What's on your mind?

Options
1187518761878188018813221

Replies

  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

    Seriously STFU Linda >:)

    I like how descriptive you are, specifically sandpaper hands.

    LOL I guess I'm extra descriptive so ya'll can feel my pain!!

    It transferred. I've also been there.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

    Seriously STFU Linda >:)

    I like how descriptive you are, specifically sandpaper hands.

    LOL I guess I'm extra descriptive so ya'll can feel my pain!!

    It works. I'm mad at Linda too.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    oh its actually 345 this explains everything
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

    Seriously STFU Linda >:)

    I like how descriptive you are, specifically sandpaper hands.

    LOL I guess I'm extra descriptive so ya'll can feel my pain!!

    It transferred. I've also been there.

    The worse part is I can't use earbuds because I have to be able to hear the switchboard when it rings.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

    Seriously STFU Linda >:)

    I like how descriptive you are, specifically sandpaper hands.

    LOL I guess I'm extra descriptive so ya'll can feel my pain!!

    It transferred. I've also been there.

    The worse part is I can't use earbuds because I have to be able to hear the switchboard when it rings.

    Torture.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This is the Monday'est Monday ever! Time change has me feeling like it's almost quitting time.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Is liking classical music not in high demand? They are my favorite concerts, but doesn't seem prevalent.
    If Bugs Bunny is tiptoeing to it it’s good
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Is liking classical music not in high demand? They are my favorite concerts, but doesn't seem prevalent.
    If Bugs Bunny is tiptoeing to it it’s good

    Serf.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    Is liking classical music not in high demand? They are my favorite concerts, but doesn't seem prevalent.
    If Bugs Bunny is tiptoeing to it it’s good

    Serf.

    Elitist
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    Is liking classical music not in high demand? They are my favorite concerts, but doesn't seem prevalent.
    If Bugs Bunny is tiptoeing to it it’s good

    Serf.

    Elitist

    Thine words cutst deep.

    Well, word, as it were.

    Word up.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

    The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    The dark side of social media is the perception of perfection. We have all been guilty of it, even those of us who don’t have shame in posting the funny bad moments such as photos of toddlers behaving badly. From fabulous foods to glamorous vacations we all have been guilty of posting something that portrayed a moment of happiness within our lives. But the truth of the matter is, it’s only a portion of the story. The best part obviously, but that doesn’t mean our lives are always perfect.

    As a society we need to learn to take social media for what it’s worth. Understand that behind the displayed perfection are flaws. I wish everyone would post a little more about the bumps in the road. We see all the fabulous moments, but in reality it’s only a snippet of truth. Behind the wonderful vacation was the hours of packing, fighting with the kids, delayed plane rides, rude locals, crappy hotel rooms. Those are the in between moments that we aren’t posting.

    I mostly post articles about meat recalls and female orgasm but I get what you’re saying.

    Then again.

    If you’re going on a fabulous vacation and you’re complaining about the packing or the substandard hotel room, I’m going to think you’re an ungrateful brat. And if you’re my friend, I’m going to tell you so in as nice a way as possible.

    I want people to express their joy whenever possible and share their sorrows as well of course. But we all need to extend a little grace.

    That was merely an example but I agree that we need to be more balanced in what we are posting. Personally I don’t think using social media is the place one should seek out martial advice or air out serious personal life struggles. I find there are many people that use social media as a way to obtain negative attention and pitty from strangers by not being completely truthful about the situation to begin with. It all come down to perspective.

    I’m not so sure if it comes down to grace for others rather than grace for ourselves. I feel that it may be our own expectations that destroys us.

    I find it unfortunate, when we want to hold others up to our personal opinion on what to share and or not publicly. Some people don’t have the funds to see a therapist weekly. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Theres life blogs, therapist also suggest a pen and paper to write things out. I think there’s healing, in releasing real feelings and thoughts. The audience will for sure be a mix of DO NOT SHARE, the ones who pretend not to see and then talk about it with others and then there’s those who actually get it.

    I can’t speak for everyone, I can speak for myself when I share my marriage coming to an end, it’s not for pity or have people think I’m miserable. I’m not miserable, I’m happy within myself and have beautiful children. I’m thankful for the father of my children and I want him to be happy too.

    I agree. I've been accused here of lying about my illness and I'm sure some people think I'm sharing for a pitty party (shame on them) but that's never been the case for me. I don't care anymore, those who choose to judge don't know me and don't deserve to. I share my story because sometimes it feels good for me to share it. I have a blog, I also share my story on my other social media sites and I've been told that they inspired people.

    Some people rather deal with things on their own and that's ok too. But for me, finding out that my cancer came back and had spread to other organs of my body has been devastating and also eye opening to me concerning alot of aspects of my life. Yeah... I can get negative, who wouldn't. But I've had messages from people who told me that I inspired them and telling me that they're happy to have me share my ups and downs about my journey because they're going through the same things and the same feelings as I am concerning this awful disease. Me sharing my story with people is and will always be in Hope's that someone out there reads it and know that they're not alone. I am also NOT unhappy.... angry? Yeah I'm angry that this is all happening to me but I still wake up and try to put a smile on my face.

    Eta: I am really happy that you're happy and decided to do what's best for you and your kids ❤

    @your_future_ex_wife I do think we need to extend more grace towards others including ourselves. I would be hesitant to post anything too personal on Facebook. Most of the time it ends up in unnecessary drama and judgement. I also have mostly friends and family on my Facebook as well. Aside from the few others which are people I have met in the past, work colleagues and relatives I’m not close to. Even so there are different things I would feel comfortable sharing with different people. I keep my inner circle small.

