WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Terri Wonderful 2020 goals.

NYKAREN I would love to hear the story of your birthday elopement. How fun & special!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    I visited my website in progress (not active yet) this morning when I woke up early. Failed to do anything at all. :/ Then I researched a few other writer's sites to see what was on there. No idea what to put on there. Then I realised I didn't have enough info and pics to hand. So I am going to dig out my old cv. I also trawled through some pics and created a file for possible ones to use. I have more to look at, but at least I've made a start. So I am in research mode.
    I really only want it so people and media can get in touch with me. There is an email forwarding service on it.
    Baby steps.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I've had my website since 2002 so I have heaps of content. I'm in the process of switching it all over to Wordpress and into a nice, easily accessible format.

But some advice I've been given in the Wordpress meetings I've attended is this ...

If you are going to have a site on, say, travel ... there are much, much bigger sites than yours which will have cornered that market and when people do a search on travel, yours will appear on page 47 and hardly anyone will see it. If you are going to get closer to the top of the searches, you've got to be unique in some way. So your focus might be cruise travel ... but even that won't be unique enough, so maybe cruise travel for people over 70 in northern Europe. What I'm saying is that whatever your topic is, try to bring a unique spin to it.

You might also consider doing some blogging on your site's topic. Create your main page(s) and then create blogs as posts ... if that is how your software is set up. You don't have to go crazy with the blogging, but a blog post once in a while on a topic related to your main topic can indicate that you're current and that this is an active site.

Good luck!

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Machka - the site is just about me, with my name as the domain, so that media etc can get in touch with me if they want me to give a talk, write an article, do a podcast. Because I no longer have a normal publisher there is no contact point for me. I'm not intending to blog or anything, although I guess you never know! It will basically be a cv and description of what I can offer with some photos. The most important thing for me is that they forward emails to my Inbox. If someone has read my memoir and wants to contact me I can put the website on my Author Page on Amazon.
    I would like to put a few old photos on there to supplement the memoirs. People can link to there from the books. It's easier than putting photos into the books.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    7u10g427bbw7.jpeg
  • Metchosinite
    Metchosinite Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get through yesterday within my calorie limit. Got on the scale this morning and I am down another .6 pounds. So I have lost 4.6 pounds since last week. I imagine it will slow down soon. I don’t want to lose too fast.
    Not too bad hunger wise. When I start to get hungry around 3 pm I drink 3 cups of water. It seems to stem the hunger.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbara- Add when kids occupied making a mess with blocks to hubby sleeping yes can get everything done lol 😂.

Somehow found a pair of sz4 boys pants in the closet 2 of them hiding from the hive away bag! Couldn’t fit him if we tried everyone says how small is pants are if a pair accidentally gets put on. I still need to root through the summer clothes once summer hits. Getting JR to try in clothes is a fight I’m not ready for so I wait until the season try on a few find what fits get rid of what’s smaller than that as I go. Then 1 mass clean out here y there to root them all out if can.

CW 149.2 fluctuations ranging from 147-149.2 per day . Hoping to zoom down soon.

Looking forward to the last glass of orange juice I made from my tree. So sweet natural nothing added can’t beat it. A nice boost to root out any bugs trying to attack the immune system.

JRs willing to try new foods now! Yesterday he tried an orange slice,sliced cheese (used to have to be shredded or no go,y spaghetti ,
    Sugarfree ice cream. Finally he’s realizing the same food every day isn’t exciting for anyone. Lol 😂 hopefully his taste buds can grow now.Helped seeing sister eating foods saying NO I’m Mommy’s baby! Lol 😂 she knows how to goat him on siblings always do.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, It has long been my belief that "you can the boy out of junior high, but you can never take junior high out of the boy".

:)Allie, I can hear your joy as you write about the preparations for your trip. I traveled internationally in my 20's and in the US until about five years ago. Now I am content to stay home. I hope you'll enjoy every minute of your adventure.

:) snow on the ground this morning.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    terri love your 20 for 20 goals

Rori a day to oneself is a gift for sure. I am a big fan of soft-yellow paint color for bathroom. In another year or two we will have to repaint and I will be looking for that kind of yellow-our current yellow isnt quite right-some kind of green undertone I think.

This month we also will mark our 23rd wedding anniversary and my 58th b-day DH turns 57–we share a birthday and got married on that same day! Eloped to city hall — <3

NYKAREN

I painted our basement Daylight by Shewin Williams and love it! It is a soft yellow I do not notice any green undertones. I did use the low votive version because there is no air flow there and hard to open windows. I did have to use more because of using the low votive. I think a roller would have given me better coverage too. It really brightened up our basement. In that section of the basement there are no windows so it needy a cheery color.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    KarenVA I can't say our elopement was romantic, we had the license already so we knew we were going to get married, we just looked at each other and said why not do it on our Birthday?! So we headed out after both working that morning, city hall is a short walk from our house and we got hitched! Still felt pretty nervous and serious while the judge was speaking, my hands were shaking when we exchanged the vows, and hey I guess it STUCK cause we're still together for a total of 30 years-married 23. We did throw a party in the spring with family and friends but we just arent the type to have a lot of fuss or ritual. The good thing is we can never forget the date cause it's on our birthday, don't even exchange gifts, we're pretty low key! We may go out to dinner to celebrate and on our 25th we want to take a special trip, but we'll see how that shakes out.

NYKAREN