WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2020

Coronavirus is in every country now every state in the USA,Canada,etc so its just waiting for the panic to subside so they don’t haul us off in hazmat suits like it’s zombie
    🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ virus 🦠

Amber Tx

Poor parents are having schools closed in Washington now their jobs (minimum wage or less $3.25-$7.25 an hour) are saying come or your fired ,but a babysitter is more than their paycheck ($10 an hour) it’s illegal to leave them home alone even with an older sibling unless their above the age of 15 or 16yrs old an adult . Single Parents it’s even harder hands are tied what do you do situations if theirs no one who can help.
    Hopefully this nonsense will end soon for the whole world 🌎 🌍 .

Amber - Where did you get the information that covid -19 is in every state in the US? I’m not seeing that statistic and would like to read the reports.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Good morning, ladies! Friday at last.

SuziQ - hearing about that conversion at work brings back memories, lol. When you do retire, I wonder if you'll miss that? Just the thrill of getting it all working, like birthing a baby.

Lanette
    Chilly and rainy SW WA State

Not sure about birthing babies (I am childless) but definitely get the comparison. I will not know until I get there. It's funny how our waking thoughts/dreams can be very different than our realities. I am hoping health continues to hold and I will be able to fulfill my dreams of traveling the country and being thrilled by standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon, feeling the geyser spray at Yellowstone, watching the stars rise over Saguaro National Park, etc..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited March 2020
    Went out to the supermarket. It's business as usual. The only thing that was out of stock was the generic paracetamol. Plenty of everything else. People sitting outside cafes chatting over a cup of coffee in the sunshine. B)
    Also called in at the little South Sudanese shop. They are Coptic Christians. Their shop is a cornucopia of delights. I bought tahini and a jar of roasted eggplant for making babaganoush. Plus some darling little pale green zucchini. And some frozen artichoke hearts. I use those for a lovely Greek Cypriot dish I used to have in a restaurant in London - broad beans in a garlicky tomato sauce on a bed of artichoke hearts. Divine! :D
    I did wash my hands when I first came in and again once I had unpacked. ;)

I have been pining for some hummus. Normally I don't buy it because I can't resist it. I bought the smallest pot and came home and ate it with a spoon. :D<3 I hope I am cured now for a while. Cost me 400 calories. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ - This cruise was because we wanted to get a last one in on the old ship, Saga Sapphire, before it goes into retirement. The Douro cruise in October is for his birthday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Sorry about the mix up. I knew one of the cruises was for DH's celebration. Since the ship is retiring I completely understand why you are waiting until the last minute. And, yes, if it does sail it will not be as enjoyable if there are too many restrictions and tour cancellations.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    Okie Hill Country - here it is

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Shows at least 1 everywhere but I’m not surprised with air travel,boats,well people are more mobile for jobs to every day lives anymore.

Amber Tx

Canada 🇨🇦 at 48 this morning.
    USA 🇺🇸 at 233
    UK 🇬🇧 163
    Poor cruise 🚢 ship 696 their recording it as a lone country
    Australia 🇦🇺 60
    Mexico 🇲🇽 6
    Vatican 🇻🇦 city- 1
    Etc etc

At bottom has link to sources if interested

Top has categories to see age groups even (keep in mind not 100% accurate shows 0 baby deaths but China had few from premature births to save the mothers not all the preemies survived. )
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    (((Rori))): One day at a time is the best any of us can do. :heart:

Karen in VA: The noise cancelling doggy home/bed is brilliant! Thanks for sharing. I sent my doctor a message last night regarding the colonoscopy situation but haven’t looked for her reply yet. It is still a bit too early to expect a response. :smiley:

Amber: Thanks for the link! :star:

I checked and the fitness club I belong to is scheduled to be open this morning. I am planning to go to yoga today. It is a bit early to hear from my doctor after I sent her the message that I woul prefer NOT to have a colonoscopy at this time. Being in a hospital is asking for health risk in my opinion.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Amber - Thanks for the links. Unless I am missing it, nowhere in the data does it show that every state in the USA is reporting cases of Covid-19. I followed the links to the CDC and they still show that the majority of US states have not reported any cases. That could change, but at this time I'm not finding your data to support that every state in the USA has reported cases. Can you point me to where I am missing the reports/stats that show every USA state has reported cases?