    @Keep_on_cardio I think that when and where people share personal information is definitely a personal opinion. I try not to judge people’s intent, as I’ve learnt that life is too complicated to be able to fully understand anyone’s situation. The reality is when you put yourself in the situation to be judged, it will happen. It doesn’t matter whether you think it’s right or wrong, people will judge others. Would the world be better if we kept our opinions to ourselves?! That’s a complicated question and with the wrong intent it is. Overall I’ve learnt and grown from talking to others about their opinions. I’m grateful for the people that have helped me grow by sharing their view, even if it was different than mine. For the most part, I believe to reserve expressing my personal struggles to a few selected people in private. Sometimes I may go outside of that trusted circle. Whether it’s because I’m seeking a different perspective or over sharing in an attempt of receiving compassion. Which isn’t always a bad thing. I’m not judging the action, especially that I’ve been guilty of the same behaviour. All I am saying is, it’s not a healthy coping mechanism and it usually leaves you feeling empty afterwards. Especially on a social media platform such as Facebook. Yes, I agree that pen and paper helps but I was always under the impression that it was written anonymously.

    @_Miss_chievous_ I’m sorry if this has happened to you. I don’t think sickness is a joke. I also feel that sharing your sickness can be an inspiration to those in need.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Why does my mother *kitten* knee hurt? It's been like this for weeks! **grumbles**
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

    The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    Social media bums most people out even if they don't realize it. We have a weird culture now. One I am not so much a fan of. I have friends posting on FB like their lives/relationships/kids are perfect when in reality they are a *kitten* show. And you know what? I love them even with a *kitten* show life. I don't know why they feel the need to pretend. It makes me sad. All the filters make me sad. When will who we REALLY are be good enough?

    100%.

    Social media has been bumming me out for decades at this point. I barely go on FB now and the only reason I have an account still is because I have family there and they aren't going to use things like Skype or aren't going to text me (different generation). Most of what friends/family post isn't terrible, but it's a lot of dumb memes or *ugh* political stuff and I end up snoozing people for half a year because of it.

    Honestly? It's the inability of people to open up and ADMIT that their life isn't all rainbows and sunshine and to be okay with that. Only curating and showcasing the highlights of your life like you're in some sort of *kitten* movie. And what's worse is that I have witnessed the shift. I've been on and around computers enough to witness how the culture went from starting drama and creating a *kitten* show of "unfortunate events" to this wholesome, Country Homes and Gardens type magazine front. And it's all just that: a facade. They aren't fooling anyone except themselves, but they feel they can't be anything else. To be otherwise is to incur judgment and spite from your peers.

    It's just.. yeesh. On the one hand, there are a lot of cool things about living in society today. On the other? There are so many negatives that I kinda just want to pack up and go be a hermit in the woods until I die.

    Absolutely. It is so weird because on one hand you have people saying "It's okay to not be okay" and encouraging mental health and all that YET you have people trying to hide from reality and putting on these masks.
    I don't go on FB much anymore because of it. I use it primarily to find out about events that I will likely never attend 🤣 But IG is the same way. How many people post the ugly stuff? Not many. The people who do are usually the type who find it impossible to find positive so they just get eye rolls anyway. I just wish people were more real. The fake ones make the real people feel incompetent or unworthy and that's so screwed up.

    The fake ones are easy to spot from a mile away. One of my biggest pet peeves is when ladies have an Instagram account with almost exclusively selfie poses in yoga pants. It reeks of self-importance & is a total eye-roller On the other hand, airing the negatives of your life serves no positive purpose on social media. But you can still be authentic without being negative.

    I disagree. Especially for younger people.... Not too long ago a very well known celebrity came out that she struggles with depression and it made a huge impact on young girls. Some people need to know they are not alone. Everyone needs to see that just because you are rich, famous and have a good relationship doesn't mean you don't have your own internal struggles.
    The whole issue with social media is it makes people feel like they are the one with a problem. If everyone they know only posts the positive stuff and vacation photos they think that those lives are perfect.
    I don't post a lot of negative crap on FB, but I don't post much to begin with. I am not talking about people posting "woe is me" but it IS okay to not be okay every minute of every day. People who are doing it just to show life isn't a fairytale, not the people who do it for a pity party.
    Anyway, just my opinion

    I stand corrected. I guess you can air some of the minuses without throwing the 'wow is me' pity party but just to be authentic.

    I don't know. I think personal stuff shouldnt be shared. Theres just some things that should stay private. Is it wrong to walk around smiling and laughing and sharing things about my kids that I love or appreciate? Do I really need to announce my recent break up...is it ok to post things that bring a smile to my face?
    Not sure if this makes sense.

    Sometimes if you accidentally post personal stuff you can go back and turn it into potatoes

    Can I render it into salsa?

    I'm for this.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    s131951 wrote: »
    Every little sound in the office is driving me crazy today. I can hear my co-worker sucking on a piece of candy, when she gulps her water, rubs her sandpapers hands together because she's cold and I can especially hear when she talks to herself and laughs at her emails.

    Seriously STFU Linda >:)

    I like how descriptive you are, specifically sandpaper hands.

    LOL I guess I'm extra descriptive so ya'll can feel my pain!!

    It works. I'm mad at Linda too.

    Stupid Ol' Linda....
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Darn it. I worked hard at understanding all the cryptic say it don’t say its and now I’ve lost it again.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Darn it. I worked hard at understanding all the cryptic say it don’t say its and now I’ve lost it again.

    word problems.... huh ?

    yeah, hate those.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That I now find myself attracted to Jean Smart, yes designing women Jean Smart. Damn you writers of Watchmen.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    That I now find myself attracted to Jean Smart, yes designing women Jean Smart. Damn you writers of Watchmen.

    Check out Frasier