What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    48 min of rowing plus connected slides in pairs. Cue 29 minutes of frustration and 19 min of "oh ok well this is going shockingly well". The first round of frustration was, I think, primarily an issue of how far apart the slides were (we didn't set it up well), the second round was not.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Bis Tris Traps and Calves

Barbell curls
    Concentration curls
    Pinwheel curls
    Reverse curls
    VBar pushdowns
    OH rope extensions
    Standing calf raises
    Shrugs
  • mithion
    mithion Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2019
    50 burpee's in one go
    7 sets of-
    4 wide grip pushups
    4 regular pushups
    10 shoulder taps
    10 climber taps
    2 min walking rest between sets
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    4 easy climbs with my boys, then GMB Elements week2/day5, then cardio day (still resting those forearms!). 20 minutes elliptical, 30 min arc trainer, 10 min stairs.
  • therealnoahgibb
    therealnoahgibb Posts: 8 Member
    9ahb6ur24421.jpg
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    3km walk on treadmill
    Planks and v-sit russian twists
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Squats, chest and back, jump rope about 50 mins in my lunch break, and about to head out now to the Y for an hour and a half of water polo scrimmage.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Nothing else is working this week, so nothing today.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (on an incline)
    Then I did the 30 minute circuit at planet fitness. This is my first week back in the gym so I’m not sure what kind of routine I will end up doing.

Current weight 224.6
    Goal weight 200 (first goal weight)
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles / 31:28 / 318 calories
    Meant to do 20 tonight, but I am more sore and in need of a second rest day than I realized. Had that “something is gonna pull” feeling a bit too much.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Lower body. Four day upper/lower hypertrophy program.

Stiff leg deadlifts
    Rear lunges
    Hip thrusts
    Split squats
    Calf raises
    Abs
  • aokoye
    edited January 2019
    Meant to do 20 tonight, but I am more sore and in need of a second rest day than I realized. Had that “something is gonna pull” feeling a bit too much.

Just an observation - take it or leave it. Some of your rest days haven't really been seemingly like rest days, especially given how new you are to this sort of exercise (though I could be wrong on that point). I know recently at least once, if not a few times you've said something about riding X number of minutes on a rest day. This could be your body telling you to take a day or two off the bike entirely.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    No weights today, ran 3.1 miles and the last mile I ran it in 7 minutes 59 seconds, my fastest mile yet. I could hear the wind howling through the music in my headphones at one point.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    3.1mile run to
    1hr bootcamp
    Resting now ahead of tomorrow's 15 miles
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    1 hour and half of playing just dance 2019. Really great and fun workout
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Curled this morning. So sweeping and rock throwing
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    60 min body pump class followed by 50 minutes spinning.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Just an observation - take it or leave it. Some of your rest days haven't really been seemingly like rest days, especially given how new you are to this sort of exercise (though I could be wrong on that point). I know recently at least once, if not a few times you've said something about riding X number of minutes on a rest day. This could be your body telling you to take a day or two off the bike entirely.

I went through the past 3+ months of my posts and only a few times have I really spoken about that. The other day I had already had a rest day and found that I needed a second.

30:20 and 10 miles. Didn’t plan to workout at all today. I certainly didn’t want to. I was super sore already.
    This was more me being sore from a good workout, not in need of a rest day. Anyone working out can get sore throughout the week. Not wanting to workout was from being lazy.
    No workout yesterday, had to have a day off as 5 days riding in a row was enough that my body needed a day off.

burned 475 calories doing 33 minutes of Bicycling, >20 mph, racing (cycling, biking, bike riding)

33:55, 20km/12.43 miles , 475 calories.
    Again, started at 25(max), stayed there until the end.

I had a night off, and came back without issue.
    15 miles / 46:27 / 485 calories
    Had to take it slow after my knee issue last night.

Had a flair up the previous night from an old injury where I was side swiped by a truck while chasing down some thieves. Took that night off and then was cautious the next night. I only biked because I felt fine that evening and had been careful about it the entire day.
    13 miles / 38:17 / 457 calories
    That same off feeling near the glute. Called it for the night. Not gonna push and tear. I was riding at 25 (max) and doing 60-80 rpm. That’s pushing hard.
    Ended my ride early that night. Again, listening to my body. Felt fine to do a slower ride the next night.
    10.1 miles / 28:42 / 370 calories
    Not bad for my rest day.

