What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Grilled boneless pork chops, green beans, and smashed baby Yukon Gold potatoes. Best meal I’ve had in a long time.
    I brined the pork chops and added 1/2 tablespoon of liquid smoke to the brine. Really made a difference.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    grilled marinated chicken thighs with a side of roasted asparagus. Never underestimate a good thigh!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    my go to lunch most days...7 oz. air fried chicken breast with a large salad. 536 calories with 68 grams of protein.
    sbksvv6713yp.jpg

That looks so good!
    What I love best for lunch, but with honey-mustard instead of - is that hot sauce?

yes, sriracha ...honey mustard is great too
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal this morning. nom nom nom
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    SE Asian glass noodle salad with lightly pickled carrots and cucumber. Vietnamese pork chop currently marinating in caramel fish sauce. Asian roast asparagus with ginger powder, garlic and pepper.
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    Last thing i cooked was my lunch and breakfast for today which was lite creole chicken breast seared in a pan of coconut oil over wild and brown rice with Brussels sprouts then used the same pan as the chicken to cook my egg whites to soak up rest of the lite creole seasoning and add turkey sausage links.

Pictures on my page go ahead add me! looking for more supporters for my weight loss journey
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Vege chilli and brown rice

(The chilli included Butternut squash, savoy cabbage and very long runner beans - you can tell its autumn!)
  • kserg
    kserg Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2019
    Goat chilli:

64oz goat leg meat (boneless) (I debone my own, so I add a bone to it whilst cooking and then toss it.)
    Two onions
    Six cloves of garlic
    Four jalapenos
    Two poblanos
    Two anaheims
    Two cans of diced roasted tomatoes (too lazy to make that myself, maybe next time.)
    Chili Powder
    cumin
    Paprika
    Cayenne
    6 tsp of Olive oil (that's what I ended up using, can be less I guess.)
    black pepper
    salt
    1-2 teaspoons of All-Purpose Flour

* Brown the meat with cumin powder, chilli powder, black pepper, salt
    * saute onions, garlic, and peppers with cumin powder, chilli powder, black pepper, salt
    * Mix them all with meat and tomatoes.
    * Add spices as needed above as needed.
    * Have a beer whilst slow cooking it for a few hours, until you remember about it. I guess 2 hours?
    * If the gravy is runny, take few spoons of the gravy, mix it with all-purpose flour and mix it back into the chilli. Two teaspoons are usually enough.

Serving is about 6, I guess. Might be eight or whatever, I am a big dude, and I only eat two times a day, so 6 for me.

9jojuz188bz1.png
    {though, I am calling you out on the Cholesterol part, MFP, poppycocks!!!! Having said that, it's lowish, a goat is pretty healthy.)

Make sure goat is young, taste amazing. Older ones don't taste as great.
    For every bean you add to this, a kitten will die.

Toppings are whatever you want. It's your world, just don't let beans touch this... Love beans, but chilli can not have beans in it! It's the law!!!! You don't want to break the law... do you?

our4sq8l2pcb.jpeg

Cheers
    S.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Vietnamese garlic noodles reads as the world's most unlikely recipe as it contains fish sauce, oyster sauce, parmesan cheese and sugar as well as butter and garlic. But so good.
    uiotvl2rscdl.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    No pics but I too had a crusted fish dish, mine was lemon and parsley crusted hake with steamed broccoli and green beans, it was so good I couldn't resist some seconds.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Roasted sausage and veg. Recipe from MFP blog. So good!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last night we had Spaghetti squash with Turkey meat sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Came home from work, prepped the Squash and cooked in oven while I went to work out, the boys (my son and BF) followed my direction and made the meat sauce and put it on the squash, loaded with cheese and back in oven.
    I came home to a DELISH dinner! 😁
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    I’ve got red potatoes layered with tomatoes and red onion and olive oil baking in a hot oven right now - with some garlicky large mushrooms.

About to get cod popped on top - which is marinading in coriandar/parley/lemon/oil/paprika and cumin. (And carrots and broccoli ready to boil)

Some plums are baking in sugar and crushed cardamom seeds for pud.

I’m taking a break now all the work is done (!) and waiting for my nephews/neices/daughter and hubby to arrive..... hope they like it!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Salmon and corn chowder. I haven't actually eaten any of it, other than to taste for seasoning, but it will be lunch tomorrow. The corn was from the boat load of corn kernels that I froze this summer (I still have half of the bag left) and I used the corn broth that I made earlier this week. I'll likely have to freeze some of it.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Hi, today I made a spicy broiled Haddock with lemon juice, steamed rice, Normandy vegetables and corn. 😋 This one got a 10/10 and will be on the repeat menu.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    blackened salmon in airfryer with a large spinach & romaine salad.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Broccoli - avocado soup
    Roast duck