WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,066 Member
    Oooo
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    SuziQ-flowers are beautiful. I worked in a greenhouse while in college but never learned anything about arranging. Just love fresh flowers.

Amber Tx -I remember my kids outgrowing shoes overnight. We didn’t buy them the “expensive” shoes until they were in high school and sizes started stabilizing.

Auntiebk- I kept the congregation meeting to 30 minutes and nothing tricky! My last congregation meeting as council president (I was doing my happy dance!) At December council meeting we elect new president.

Machka-garden looks lovely and peaceful.

BananasandOranges -23 contact hours is a huge teaching load. I have done that in the past when dependent upon adjunct pay. Good luck with that schedule.

Regarding dyslexia -there are many successful people who have this and it has not hampered their lives-keep encouraging every child to read!

Spent yesterday watching football and wrapping Christmas presents for grandkids in Arizona. I actually buy all of their presents here, wrap them, put them in boxes and pay outrageous shipping prices. I could just order on Amazon and get free shipping to their house and let parents wrap them but I believe I would miss out on part of my enjoyment. I admit, I go a bit overboard with Christmas gift giving at times (maybe due to growing up poor), but I really enjoy it. Don’t really care if I get anything. Have work gifts bagged up and ready to go. Need to work on son and DIL in Arizona so I can get boxes shipped, then son and girlfriend. Stepson and DIL have not given me list for them and their boys yet but on the whole in very good shape for Christmas this year.

Spending day off working on budget for work, been so busy lately I haven’t had time to really focus. It’s about 37 million so takes a bit of thinking. Don’t mind doing that from home—can putter around and take break when I want to.

Going to run to store to pick up a couple of basics, do pt stretches and get ironing out of the way before starting budget. Expecting our first accumulating snow later today (1-3 inches).

Have a good Monday all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Karen - Hysterical! Thanks for sharing!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Ginny - Terrible part is Velcro is best for toddlers who likes to untie every shoe in the house run 🏃 a lot. Velcro in these older kid sizes are exspensive! $17 a piece! The light up shoes y non- light ups were the same price they charge for the Velcro like it’s darn gold!!! Oh well soon enough he’ll be my shoe size in first grade will be able to tie shoes lol 😂 then I can buy cheaper ones.

Shotzz- Dyslexics can read very well with time.When us adults try to help until they get something down pact all kids naturally take it as I’m stupid you think I can’t do it. Problem is not helping them letting them continue mispronouncing a word is worse later on. At least she’s homeschooled with a good tutor. Public School offer classes for Homeschoolers like Band or a math class. Wish they did this in my day luckily they do now so can homeschool all day then go for an hour or two to public for a few classes in almost every state y school system now. Can also take city school programs for computers etc for a fee. I know a lot of homeschoolers be took chemistry at the high school everything else at home. One was in Band at middle school then homeschool rest of the day later took health classes there too.

Amber Tx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Today 1-1 1/2 slices cheese,chicken,y pineapple pizza 🍕 no extra nothing. Crystal light peach teas.
    Snack 🍎 apples maybe a few toasty cheezits 27=150 or 160 cal I only eat half that.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋☺️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    Karen-the newborn story brought back many similar memories! I had two boys so we had the dual threat.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    KAREN love the FB entries keep em coming

HEATHER you two are legends indeed

TERRI loved the poem, I'd love to be able to write.

Kate UK <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Machka - I tried to edit my post 17 minutes after I wrote it and I got the "vanilla" error. Also, for my niece, I don't know who is telling her a bad reader. She went to a private school for a couple of years and I know the kids told her she was stupid because she couldn't read well out loud. It's possibly a holdover from that.

As for my big decision, it will remain pending for a while. I am trying a few things first and if those don't work, my decision will be made for me in a way. I didn't get the hike in, but I did have lunch with some gals and spent time on my own most of the weekend. I did ride my bike a bit and that also helped, even though it required dodging giant holes and cracks in the streets.

Have a great week everyone!

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Barbara - Thank you for the advice about reading to the dog. I forwarded that to her mom and maybe she can start practicing reading to their pets.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    karen lol, clever writer!

Beautiful day today, chores and more in store.

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Tina I, too, have noticed that something is wrong with the editing feature. The vanilla code refers to administrator privileges that some MFP moderators have (we don't have those privileges). Usually that error code comes up when it's been more than an hour (too late to edit). But recently, the code comes up, or the editing attempt simply fails, even if the editing attempt is within a few minutes of having written the post. It's an MFP glitch & hopefully there will be enough complaints that MFP will fix it.

Karen in Virginia
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Kelly

Karen in Virginia

I love the Star Log. I was near tears in laughter. And, yes, what a great way to approach parenthood!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all... 'Tis a cold and breezy day, to say the least--down to 34 degrees (1C) per our thermometer up here on our mountain... and still dropping. Evidently nearly 600 flights have been cancelled in and out of O'Hare (Chicago) and they've already had one plane slide off a runway on landing (no one hurt). Snow-mageddon up north. :neutral: For us, the rain is passing fast, and just supposed to be bitter cold, just barely getting up to freezing for the next couple days, and lower at night. If I don't want to go down the mountain to the gym in the morning, I can pull out the rower...

Terri - your poem was a harbinger for me, but much more beautiful than the reality of wet leaves slapping your exposed ankle on the way to the mailbox... The poem was gorgeous.

Margaret, and everyone else who was so kind, thank you for thinking about my husband. He's a good man, and an amazing family man.

Back to my spreadsheets - truly one of my favorite things to do, extrapolating out when you've got enough data to be able to do so. Still however, putting my elbow in my new bosses throat--she wants to be in every single meeting I'm in, and it's not just not necessary, and can be actively detrimental to some. I'm still politely telling her "no," and then explaining why. She doesn't get it, but is backing off when I request it still. So far, anyway.

But spreadsheets don't try to micromanage me... might be why I like them so much.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited November 2019
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    NSV ~ Not much, but, for the first time in 2 or 3 years, I walked the Pom a mile today! :) Thank the Lord for healing through knee surgery.

It is A LOT, Carol! Well done!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,066 Member
    Stats for the day

Lateral machine- 43min, random setting, lvl5, 2-8resist, 113ahr, 141mhr, 4.78mi= 331c
    Apple Watch- 265c
    Manual treadmill- 51.58min, 16.45min mi, 126ahr, 151mhr, 5k= 271c
    Apple Watch- 431c
    Arm dip assist- 4.28min, 121ahr, 145mhr, 70# assist, 3sts of 10ea+ 1 floor exer= 50c
    Apple Watch- 50c
    Outside walk with yogi- 1hr, 54min, 1sec, 109mhr, 6.18mi= didn’t record right
    Apple Watch- 622c

Total cal 1434