Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @hesn92 - the answer to that problem is get new ear buds - preferably wireless :) then there is no adapter issue!

That’s what I did actually lol! Walmart DOES NOT SELL ear bud adapters, and they don’t sell ear buds that will plug into my phone at all! This is very upsetting to me. Now I’m really annoyed with apple. I got wireless earbuds. They seem a little too high tech for me but I guess they will do.

The headphone jack is a major thorn in the side for many iPhone owners. I have been using wireless for years so did not affect me, but you can order the adapter on Amazon, or from Apple Directly. It is overpriced of course. All things Apple are. :D

My Pixel came with a headphone adapter. No extra charge. Just sayin'.

The iPhone did too, but she lost it.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @hesn92 - the answer to that problem is get new ear buds - preferably wireless :) then there is no adapter issue!

That’s what I did actually lol! Walmart DOES NOT SELL ear bud adapters, and they don’t sell ear buds that will plug into my phone at all! This is very upsetting to me. Now I’m really annoyed with apple. I got wireless earbuds. They seem a little too high tech for me but I guess they will do.

The headphone jack is a major thorn in the side for many iPhone owners. I have been using wireless for years so did not affect me, but you can order the adapter on Amazon, or from Apple Directly. It is overpriced of course. All things Apple are. :D

One day I will master reading comprehension. LOL
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile i think i was looking at that jacket. i really want that jacket. i put it on my christmas list.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

One day I will master reading comprehension. LOL

To be fair my original comment where I talked about losing it wasn't part of this quote string lol
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    Last night I ordered a headlamp and a new running belt that can also carry a water bottle. This morning I ordered two more pair of the balega endure socks. I think I might have a problem.

Let us know when you have an issue finding a place to keep all your running shoes.

I've been there for awhile. But I need another pair to replace the pair I hate. Lol
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I used one of @_nikkiwolf_ 's suggestions, and tried it out on @Orphia 's run for Dennis and uploaded it back to Strava. Haven't deleted the original or started on the rest of the list yet, as I'm weighing the pros and cons. It removes the "ran with" tags, but I guess if the tag is important to someone, you could tag yourself on the new run. I don't think we want to leave both runs there, as it will confuse things when someone goes to do the visualizations and give us double stats. I do think having everything in a standard time zone will give us the best results, though. So don't be alarmed if things look messy on the Strava account for now, I'll get things converted over and then clean things up ;)
    @Orphia could you send me the updated list? I tried to follow along and think I have most of it, but it would be better to use the official list.

The idea of Dennis showing up as a runner in more than one place at the same time reminds me of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Travelers-Wife-Audrey-Niffenegger/dp/193156146X/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A8QEZJWPW7K8XDAJR49Y

The time traveler in the story is a runner.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oct 24 - 1.82 mi
    Oct 25 - lower body strength
    Oct 26 - 2.49 mi hills 550 ft - Grand Canyon Staircase on treadmill and upper body strength

MTD: 22 / 25 miles

I believe I am finally going to make goal this month. Hooray! Feeling over this long cold, though yesterday, my keyboard cord got caught on my foot, and I managed to pull everything off my tray. When I bent down to pick it up, fluid poured out of my nose. It felt exactly like a nosebleed, and I quickly grabbed a Kleenex expecting to see blood, but it was completely clear. It was so fast, it even dripped on the floor. It happened three or four times while I was picking everything up. Post-nasal drip? So weird. Anyone have this before? I had a doctor's appt again on Monday; fingers crossed I didn't pick up a new bug. I seem to be susceptible to everything at the moment.

@katharmonic Best of luck with your marathon this weekend! You're so ready and it's going to be amazing!

@sarahthes Oh, I hate choices like that. I'd put shoes before races, but if the races keep you going, then they might be more important.

@kgirlhart I love that you are running easy because it feels right. I have done that a bit lately, and I also enjoyed not paying any attention to my pace/heart rate, etc. Hope your feet are okay.

@7lenny7 So sorry about your toe and having to be off running and driving for so long. Wishing you a speedier than anticipated recovery.

And good luck to everyone else who is racing this weekend. I remember reading at least one other is, but I'm sorry I have forgotten and can't seem to spot it quickly looking back in the thread.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Aw, Hobbes is the best. So glad he's doing better.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

In non-running news I got a message from a friend last night that Hobbes the Vizsla is in the top 10 of Vizslas in the US in Agility! I was pretty sure it was the top 10 for sleeping :) but I saw the list - wow!! guess all those classes have paid off!
    0lraclplxocn.jpg
    He really can jump and hopefully we will be back at it soon!
    3gl1khjygkj6.jpg

Wow!! Congrats!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @hesn92 - I got Belkin adapter I think, at Target. I got it for those occasions when I don't have my wireless headphones with me (traveling for work) or they are not charged for some reason.
    @pastorvincent - the big move by Apple is to get away from having/needing any 'connectors' at all - everything will be done wirelessly which honestly from a tech perspective is the direction the industry is heading. Last year one of the biggest things talked about in my industry was the 'office of the future' that had no wires at all. I have yet to see it fully implemented but that was the intent.

We were supposed to have paperless offices by now but that hasn't really happened lol