Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• sardelsasardelsa Member Posts: 9,185 Member Member Posts: 9,185 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting

Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

SAME! Love WHIPPED butter on pancakes. Makes a difference! With warm berries... yum! I'll pass on the maple syrup though. THAT is a wastye of calories imo

Ohh see I love syrup too. Whipped butter or cream, berries, syrup. Yum. I have calories coming out of my ears so load er up ;)
  • gremloBBPTgremloBBPT Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks @kshama2001. I've actually never read that classic! I love cooking and learning about food, so I'll definitely check it out.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,344 Member Member Posts: 10,344 Member
    I love most Vietnamese food, but I think pho is usually kind of nasty and VERY overrated.
  • singingfluteladysingingflutelady Member Posts: 8,691 Member Member Posts: 8,691 Member
    I'm not a fan of cakes but love black forest cake. It's probably because I love cherries.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,344 Member Member Posts: 10,344 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Not disgusting, IMO, but entirely pointless--adds nothing, and therefore a waste of cals.

I'm definitely on this team.

I guess I fall somewhere in between Nooshi and lemurcat though because I think it takes the pancakes down a notch from being perfectly delicious, but doesn't ruin them. Definitely a big waste of calories.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,375 Member Member Posts: 3,375 Member

Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

SAME! Love WHIPPED butter on pancakes. Makes a difference! With warm berries... yum! I'll pass on the maple syrup though. THAT is a wastye of calories imo

Ohh see I love syrup too. Whipped butter or cream, berries, syrup. Yum. I have calories coming out of my ears so load er up ;)

mrivbsf9hqxb.jpg
    o98ofr19voiw.jpg
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,375 Member Member Posts: 3,375 Member
    While we are on the topic... crepes > pancakes
  • CupcakeCrusoeCupcakeCrusoe Member Posts: 752 Member Member Posts: 752 Member

THIS is the train I'm on. With lemon juice and powdered sugar.

THIS is the train I'm on. With lemon juice and powdered sugar.

and NOT nutella!!!
  • amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Member Posts: 10,132 Member Member Posts: 10,132 Member

10000% agree, especially the ones my mom makes. Pancakes are a take it or leave it for me. I've had them maybe 10 times in my entire life because I usually find myself opting for something else.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,467 Member Member Posts: 1,467 Member

Maybe you should change your user name....?

Maybe you should change your user name....?

Ha! "creperunner" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

10000% agree, especially the ones my mom makes. Pancakes are a take it or leave it for me. I've had them maybe 10 times in my entire life because I usually find myself opting for something else.

I still really like pancakes... made with buttermilk and lemon juice... extra fluffy. With fresh blueberry compote. Reminds me of childhood.
    @pancakerunner that looks delish :)

I love crepes and pancakes. Oh and French toast. I love it all. (Can you tell I love food? :p )

I don't love beets, chestnuts, liver, pumpkin pie or strong smelly cheeses. But I will eat them occasionally depending on my mood and how they are prepared.
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 802 Member Member Posts: 802 Member

I will take either one!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,252 Member Member Posts: 6,252 Member
    No to butter (especially the whipped variety) on pancakes. That goes for maple syrup/jam/honey, etc., too...I just like them plain - weird I guess lol!

However I don't 'mind' some butter on a biscuit...I like them plain for sure though (scones too)

r53yrsf80clo.png
    This one looks yummo! I love cakes with various 'textures' ie. that is why carrot cake is the 🐐
  • nooshi713nooshi713 Member Posts: 4,089 Member Member Posts: 4,089 Member

Whipped cream, YES! Butter......no.

When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.

When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.

Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,252 Member Member Posts: 6,252 Member

Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.

now I think I know where the ick factor came from with regards to whipped butter or butter in general on pancakes/biscuits etc., I probably did the same thing (eating that 'blob' straight up) as a kid...lol!