asked about the new shingles vaccine. I had the old one and still got shingles twice. The doc told me the old one was only 50% effective and was not supposed to prevent shingles but postherpetic neuralgia or the nerve pain that could follow shingles.
    The new vaccine is 90-95% effective and is supposed to prevent shingles so she says I should get this one now.

Welcome to all the new people, join in when you feel like it and keep coming back.

Janetr - Doing well, just busy trying to keep up with the growing things on 10 acres. Sometimes I think it is a losing battle but the goats are starting to do their thing so we are going to try staking them out. They really cleaned out one corner where we were able to fence them in adjoining their pen.

Ginger - Sorry for your loss but like the choice of music.

Machka - Sounds like DH is coming along. Please be safe.

Rebecca - Your meals are so artistic!

For you TX ladies and anyone else who likes beautiful scenery and music: Wyman Meinzer's West Texas from Wyman Meinzer on Vimeo is awesome. He is the Texas state photographer.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.19min, 129mhr, 13amph. 1.5mi= 69c
    apple watch- 62c
    floor exerc- 42.21min, 2 sets of 10ea, 128mhr, 24diff exercises= 189c
    apple watch- 225c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.59min, 128mhr, 17.8amph, 1.4mi= 48c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride puy to sumn sta- 12.46min, 14.3amph, 112ahr, 146mhr, 3mi= 132c
    apple watch- 125c
    jog sumn sta 2 wk- 4.31min, 159mhr, 144ahr, 8.33min mi, .5mi= 56c
    apple watch- 53c
    I WAS FLYIN!!! jog wk 2 sumn sta- 3.52min, 8.17min mile, 154mhr, .4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.56min, 153mhr, 9.1amph, 2.5mi= 178c
    apple watch- 155c

total cal 732
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dana and Rebecca - I'm on my way - save a plate and glass of wine for me!

Michelle - We usually get the house sprayed every month and they do the bees at that time. However, someone posted on FB that WD-40 (with one of those tiny nozzles) will kill the bees and lavae ... so that is what we will be doing this weekend.

Lenora
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ok Mary, do you rest 1min between each set of kettlebell swings. That’s something I’ve been confused about. (Just thinking things through and planning for when my foot is better.)

Congratulations to all you losers out there!!!

Terry in VT
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Beth, I had my first (and only) colonoscopy at age 64. They found nothing and said to come back in 10 years.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Went to the deep water class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gunnar Peterson’s Accellerated Core Training DVD

Rebecca – I’m the same way you are with carbs. Almost all of my carbs are from fruits and veges. I just can’t justify in my mind not being able to have them. I very very rarely have white flour. Not that I never do, but I do very rarely.

Felicia – feel better fast. Do you know that the first and only time I’ve ever had a UTI someone had to tell me what it was!

Ginger – I’m so sorry about your cousin. That was a very fitting end at his funeral. I bet it put a lot of smiles on people’s faces and that’s what he wanted.

We have a ball game to go to with the Newcomers tomorrow so I need to get my dinner ready. I’ve done that for years. They only offer the typical baseball food – hot dogs, hamburgers, chili (with lots of grease). So I take my “going to the movies” pocketbook with a sandwich, some carrots, a piece of fruit, maybe a few other things. They do have water to drink so I take a few bottles with me.

There is no way on this green earth that you’ll get me in a bikini. A one-piece, maybe. But I usually have some sort of coverup on when I have a bathing suit on

Today I found out that one of the ladies in my deep water class is 92! One of the ladies on our senior bowling league is 93!. She has the same handicap as me….lol. Both ladies drive themselves everywhere.

Picked up my car yesterday. Everything is working fine now

Exercised, stopped at the Salvation Army, my mulch was delivered, cut the grass, used weedwacker, swept, took a “rinse off the sweat, dirt and grass” shower, and into the pool I went! Oh, inflated my raft too.

Mary – how come I don’t look like you when I’m at 135? You must have good genes. It seems that if I have some of the protein shake and applesauce at night, I gain weight. But if I just have an apple, I don’t. Go figure!

Lacey – welcome! The best “diet” is just cutting down on your portions (which is what you’re doing right now). The women on this thread have some awesome ideas for incorporating more veges and fruits, so you’re at a great place

2aycocks – So sorry for your loss

Sue in WA – My understanding is that the longer we have the vaccine, the more it loses its effectiveness. Don’t know about the new one, tho. I don’t think it does

Lenora – do you spray the WD40 into the holes, on the wood where they go, or at the bee?

Michele in NC