September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I'm coming down with a cold. Scratchy nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Also feel achy. Might be allergies but I don't really get them. I feel really run down. Been a crap week with some personal stuff going on.

Oh no. ‘‘Tis the season though. Early night, wake up better. And sorry about the other crappy stuff.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @juliet3455 WTG with the race! I vote for 369/793. Can't believe you are having summer snow!!! That's crazy!

@Avidkeo I hope you are feeling better today!

@ContraryMaryMary Done. It looks like you're tied for first place at the moment! Good luck!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    no run yesterday sleep, slept thru alarms this morning.
    lawn or run lawn or run. days like these make me wish for a power mower
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Okay, definitely have peroneal tendinitis (or however it is spelled). No running for
    me this week until I can see the physio on Friday so I'm just going to lurk here grumpily.

i get it. i didn't really believe in the benefits of kt tape but one of my races has it for free. it made a huge difference. it is worth a try imho. i had no pain that day (half marathon with lots of hills)
    here is a link to how i tape (though do whatever your physio tell you to do. i am not a doctor)

I second the KT tape. I was a doubter but when plantar fasciitis popped up I gave in. You can actually feel it working. When I feel my arches getting tired I tape again. But yah, not a doctor so talk with them too lol
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    It's fall here now! 😂😂😂
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Okay, definitely have peroneal tendinitis (or however it is spelled). No running for me this week until I can see the physio on Friday so I'm just going to lurk here grumpily.

@sarahthes Oh no! Rest and take care of it! This put me in a boot for a month because I ignored it until I finished my marathon in December. I figured if I didn’t go to the doctor he couldn’t tell me not to run the marathon I had been training my butt off for. Moral of the story? Don’t be me! ;)

The tendinitis still flares up from time to time but my PT guy gave me some good exercises that help. My left ankle has weakness from nerve damage which cause my foot to roll in when I run. Physical therapy was very helpful with this in my experience.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 70 Miles

9/1: 6 miles
    9/2: Rest
    9/3: 4 miles
    9/4: 3 miles
    9/5: 3 miles
    9/6: 3 miles
    9/7: Rest
    9/8: 2 miles
    9/9: 3.1 miles (Race Day)
    9/10: 4 miles
    9/11: Rest
    9/12: 7 miles

Miles Completed: 35 of 70

Upcoming Races:

Santa Monica Classic | 5K | September 9th, 2018
    Los Angeles Marathon | March 24th 2019

If someone had told me 3 months ago, I'd be running 7 miles before work...I probably would have laughed at them. Getting out the door at 5 to get my workout in so early in the morning, I didn't think I'd be doing that, but here I am! I'm honestly very grateful to be able to run and enjoy the wind in my face and scenery passing me by. I never thought running longer distances would be enjoyable, but today I really hit a nice stride and never even needed to take any walk breaks. It was quite remarkable in the short time I've been consistently running. I think I've finally grasped the concept of running easy on easy days. And my easy days are slowly getting a little bit quicker in time as the months go on.

I remember thinking when I made my last turn today as I had 2 miles back to the house, that I could do this. Like, I knew for a fact I could book it the rest of the way and still have energy left over. It was such an amazing feeling. And I had been struggling with my longer runs up until recently. So, I had that extra burst of adrenaline knowing I had done so well up to that point. I finished my last mile a whole minute faster than the rest of the miles completed.

Super happy.

Same, same, and same! It's so much fun when the easy runs are easy, the wind is blowing, and the scenery is lovely - high five!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

By the end of the day, the battery is already low, so probably not enough for music. I can't get lost, same route all the time. And if i fall? Rub some dirt on it and get back up... 😉

I have an iPhone with a mophie - which I keep snapped right onto the phone. It's basically a back-up battery that recharges the phone. I love it and it has been a life saver many times - whether on my bike or long runs or whenever the battery runs low. I just flip a little switch and presto - I'm back to 100% battery.