KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Dana Happy Birthday!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Dana Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Recovering from yesterday. Doing Taxes today. Quite the process! Wednesday we are supposed to have heavy rain. We are bound to have some flooding because our storm sewers are under at least a foot of snow!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,791 Member
    Options
    what a day... well I walk into work and Dr Pandey hired a new office manager 32 yrs old ,cologned and spray tanned.... my impression is he is young and pushy , and thats not really going to work, but that is up to Dr P.. he is saying we are here to make money, no discounts ,this that and every other thing. and pushing stuff like fluoride for adults and composite (white fillings) on back teeth for state patients that are on government insurance, of course they would have to pay the difference.. he is going to scare away alot of patients, and we have been there alot longer than he has been around good lord he is in between both my kids in age..
    and I will have tomorrow off, like my old hours.I told Dr Pandey that I no longer want to work weekends I am getting burnt out every weekend and its not fair.. so we shall see. had a guy come give me a quote on a couple small jobs and he wants 500.00 nope dont think so..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Dana, Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day! <3

Machka,
    if I missed it - Happy Belated! Great photo of you and your DH. Love that he smiles in all the photos. <3

I am surprised at how well my snack strategy seems to be working. I'll put it in a spoiler -
    Formula is at least 1 Fat+Protein+Fiber gram per every 10 calories.

I discovered that my favorite candy bar, a MUNCH peanut bar, comes in at 220 calories with 15 gm fat + 2 gm fiber +6 gm protein = 23. So it's just making into the "OK" range. But it turns into something fine to keep in my car if I start to get really hungry with no chance of a nutritious meal in sight. And it has 13 gm of sugar, actually not that high if I haven't eaten much sugar all day - I try not to go over 50 gm total. Actually comes closer to my "formula" than many of the nutrition/snack bars on the breakfast food shelf in the grocery store.

I discovered apples are mostly carbs and some fiber, but spread a tablespoon of no sugar added peanut butter on 2 halves and I have around 200 calories which add up to 8 gm fat, 4 gm protein, 8 gm fiber = 20 gm. Now that's an apple with staying power.

Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies are my favorite. 130 calories with a sad total of 8 gms of fat/protein/fiber. Frost it with 1 T peanut butter however, I'm up to 230 calories but with a total of 22 gm fat+protein+fiber. That's close enough stop any additional cookie eating. And satisfy my sweet tooth at 10 gm sugar. The 100 extra calories in the peanut butter is a good investment if it keeps me from eating 4 of those cookies in one sitting... then prowling in the freezer for the ice cream. Which has been known to happen. Way too much :s .

Nuts, cheeses, avocadoes.... I'm making a list of nutritious "add ons" to keep on hand which have fat, protein, and fiber to beef up my snacks nutrition wise. Even strips of grilled chicken breast eaten with a small bag of potato or corn chips sounds kind of yummy!

In looking over my meals, most of them naturally do very well on this formula. 300 calories and 40+ gm fat+protein+fiber is not unusual, and working toward those goals actually kind of self-limits carbs.

I've been going through my pantry checking how closely what I have on hand comes up to my "formula" and what I can add if needed.
    OK enough on that.

Have a good evening ladies -

Lanette
    SW WA State where rain and warmer nights are in the forecast. Hooray! Buh-bye snow!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    PR= has always meant to me as personal representative

PB= has always meant to me as
    1- peanut butter
    2- personal best
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Yup, PB is what we say. It's our normal language. You say PR.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

That's what it is here too ... PB = Personal Best. :) I PB'd on a 10K run earlier this year. :)

PR is Public Relations.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
    🎊🎉🍾🎂❤️🎈 Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy to all 🍰🎂🧁🌹💋❤️🎈!!!!!!!!!!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Kylia ... you decided to clean the house in a dress, hose and heels?? :o
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dana!

Kelly glad you made it through a hard day!

It was sunny AGAIN today! Woo hoo!

Ate lunch with hubby and his family who are visiting from Virginia. They are freezing and can’t wait to get out of here! Lol!

Went to gym after and worked out! Haven’t been able to get there for 3 weeks because of weather. It’s great to have a change up in workouts!

Driving tomorrow 3 1/2 hrs to visit my dad in Kearney NE so will give a honk to the Nebraska girls as I zoom by on 80!

Have a great tomorrow everyone! Holly in Missouri
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! Thank you for all of the input on the piece that I wrote for my mother in laws memorial. I took your suggestions and read it through, out loud. Changed a couple of phrases, added the bit about my exchange with my mother in law after my parents passed, AND per Barbie's suggestion; printed it in large print (which really helped me keep my place as I read and tried to make eye contact with people). The reflection was well received by everyone. I managed to make it through without crying (I think the bit of stage fright I had, helped keep the lump in my throat at bay); but had many come up to me afterword with hugs and telling me how many tissues they went through. lol I made a copy and gave it to my father in law to keep.
    Now...I am exhausted and will be turning in early tonight. I have a one day work week (tomorrow). Then I have five days off. Halleluiah! I will re-read what I have read in the past couple of days (because nothing stuck) and talk to you ladies in the morning! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I'm glad you got through it, dear heart, proud of you, I know that was hard.

Lisa
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.11min, 11.6amph, 137mhr, 1.5mi= 89c
    SKI MACHINE- 32min, 128ahr, 153mhr, 20-30resist, 10incl, 1.32mi= 271c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.45min, 133mhr, 15.3amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.56min, 10.8amph, 117ahr, 147mhr, 175c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.32min, 10.32min mi, 149mhr, .5mi= 68c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.34min, 9.44min mi, 152mhr, .4mi= 74c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy!! - 20.40min 7.6amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi= 214c

total cal 956
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Happy birthday, Dana!
    pctealqk534b.gif

Yes this!! To you, Dana, and others coming up in March. :)
  • stndfirm
    stndfirm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice to find tjis thread or group.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Dana!

<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly Nicely done. You gave the other mourners a gift.

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options

Karen in Virginia

Karen in Virginia

So So TRUE, Kelly now get some well deserved rest.

NYKAREN