Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• nooshi713nooshi713 Posts: 4,007Member Member Posts: 4,007Member Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting

Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

Whipped cream, YES! Butter......no.

When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,932Member Member Posts: 8,932Member Member

Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.

Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,734Member Member Posts: 5,734Member Member

Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.

now I think I know where the ick factor came from with regards to whipped butter or butter in general on pancakes/biscuits etc., I probably did the same thing (eating that 'blob' straight up) as a kid...lol!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,421Member Member Posts: 8,421Member Member
    I love organ meats with liver and heart leading the race :)
  • Nanaluvs2sweatNanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97Member Member Posts: 97Member Member
    I think dill pickles are gross
  • ButtermelloButtermello Posts: 85Member Member Posts: 85Member Member
    I think dill pickles are gross

What?! That's....thats.....omg.
  • Cordy1228Cordy1228 Posts: 242Member Member Posts: 242Member Member
    I don't do anything with cilantro or cumin. Cilantro tastes like soap and cumin tastes like feet.
  • BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,035Member Member Posts: 1,035Member Member
    Beer is disgusting. I have tried craft ones, “good ones”, all kinds. All are gross to me. The maltiness is what is bad.

ALL beer just tastes like dish washing liquid to me. Soapy!

Oddly I love Coriander (Cilantro) which is supposed to taste soapy to some genetically challenged people! 🤷‍♀️
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 10,344Member Member Posts: 10,344Member Member
    Those crepes all look phenomenal!
  • amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Posts: 9,998Member Member Posts: 9,998Member Member
    Those crepes all look phenomenal!

They are! She made 20 or so of each type, plus cake, pie, and 2 of my favorite meals (stuffed zucchini and borscht). She took a day off today just to cook me stuff. I logged 4k calories for today just for the record, didn't really log individual foods.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 2,798Member Member Posts: 2,798Member Member
    now i want lefse.... with butter and sugar
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 2,798Member Member Posts: 2,798Member Member
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,142Member Member Posts: 14,142Member Member
    Oh, man: I haven't had lefsa in decades. Want!

No sugar, though. Maybe butter, maybe good jam.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Norway/comments/3tv1fv/what_do_you_put_on_your_lefse/
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,142Member Member Posts: 14,142Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Norway/comments/3tv1fv/what_do_you_put_on_your_lefse/

Don't care what other people put on 'em, but know what I like. And eating granulated sugar in its plain form, like sprinkled on lefse, is not a thing I like.

As always with these things: More for you, eh? :)
  • NJCJFNJCJF Posts: 133Member Member Posts: 133Member Member
    Alfredo sauce is too thick and heavy, gross.

Most cakes and cupcakes are way too sweet.

Oreos are blah.

Eggnog is disgusting.

Yes,yes,yes and... yes
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Posts: 468Member, Premium Member Posts: 468Member, Premium Member
    Kiwis are the devil's work. There... I said what I said.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,421Member Member Posts: 8,421Member Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Kiwis are the devil's work. There... I said what I said.

The nation or the fruit?
  • JaxxieKatJaxxieKat Posts: 403Member Member Posts: 403Member Member
    Food is neutral. There are no moral or immoral foods. No clean or dirty. No good or bad.