WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Michelle - The convection function turns on the fan and circulates the air in the oven, theoretically giving you a more even bake/cook. As Carol said, you have to adjust the time/temp for the convect cooking, typically you convect bake at a lower temp and often for less time. Like Carol - I almost exclusively use the convect function.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️💓❤️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Definitely need the boot 🥾 I’m struggling to get back where I was before Daughter visit. Sore from removing tree. Tried to walk some then Hubby came home I’m cooking a lot for him. He’s off track too! I need to get my walking routine where it was. Eating I’m close to goal or if go over it’s not anything bad since my foods getting back to normal. Christmas is all down some still on garage to put away. Just motivation going down when I want it up. No rubber band exercise today hurt back moving tree with hubby . Need to walk enough.

Drank Water with 2 toast light mayo 4oz steak 🥩 in between with tons of lettuce y spinach leaves 3 servings with it. Hubby grocery shopped this morning. Tonight steak 4oz in lettuce y spinach with Walden 0cal dressing.

Amber Tx

CW 149.2 holding there need it to go down to 147 where it was
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Pip: I hope you heal well and quickly from your ‘‘war wound.” :flowerforyou:

(((Kylia))): I hope that today is better than yesterday. :heart:

Heather: We have housecleaners every other week. We are at home when they are here doing their work. Our favorite house cleaner was wonderful and she had her own house key. She retired from cleaning and we took the key back. We haven’t had the level of trust to give anyone else a key so far. :star:

Okie: We always have a good supply of TP on hand as well. Each bathroom is well stocked. :smiley:

Lanette: Have you tried stevia as sweetener for your coffee? I’ve been using it for ages. I like stevia clear best and buy at Fred Meyers. It sweetens but doesn’t taste the same as sugar. No calories. There are no artificial sweeteners in the Stevia, either. It comes in a liquid dropper bottle or paper packets for individual servings. It is great for coffee or tea, but I wouldn't use it to replace sugar in baking. :noway:

Amber: We have loads of Christmas boxes that are in the garage and need to be moved to the attic. :embarassed:

We’ve had lots of rain and the river is deeper than it has been in months. Since we at a low altitude, we’ve had no snow at all so far this year. There has only been a day or two when there was frost on the lawn.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    just woke up, I think I need help getting the boot on....:0/

gonna take the day off of working out... WHAT???? ME NO WORKOUT?????? gotta do some stuff round the house
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lanette - the cleaner seemed nice and her English wasn't too bad. She works every day and does long hours! :o I asked her if it was too much, but she said it's what she came over here to do. Must keep her fit! I tried out the new vacuum cleaner and it seems fine.
    She's going to do an initial deep clean next Friday morning for three hours and then every other Saturday for two hours. :D Hope it works out. We have a lot of staying visitors and I like the house to be spotless when they come. I use the guest bathroom, and sometimes one of the beds, so that always needs refreshing. And, as you know, I like to put on a good food show! Don't want to resent my guests for putting me through a lot of work. Our next overnight guests are for Burns Night.
    DH has ordered another single malt whisky. We already have three and our guests are bringing one. Lots of choice!

AF today for me. AF red wine. I have just made some pesto from scratch with my windowsill basil and will be using the leftover ham from the soup. Olives, scallions, sundried tomatoes. Tagliatelli. Green beans for a veg. Parmesan.
    I made enough pesto to freeze a batch.

Making yoghurt tonight.

It's my Norwegian detective series tonight. :-)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    Machka - I was going to comment on the Hoka shoe photo you posted a couple days ago. I have those exact ones, same color and everything. Wasn't too tickled with them to begin with as I was looking for something more waterproof, but I've sprayed them with the waterproofing spray which does an OK job as long as it's not raining and I don't splash through puddles. Wet pavement, no problem. The orthotics fit fine in them. Yes, quite expensive over here as well so hope these hold up for a long time.

Katla - I never use sweetener in my coffee or tea, just milk in the coffee sometimes. The "clean fasters" will say to avoid anything sweet tasting while in the "fasting" window, even the no or low cal sweeteners like stevia. They claim it's the taste, not calorie content that triggers insulin response. And it's OK to use sugar during the eating window since this isn't necessarily calorie counting unless a person wants it to be. But not necessary. I'm not calorie counting, other than to track macros as a point of interest, and haven't "counted calories" in a long time.

Snow should be arriving here on Monday, maybe not a lot but cold nights into the 20's so slick, slick roads. I plan on staying home all week :) Don't want to pull a Pip! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did a bodyflow (yoga) DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to go on the recumbent bike

Made yogurt in the IP last night, then drained it overnight. Now have applesauce in the IP. Plan to make soup later and make a cake for Vince Update: it wound up being brownies because that’s the mix I took out of the pantry.

Bananas – NO, we absolutely don’t want you to go! “Get the boot out” is an expression we use here. See, if someone is above calories consistently or doesn’t exercise, then pip sends a virtual “kick in the pants” to get them back in shape. It’s really more of a joke.

I know I made a goal of doing yoga at least once/week. I would like to add that it’ll be yoga or pilates. Both work on balance and flexibility, which I certainly can use

NYKaren – I always used to tell the kids “the only stupid question is the question that isn’t asked."

Heather – Many times you get what you pay for

Michele NC
  • exermom
    Options
    Lynette - what is the percentage of what the dental insurance will pay?

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Michele NC - I have the Aetna Vital Savings dental plan. It’s basically $75/year and for dentists in the network, I get really good rates. I think they are better than insurance because the dental office doesn’t have to deal with the insurance companies. It’s not insurance, it’s basically a year long coupon.

Okie and Carol - I also have convection on my oven that I haven’t used. Basically that is just because I don’t know how. So, thanks for those tips. I’ll give it a try.

Just bought new running shoes. Of course no brick and mortar has the ones I want in stock. So, I ordered them. Should be here Tuesday.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Well I had a faboo time today....
    went withmy friend Carin and her hubby Ray , and our friends Jim and Gail were getting there rescue dog today, so Carin and I helped give the medical forms to the adopters and they as they were getting there dogs...oh such cutie pies, and after they were all gone we walked a few of the other ones that were going to the next stop..
    we were kind of mad at the rescue groups who sweep in and get there medical charts and push people out of the way to get there dogs.. some of these people should have there moment with getting there pup and getting picture taken before the vultures flow in..
    after that we went to lunch and I came home.. I paid my credit card bills and sent my money to the government , ever quarter because I collect alimony.. oh well. that is done..having some maple ginger tea, and will try and start organizing my stuff for the trip :D
  • exermom
    Options
    Have a question for all crocheters:

I'm not sure how to do this. The previous row was ch1, skip next st, dc in next st, all the way across. Now for the next row.

It says to dec over next ch 1 space, dc and ch1 space.

How do you do that? Is it YO, pull up loop in next ch 1 space (so there are 3 loops on hook), then pull up loop in dc (so there are 4 loops on the hook), then pull up loop in ch1 space (so there are 5 loops on the hook),

Then what? do you pull a loop thru 2 loops and then thru the remaining 3? That for some reason doesn't seem right but then again, that would make it at the same height.

Michele NC