January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Great job!! Looking forward to the full report.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    So I am not running these days but I just have to comment on the weather and will leave it there... So California - 80F yesterday and 77 with clouds today.

So Hobbes the Vizsla gets a bit anxious for activity when we don't get to run. We also haven't had agility class since before Christmas. So yesterday I took him just to 'watch' a Lure Coursing trial hoping to try a practice run but they had a packed day. So I just went ahead and entered him today. All that pent up energy was evident in his run - he took off like a shot and ran so fast! Video at the link below. Look for the white moving plastic bags coming in from the top right side with Hobbes in fast pursuit. There are sheep in the field to the right and I was concerned they would distract him or he would run to my DH but no... he just ran and ran!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pdRE325W3uVsYjW19

Aww that so great seeing him run! Is he out of the woods with the cancer? He looked like he was having a great time!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Shanaber is that a timed event? Hobbs looked like he was having a blast.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 wrote: »
    :p *dew claws up* :D

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Also, I am going to try my darndest to stay up for the eclipse tonight. I’m going to have to bundle up!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Also, I am going to try my darndest to stay up for the eclipse tonight. I’m going to have to bundle up!

I'd forgotten about the lunar eclipse tonight. I won't be staying up for it; I don't think the clouds will look any different during the eclipse than before or after it.

Same here. It is already below zero F and temps are going to keep falling. Not great weather to stand still and stare at clouds in. :( I had wanted to take a time lapse of it... ah well, I get to try again in 2021, and I probably have a better camera by then too...
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Have any of you heard of this company? Their prices on running gear is WAY better than Nike, Under Armour, and company. Supposedly they are big in Europe? Newly come to the US? Does anyone know if their stuff competes in quality with UA/Nike/etc?

Decathlon
    https://www.decathlon.com/collections/running
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    No run today. This was a "cut back week" so that was actually scheduled. Next week ramps back up I guess. Have not looked yet. :)