WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Pip- careful so as not to aggravate it farther sounds like you bruised it to the bone ouch!
    Can do Vaseline later y ice it then.

JR finally ate spaghetti!!! Chicken 6Xs so far. Think Dr right he’s a late bloomer on foods. Asked for More spaghetti !

Amber Tx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    LilyLady - Thank you for the resources! Those should be really helpful.

I took 6ish years of French in high school and university. However, being from smack in the middle of the country, there weren’t people to converse with regularly and I didn’t travel internationally until I was in my 30s. I have a French friend now and I can pick things up, but being fluent is just not gonna happen now.

I took about a year or more worth of German classes at a community college when I started dating the Mister. He is German and we were visiting Germany about every other year. When his mother passed, I spent a month in Germany and immersion helped a lot. However, we don’t speak German at home (he’s fully integrated into the US now) and I don’t go back to Germany as often as I used to. Plus, all his friends want to speak English when we visit. They make it too easy for me.

Now, I live in Southern California where I can walk out the door right now and converse in Spanish with the charity pickup guys, if I want to. We also started going to Spanish speaking countries more these days, since the mister isn’t feeling it necessary to visit his family so often in Europe. Hence my desire to speak Spanish, at least conversationally.

So far, I'm meeting my goal of running at least 10 miles per week. That said, it's only week 2 of the year. LOL. The mister is sick, so I am hoping he doesn't gift it to me and screw up my streak.

Tina in CA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    This Friday buying a ham hock too!💖. So celery, carrots and onion too huh. 💖
    Rebecca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    I love black licorice but not sure about salted licorice. I don’t care for salted chocolates so I’m not sure about salted licorice

Now to go back outside and finish taking in the Christmas decorations. After today, they should be all taken down. Next will be working on getting the indoor decorations down.

But it's supposed to be cold and rain next week so we won't feel bad working in the house.

Just got back from the Green Room

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: Thank for loving me even though I dislike black licorice and split pea soup. :wink:

Rori: I hope the bone density test results are good, too. They’ll send the results to my doctor, and I’ll get them from her. My opinion/wish is that they will turn out to be good. :smiley: I am so sorry that you’re juggling so many problems right now, I hope that your DH finds a friend in one of the adult day care locations near you and is wiling & happy for the social opportunities. :heart: Thanks for your good wishes on the bone scan. I’ll have to call my doctor to get the results. They wouldn’t tell me. :grumble:

Evie 1958: I’m happy that you went to the gym and hope it turns out to be a place you enjoy. :star:

Michele: I agree that claiming you can go to any gym is disappointing when you discover it isn’t true. I do know that all gyms do not necessarily accept every insurance that is out there. I feel as though I have a choice, and so do the owners of the gym. If you’re willing to pay cash for every visit, they’ll all welcome you with open arms, but if you’re getting the gym as part of your insurance benefits they may like some companies better than others. My DSIL and her husband are using Silver Sneakers. I use a policy through my retirement system that allows me to go to a nearby gym of my choice.

Meg: I love your posts even when they are on the short side. :wink:

Annie: I have my gym locker combination on my phone so that I can use it if needed. I haven’t needed it in a while, but it is nice to have a back-up plan. That wouldn’t work out so well if I locked my phone in the locker. I can also go to the desk of the athletic club and get the combination from them. My goal is to use my own memory, every time. :smiley:

I spent this morning at the Department of Motor Vehicles on an errand for my son & DDIL. They’ve just bought a new to them vehicle and need a license plate. I got it done and have already mailed the new plates to he and DDIL. they should arrive in a couple of days. Meanwhile, the vehicle has to sit until the plates arrive If I understand things correctly.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    😊
    Debby in Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Flea- rosemary oil in a spray bottle of water spritz 1-2xs a day on your head .Peri made my hair y eyebrows fall out in clumps so Gal from India told me that’s what they use. Bam it grew back had a few balding friends try it too even a guy .We all grew some to all hair back with it. Worth a try if it doesn’t you’ll at least get some luster to it. Google Rosemary oil for hair growth it pops up as a remedy.

Rebecca- That explains it picky eatings a boy thing! Here’s hoping he’ll try it again

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Female Hair Loss/Baldness:

Flea, hair obsessed
    Willamette Valley, OR

Hi Flea!
    My father's mother had female pattern baldness, but as you can tell from my last post I am not big on my hair. It's nice now, if it falls out so be it. It was meant to be. I still get highlights every 3 months or so and it actually appears to grow faster afterwards. It seems healthy even though I wash it every day. I do not part it the same every day. I typically let it part where ever it wants to.

Do not use your husband's baldness shampoo. There is only one product approved for females and it's Minoxidil (Rogaine).

May I ask - are you losing your hair? If not why are you worrying? :blush: You would still be a beautiful person with or without it.
    SuziQ

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Flea, hair obsessed
    Willamette Valley, OR

Hi Flea!
    My father's mother had female pattern baldness, but as you can tell from my last post I am not big on my hair. It's nice now, if it falls out so be it. It was meant to be. I still get highlights every 3 months or so and it actually appears to grow faster afterwards. It seems healthy even though I wash it every day. I do not part it the same every day. I typically let it part where ever it wants to.

Do not use your husband's baldness shampoo. There is only one product approved for females and it's Minoxidil (Rogaine).

May I ask - are you losing your hair? If not why are you worrying? :blush: You would still be a beautiful person with or without it.
    SuziQ

I think it is Rogaine, but I will double check when I get home.

My hair is thinner than it used to be, it seems. But when I was younger, we thinned it, routinely, because I had a lot of hair. It is a little bit of an irrational fear, like the fear I used to have about my teeth falling out, but because it does happen, and to most women, from what I've observed, as they get older, I worry.

My husband would definitely NOT find baldness in me beautiful. I would have to do something. Of that I am certain.

PS -- and I think your hair looks amazing!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Flea, hair obsessed
    Willamette Valley, OR

Hi Flea!

SuziQ

I think it is Rogaine, but I will double check when I get home.

My hair is thinner than it used to be, it seems. But when I was younger, we thinned it, routinely, because I had a lot of hair. It is a little bit of an irrational fear, like the fear I used to have about my teeth falling out, but because it does happen, and to most women, from what I've observed, as they get older, I worry.

My husband would definitely NOT find baldness in me beautiful. I would have to do something. Of that I am certain.

PS -- and I think your hair looks amazing!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

I think a visit to a dermatologist would be beneficial to you and you may find some ideas/suggestions from him/her. Especially if you are not OK with it.

That said - I am tough one. If my next partner in crime did not find me beautiful no matter what was going on with me .... they would not have to worry about it as they would find their belongings out front and the locks changed. My DH spoiled me in the love and affection area......miss him all of the time.

And, thank you. It is thinner than it was in my 20s, but I rather have the wisdom and experiences I have today than my hair. I do have a great hair magician and have been going to him for almost 25 years. He is particularly good with super straight hair. This recent cut was done entirely with a razor blade - no scissors. :smile:

There is quite a bit of information online for both natural and medicinal treatments. But again, I would suggest a dermo visit. That way you would find out if it's normal thinning or not.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I take biotin for my hair and nails. My hair is long enough to tickle my elbows. It's still on the thin side but it always has been. I put henna on it every six weeks or so. My nails grow naturally long and strong with the Biotin and calcium and fish oil.

Annie in Delaware