Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,543Member Member Posts: 2,543Member Member

These rides have been lower intensity and resistance. 7 occurrences in nearing 4 months of biking isn't bad. When something feels off, I stop, assess, and take time if i need it. I also don't post here on off nights as it would be without purpose. A 4 day in a row workout session is the outlier. 2-3 days in a row is the norm. Rest days are also the norm.. but again, I don't post here when I'm in a rest day. So, considering I didn't workout for a few days, I started NYD not working out. So -/4/-/3/-/1/- That's 8 days riding out of 12 days. Seems more than reasonable for light intensity rides that aren't long.
    I didn't expect you to post a play by play of your rides this month nor your various rest days. I was just going off of what I remembered. I didn't pretend to have remembered all of your posts - not in the least. I'm also willing to be wrong given that I don't keep an eagle eye on your (or anyone else's) posts. I also wouldn't expect you to post about your rest days in general unless there's something out of the ordinary going on.

Also I should note, my post wasn't a criticism (as you termed it) at all, it was an observation with a suggestion attached (that I said upfront to take of leave). I will say, if the "something doesn't feel right" continues and is more fatigue than potential orthopedic issues, you might want to think about spacing your rest days different. Ie biking Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday instead of three days in a row. You'd get the same amount of training stress but you'd have more time to recover in between.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,543Member Member Posts: 2,543Member Member
    Today was rowing on the water - I'm finally finally waking up before 5am without my alarm.

I had a lot of issues with regards to squaring my blade early enough and just staying in time in general. I was fine working by 4s and 6s, but once we got to whole boat work, I was having issues. I suspect at least some of it had to do the fact that it was my first time out on the water in two weeks and my being a novice meaning a quicker rate of skill attrition. As one of the advanced rowers who was in my boat said when I talked to him afterword, "you don't do a lot of squaring on an erg" :D Again with these non-buoyant ergs...

I think today was also the farthest I've rowed which was cool and I was a lot less anxious than usual which was great. I'm glad we've been doing work on the erg on Wednesdays evenings at high stroke rates because we were at a 28 a for probably 6 or 8 minutes total (in 2 minute spurts) on our way back to the dock. At one point we went from a 24 or 26 down to an 18....that was an interesting experience.
  • JessAndreiaJessAndreia Posts: 283Member Member Posts: 283Member Member
    Dumbbell bench press 4 sets 8 reps
    Seated cable row 4 sets 8 reps
    Incline dumbbell press 2 sets 10 reps, 1 set 8 reps
    Pulldown 3 sets 10 reps
    Dumbbell curl 3 sets 10 reps
    Cable tricep pushdown 3 sets 10 reps
  • hillarysmith0529hillarysmith0529 Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    Leg extensions 100x (warmup)
    Single leg hamstring curls 3x20/side
    Leg press 6x10
    Calf raises 6x20
    Smith machine deadlifts 6x10
    Smith machine stationary lunges 3x10
    Hack squats 3x10
    Single leg deadlifts 3x10/side
    Hip adductor 100x
    Hip abductor 100x
    20 min run @ 6.0 mph

Ready for a nap now 😴💯
  • TavistockToadTavistockToad Posts: 35,819Member Member Posts: 35,819Member Member
    Parkrun 5k. I've got a lovely new 5k PB to show for my trouble :drinker:
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,334Member Member Posts: 1,334Member Member

I really should get to parkrun more often. I know it's not a race but it's the closest I get to race conditions for the distance. Can't remember the last race I did below 10k and I really do push harder in a race, when I'm just running on my own I take it too easy.
  • TavistockToadTavistockToad Posts: 35,819Member Member Posts: 35,819Member Member
    firef1y72 wrote: »

I really should get to parkrun more often. I know it's not a race but it's the closest I get to race conditions for the distance. Can't remember the last race I did below 10k and I really do push harder in a race, when I'm just running on my own I take it too easy.

It's not really my distance of choice, my first 5k race since 2016!

I've been running the distance quite a lot lately, thought I'd take on the red January thing then remembered I'm already doing a run streak so upped my minimum to 3.1 miles. Still my favourite race distance is a half, although I'll happily run a 10k if it's challenging enough or in an interesting location.

I've been running the distance quite a lot lately, thought I'd take on the red January thing then remembered I'm already doing a run streak so upped my minimum to 3.1 miles. Still my favourite race distance is a half, although I'll happily run a 10k if it's challenging enough or in an interesting location.

Impressive, my minimum for RED January is 1 mile, but then I usually only run 3-4 x a week
    15 mile easy marathon training run today. Not sure that anyone would really say that 15miles is easy. Was mostly in to the wind, and a little slower than usual.
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 16,570Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 16,570Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Shoveling snow for 2 hours.
  • iseewholewheatiseewholewheat Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    Pure Reform-- 50 min
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,206Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,206Member, Premium Member
    Run 3:05 walk 0:55 for exactly 1 hour - distance 5.8 miles - at local park.
  • CowboySarCowboySar Posts: 404Member Member Posts: 404Member Member
    Flat Dumbell press 4x10
    Incline dumbell press 4x10
    Vbar pushdowns 6x12
    Bench dips 3xAMAP
    Shrugs 4X12
    Calf raises 4X12
  • gradchica27gradchica27 Posts: 524Member Member Posts: 524Member Member
    Forearms still unhappy, so 15 min arc trainer, 20 min ab routine, 20 min stairs, and 25 min elliptical. Nice time to catch up on my reading, but hope I can get back to my regular lifting routine this week. Definitely taking the week off climbing! Learned my lesson about too much enthusiasm.
  • Isca_1Isca_1 Posts: 120Member, Premium Member Posts: 120Member, Premium Member
    Just getting back into my lifting as I had been off for about a month being sick. Dropped the weight down, which makes me sad, but got everything in and did a bit of the eliptical for a cooldown (really hate cardio)

Back squat 3x10
    Front squat 4x10
    Leg curl 4x10
    Leg extension 4x10
    Hip thrust 4x10

Felt pretty good, bit of a struggle, but I'll take it 🙂
    30 min PT- 300 and
    3.1 mile recovery run
    Shoulders and arms
    30min tabata
    45min barbell
  • JessAndreiaJessAndreia Posts: 283Member Member Posts: 283Member Member
    Goblet squats 2 sets 8 reps, 2 sets 6 reps
    Reverse lunges 1 set 14 reps, 1 set 12 reps, 1 set 10 reps
    Leg curl 3 sets 10 reps
    Calf raises 4 sets 12 reps
    Weighted suitcase crunch 4 sets 10 reps
    Plank
    edited January 14
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,206Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,206Member, Premium Member
    Pullups every 3:00 for 5 sets (8-5-5-5-4) and then a pull-up hang bottom position hold maximum- did 1:30.

Bar dips every 3:00 for 5 sets (9-9-11-12-7).

Walk 1 hour- distance 3.32 miles.
  • an0393naan0393na Posts: 840Member Member Posts: 840Member Member
    200m row
    10 air squats
    10 downward dog step outside
    ☝️5 rounds through

15 calories on the bike
    10 pull-ups
    5 35kg front squats
    ☝️AMRAP in 10 mins

...and smashed it! 💪