Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hugs @lilawolf! Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    My parents are in their mid 70s and I typically go over twice a week to have dinner with them. Should I stop going? I can't tell if I'm being cavalier to go over or being overly anxious to not visit them the whole time this is going on. I know they'll say to come over, that's just how they are!

Are they healthy? If so then the risk to them even if they do catch it is hopefully minimal. Obviously if they have underlying health conditions it is a no-brainer to keep a wide berth.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I and the rest of my dept. are going to be working from home starting tomorrow. Obviously most employees in my manufacturing plant are not going to be doing that. My view is slowly changing to acknowledge that a combination of shutting some things down, coupled with the virus killing its hosts, will slow down the spread to a reasonable level eventually. But I'm still of the overall opinion that an all or nothing approach is best. Either everybody (except a small group of essential staff) stays home or nobody should). The economic loss without a reasonable reduction in R0 values just does not seem fruitful because of more total deaths (from Covid-19 + from economic loss).