2,940.8 miles left this year.
    I was at the end of my day, listening to how my body was feeling, and did a ride. That was after 2 days of riding. Not really that uncommon for short rides.
    10 miles / 31:33 / 308 calories
    Biking tonight wasn’t on the plan.. tomorrow is a rest day for sure.

Took a rest day as well. I hadn't planned to ride that night. I did because I was feeling great.

Cut my ride short and planned a rest day after. Again, I am reacting to how I feel and moderating from there.

So far this year I have kept track of each ride. Usually I do 3 days in a row max. I had a really good stretch of 4, but then took a rest. Out of these many months of riding, 2 posts meet the criticism. Both said I was going to take a night off as well.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    01/Jan/2019: 0,000.0 Miles Covered - 2,974.0 Miles to go
    02/Jan/2019: 0,011.4 Miles Covered - 2,962.6 Miles to go
    03/Jan/2019: 0,011.7 Miles Covered - 2,950.9 Miles to go
    04/Jan/2019: 0,010.1 Miles Covered - 2,940.8 Miles to go
    05/Jan/2019: 0,010.0 Miles Covered - 2,930.8 Miles to go
    06/Jan/2019: 0,000.0 Miles Covered - 2,930.8 Miles to go
    07/Jan/2019: 0,010.0 Miles Covered - 2,920.8 Miles to go
    08/Jan/2019: 0,010.0 Miles Covered - 2,910.8 Miles to go
    09/Jan/2019: 0,010.8 Miles Covered - 2,900.0 Miles to go
    10/Jan/2019: 0,000.0 Miles Covered - 2,900.0 Miles to go
    11/Jan/2019: 0,010.0 Miles Covered - 2,890.0 Miles to go
    12/Jan/2019: 0,000.0 Miles Covered - 2,890.0 Miles to go
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

These rides have been lower intensity and resistance. 7 occurrences in nearing 4 months of biking isn't bad. When something feels off, I stop, assess, and take time if i need it. I also don't post here on off nights as it would be without purpose. A 4 day in a row workout session is the outlier. 2-3 days in a row is the norm. Rest days are also the norm.. but again, I don't post here when I'm in a rest day. So, considering I didn't workout for a few days, I started NYD not working out. So -/4/-/3/-/1/- That's 8 days riding out of 12 days. Seems more than reasonable for light intensity rides that aren't long.

• aokoye

These rides have been lower intensity and resistance. 7 occurrences in nearing 4 months of biking isn't bad. When something feels off, I stop, assess, and take time if i need it. I also don't post here on off nights as it would be without purpose. A 4 day in a row workout session is the outlier. 2-3 days in a row is the norm. Rest days are also the norm.. but again, I don't post here when I'm in a rest day. So, considering I didn't workout for a few days, I started NYD not working out. So -/4/-/3/-/1/- That's 8 days riding out of 12 days. Seems more than reasonable for light intensity rides that aren't long.
    I didn't expect you to post a play by play of your rides this month nor your various rest days. I was just going off of what I remembered. I didn't pretend to have remembered all of your posts - not in the least. I'm also willing to be wrong given that I don't keep an eagle eye on your (or anyone else's) posts. I also wouldn't expect you to post about your rest days in general unless there's something out of the ordinary going on.

Also I should note, my post wasn't a criticism (as you termed it) at all, it was an observation with a suggestion attached (that I said upfront to take of leave). I will say, if the "something doesn't feel right" continues and is more fatigue than potential orthopedic issues, you might want to think about spacing your rest days different. Ie biking Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday instead of three days in a row. You'd get the same amount of training stress but you'd have more time to recover in between.
  • aokoye
    Today was rowing on the water - I'm finally finally waking up before 5am without my alarm.

I had a lot of issues with regards to squaring my blade early enough and just staying in time in general. I was fine working by 4s and 6s, but once we got to whole boat work, I was having issues. I suspect at least some of it had to do the fact that it was my first time out on the water in two weeks and my being a novice meaning a quicker rate of skill attrition. As one of the advanced rowers who was in my boat said when I talked to him afterword, "you don't do a lot of squaring on an erg" :D Again with these non-buoyant ergs...

I think today was also the farthest I've rowed which was cool and I was a lot less anxious than usual which was great. I'm glad we've been doing work on the erg on Wednesdays evenings at high stroke rates because we were at a 28 a for probably 6 or 8 minutes total (in 2 minute spurts) on our way back to the dock. At one point we went from a 24 or 26 down to an 18....that was an interesting experience.