What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

18485878990214

Replies

  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,826 Member
    @pancakerunner that looks delish :)

    I love crepes and pancakes. Oh and French toast. I love it all. (Can you tell I love food? :p )

    I don't love beets, chestnuts, liver, pumpkin pie or strong smelly cheeses. But I will eat them occasionally depending on my mood and how they are prepared.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    While we are on the topic... crepes > pancakes

    I will take either one!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 11,264 Member
    No to butter (especially the whipped variety) on pancakes. That goes for maple syrup/jam/honey, etc., too...I just like them plain - weird I guess lol!

    However I don't 'mind' some butter on a biscuit...I like them plain for sure though (scones too)

    r53yrsf80clo.png
    This one looks yummo! I love cakes with various 'textures' ie. that is why carrot cake is the 🐐
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,770 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting

    Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

    Whipped cream, YES! Butter......no.

    When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,826 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting

    Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

    Whipped cream, YES! Butter......no.

    When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.

    Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

    But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 11,264 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Butter on pancakes is disgusting

    Omg I love butter and whipped cream on pancakes! They taste so much better. Worth the cals everytime :)

    Whipped cream, YES! Butter......no.

    When I was a kid, I went to a restaurant and thought that blob of butter was whipped cream so ate it and was disgusted. Butter, by itself? Yuck. I actually never saw the appeal of butter on bread, pancakes, or anything else. It doesn’t enhance the flavor at all, imo. Whipped cream makes everything better.

    Yea a blob of butter might be too much. I love when it's melted into the bread or pancakes. It gives it a pleasurable fatty taste and texture like adding fresh oil to salad or on top of pasta or risotto.

    But whipped cream especially fresh oh yea deeelish.

    now I think I know where the ick factor came from with regards to whipped butter or butter in general on pancakes/biscuits etc., I probably did the same thing (eating that 'blob' straight up) as a kid...lol!
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I think dill pickles are gross
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    I think dill pickles are gross

    What?! That's....thats.....omg.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    I don't do anything with cilantro or cumin. Cilantro tastes like soap and cumin tastes like feet.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,754 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Beer is disgusting. I have tried craft ones, “good ones”, all kinds. All are gross to me. The maltiness is what is bad.

    ALL beer just tastes like dish washing liquid to me. Soapy!

    Oddly I love Coriander (Cilantro) which is supposed to taste soapy to some genetically challenged people! 🤷‍♀️
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,743 Member
    Those crepes all look phenomenal!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,331 Member
    Those crepes all look phenomenal!

    They are! She made 20 or so of each type, plus cake, pie, and 2 of my favorite meals (stuffed zucchini and borscht). She took a day off today just to cook me stuff. I logged 4k calories for today just for the record, didn't really log individual foods.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,092 Member
    now i want lefse.... with butter and sugar
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,092 Member
    a1cvt2mcxuy4.jpeg
    q6lldbj0wg4r.jpg
    s4mtzcvu1bi4.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 22,899 Member
    Oh, man: I haven't had lefsa in decades. Want!

    No sugar, though. Maybe butter, maybe good jam.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,092 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Oh, man: I haven't had lefsa in decades. Want!

    No sugar, though. Maybe butter, maybe good jam.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Norway/comments/3tv1fv/what_do_you_put_on_your_lefse/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 22,899 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Oh, man: I haven't had lefsa in decades. Want!

    No sugar, though. Maybe butter, maybe good jam.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Norway/comments/3tv1fv/what_do_you_put_on_your_lefse/

    Don't care what other people put on 'em, but know what I like. And eating granulated sugar in its plain form, like sprinkled on lefse, is not a thing I like.

    As always with these things: More for you, eh? :)
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Alfredo sauce is too thick and heavy, gross.

    Most cakes and cupcakes are way too sweet.

    Oreos are blah.

    Eggnog is disgusting.

    Yes,yes,yes and... yes