WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Heather,

Tom and his friend appear to be having too much fun going through the German ration pack. Who would have thought there would be Ration Pack Food Critics! :smiley:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊♥️🤗
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Heather- lol I wasnt to productive except for laundry today.. I watched all sorts of YouTube videos of Machu Picchu in febuary.. only thing I'm really worried about are the heights.. and no it will bottled water all the way.. no cocktails except maybe on the plane first class 😃
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    ----
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Regarding Shingles Vaccinations - apparently they used to tell people that if they've had chicken pox or shingles once, they were immune. They've changed that as they've learned more. Apparently if you've had chicken pox, you're at risk of developing shingles and if you've had shingles you can get it again. It's a virus that remains in your system for life.

https://www.healthline.com/health/shingles-recurrence#risk-factors

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/transcripts/2747_shingles-facts-and-myths

Regarding Menopause - They say: "Menopause is the point when a woman no longer has menstrual periods for at least 12 months."

In 2017, I started skipping periods and in 2018, I went 4 months without, then started again every 3 weeks or so for a while, then went 3 months, then back at it again every 3 weeks or so, and now I've gone 6 months. I just want it to end already!! I'll be 53 in a couple months!! And I've been perimenopausal for a decade now. :neutral:

https://www.menopause.org/for-women/menopauseflashes/menopause-symptoms-and-treatments/are-we-there-yet-navigate-now-with-our-guided-menopause-tour

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15224-menopause-perimenopause-and-postmenopause

Regarding Hair Colour - I attend classes at uni where 99% of the students are from Asia, so perhaps the darker colour makes me blend in more. Plus I think when I've got a lot of blonde, it makes me look a bit older. I am toying with the idea of putting in a few highlights, but I'm not sure.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Tttiiiiii
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka- Your making me miss Menopause y Post Menopause again. I miss no periods at all for years. Now I flood a lagoon need a pontoon!

Made homemade orange juice so tired 3QT worth from over 40 oranges squeezed. Exhausted 😩 poured a glass XL tall one for hubby y one large for me so only 1QT left lol 😂. But worth it healthy less calories great taste.

JR trying to convince me that he needs medication because he hurt his butt butt on a toy lol 😂. He’s wanting desitin butt creams for it . Dancing 🕺 to music while he asks lol. He’s going to be my glee club or acting classes in school kid.I’ll get to sit through long very long Drama class productions again. Watch kids who look sound bored reading lines sighing along as they read it. Lol JR will be that kid who over sells his lines. I’m not the sports mom anyways lol 😂 Sat through enough chess ♟ team tournaments to prove that! Drama club! JROTC! Computer competitions! Etc etc. Even sitting in the car waiting for hours as rehearsal goes over all the time. At least it will be a few years from now.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    New Karen - Hi star ⭐️ at top right lets you find it again
  • Machka9
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hey Sue, I have gotten both Shringrix shots. The first one left my arm red, hot, swollen for 2 1/2 wks. Hurt like heck when I’d forget while in shower. Got second shot, no issues at all.

Btw, this is my first post. I’m Karen in GA, by way of NJ, but born and raised on Staten Island, NY.

I just found this community. I may never find it again. Came across it looking for tips on using MFP.

Just started Monday, 1/6/2020. Lost 4 lbs. today went with another couple to an all u can eat sushi place. They charge if u leave the rice, and just eat the sashimi, when it’s nigiri they give u. Blew my carbs out of the water.

The program (MFP) and I chose lowish carbs - 38%. Ive done Atkins when I was younger, and hated the way I felt during induction. Anything less i eat now is better than the way I’ve been eating!

Today I hit 159 grams. Guess all that rice added up!

I’ll be 65 on the 28th. I am now cutting myself slack. If I’m reading a good book, and I’m not working, I may not get off the bed! I have a bad back. Laying on my side with a pillow between my legs is sooo comfortable. But the bed has to be made. I can’t be under the sheets! Can pull coverlet up, but that’s it. Weird, I know!

My mantra for the new decade and my big BD, is not to sweat the small stuff, if I fail today, maybe I’ll do better tomorrow, if not, I’ll try for the day after that! Today’s epic fail would have had me quitting the diet in the past, and running for my wine! That’s the only thing I miss, my savignon blanc. But with all the water I’m drinking, I’ll get over it!

Sorry y’all if this is TMI and in the wrong place!

Welcome here @karencpnp795 ... if you click the star off to the right, above the search magnifying glass (which will be blank for you right now) and turn it yellow (like in the image below), you'll find this place again. :)

wexm1e8p5o5x.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Machka: I really like the auburn color on you. I used to color my hair which is about 8 inches shorter than yours. Kudos to you for being able to do this task on your own. I always found it a PIA, so now I'm just a sassy salt and peppa gal.

Rori
    Living in the power of NOW
    Colorado Foothills

:)

I do it over two days.

I divide my hair in two. On Day 1 I do the dark, dark brown underneath. On Day 2 I do the redder colour on top. It takes about half an hour each day for prep work and doing it, then an hour to set.

And I do it about once a year ... in the middle of the year I use a new product I've discovered (whether I've just newly discovered it or whether it is new, I'm not sure) that is for roots. I get the medium auburn and just do my roots.

https://www.clairol.com/en-AU/products/hair-color/product/root-touch-up?shadeSKU=4056800252084

6aqvb8s3f0ly.png

M in Oz