Thanks!
    Okie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    The melody to the hand washing song is to the chant used in the military when they march.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Ok Krispy Kream hamburgers sounds awful, and it made my teeth hurt!😂
    Grocery shopping during a fasting window, I think I have gone bonkers. But I am just buying what's on my list.

HeatherSausage, sauerkraut meal sounds delish! I need to buy ingredients to do that too!
    💖Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited March 2020
    Rebecca - I got the recipe from Skinnytaste, but I have since modified it. I don't always bother with the apple. We love it with wholegrain mustard on the side. :D
    Tonight, as it's Friday, we are having a bottle of Gewurtztraminer with it. I made myself do 300 calories on the machines just now in the wine's honour. Plus the shopping, I'm counting 800 burn for the day. :p

SuziQ- We originally went on the Saga Pearl ll for 3 trips. It was only 430 passengers and we adored it. That is now gone. :'( Its sister ship, Saga Sapphire is on its last trips now, much to our sadness. It has 700 passengers. We did my 70th on it. The two new ships coming on stream are each 999 passengers.
    Ships are like dear friends - you get really involved with the sailings, the docking in ports, the captain's announcements, the piloting, the daily life at sea. It is that, rather than the destinations that attract us. We loved the small ships, even though they are a bit tired. Because they are small you really get to know all the staff. We are very antisocial and don't mix much with the other passengers, who are a bit ancient and conservative. We eat at our own table for two. But we love the staff and the whole business of being at sea. Last time we made friends with the captain's wife.
    I love seeing how things work and the logistics of running such a complicated operation. I observe every little thing. I have nothing but admiration for Saga. You feel it is 5 star all the way. It's almost impossible to describe how good it is. It must be very difficult for them at the moment. I feel the pressure is building.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    https://youtu.be/Y3c5rkJ-L9s how to make hand sanitizer at home in here.A bottle of alcohol or witch hazel follow up with lotion on your hand just as good.

1st DOG 🐕 with Coronovirus- Hong Kong 🇭🇰 https://www.news9.com/story/41854622/coronavirus-patients-dog-is-now-believed-to-be-the-1st-case-of-humantoanimal-transmission

I figured out states by looking them up by names ,looking at where passengers from infected cruise lines are going,y news from individual cities where I have family to know the names of. I kept googling .

USA States with Coronovirus /
    II’ll post soon Hubby home hungry can’t eat at restaurants

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    Amber - Thanks for the links. Unless I am missing it, nowhere in the data does it show that every state in the USA is reporting cases of Covid-19. I followed the links to the CDC and they still show that the majority of US states have not reported any cases. That could change, but at this time I'm not finding your data to support that every state in the USA has reported cases. Can you point me to where I am missing the reports/stats that show every USA state has reported cases?

Thanks!
    Okie

I'm sticking with the CDC site. It's the only US site where confirmed cases are posted. Most of the underground sites are just spreading fear and their own agendas.
  • cityjaneLondon
    For information I only trust the BBC.
    :D And the NHS.
    No internet social media nonsense, nor some of our stupid tabloid newspapers. Grrrr! :#
    Don't read anything on Facebook. Scaremongering.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Took tax materials in today. Did it early because of virus scare. It was good to get it done. I do organize it and do my own tax prep. I always seem to have something in our taxes that need our tax guide to help us with. We have used her for a number of years and she is reasonable. DH does not help with them so I like having another pair of eyes who knows what they are doing to look at them.

Feels good to get it done.

We will start daylights saving time this weekend!