Weird foods/combinations you eat

Options

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Natural or vanilla pea protein. Sugar free maple syrup, vegan butter salt, almond cashew milk made into a pasty frosting consistancy
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I like to mix cottage cheese in my yogurt

Because I had to buy regular cottage cheese (5 containers to get the sale price) and not the no salt added I like, I've been mixing half a serving of the cottage cheese with half a serving of 0% nonfat greek yogurt. You get a bigger serving with a bit of texture.

On that note, I like greek yogurt mixed into SF lime jello. lol

Oh hell yeah. That too. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    To me cool whip could be a food group..😊

Add SF FF jello instant pudding....cheesecake flavor.

I did it once. It was too good to do again.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Another weird food combo I just recently discovered: peanut butter scrambled eggs. Try it!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Natural or vanilla pea protein. Sugar free maple syrup, vegan butter salt, almond cashew milk made into a pasty frosting consistancy

Interesting. Do you have measurements?
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Interesting. Do you have measurements?

I would say maybe try 15 grams protein powder
    ( weight), 2 to 3 TBSP maple, few dash, 1/ 4 tsp butter salt, 1 to 2 ounces almond cashew milk. I have added butter extract, cashew butter or peanut butter too.
    I have a lot of concoctions with protein powder 🙂
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Is baked beans on tuna weird?
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A pack of tuna mixed with a tablespoon or two of Fage 0% Greek yogurt is one of my favorite snacks. The Greek yogurt is extremely low in calories, as is the tuna, and their protein combined is off the charts. It makes a creamy tuna salad type thing and is a great replacement for tuna salad with mayo. I add a bit of sriracha for flavor, and sometimes I used flavored tuna. You can spread it on rice cakes but I like eating it out of the bowl!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Is baked beans on tuna weird?

I... I can't...
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    A pack of tuna mixed with a tablespoon or two of Fage 0% Greek yogurt is one of my favorite snacks. The Greek yogurt is extremely low in calories, as is the tuna, and their protein combined is off the charts. It makes a creamy tuna salad type thing and is a great replacement for tuna salad with mayo. I add a bit of sriracha for flavor, and sometimes I used flavored tuna. You can spread it on rice cakes but I like eating it out of the bowl!

this makes sense... greek yogurt in place of mayo = tuna salad. Would be good with chopped celery or peas!
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    Apple sliced with German Mustard
  • Liliana090
    Liliana090 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put peanut butter on fried chicken sometimes. It's so bad but so good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Liliana090 wrote: »
    I put peanut butter on fried chicken sometimes. It's so bad but so good.

You need to try this:
    https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html
  • simplyhannahme2479
    simplyhannahme2479 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had it in a long time, but I like jam and cheese sandwiches.

Also I like mayonnaise on most foods including spaghetti bolognaise.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    In high school, my favorite meal to make for myself was white rice mixed with a can of tuna. In college, my boyfriend (now my husband) suggested adding baked beans. Haven't eaten that combo in years though...
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    lisaepell wrote: »
    In high school, my favorite meal to make for myself was white rice mixed with a can of tuna. In college, my boyfriend (now my husband) suggested adding baked beans. Haven't eaten that combo in years though...

blah
  • VegjoyP
    edited May 2020
    Options

I've done tuna, shiritaki, vegan cheese and years ago when I was in my early 20s I knew people did tuna, ramen noodles, cheese. I like to add peas too. Lol
  • pancakerunner
    Options

I've done tuna, shiritaki, vegan cheese and years ago when I was in my early 20s I knew people did tuna, ramen noodles, cheese. I like to add peas too. Lol

ramen and peanut butter is good too lol
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

ramen and peanut butter is good too lol

Otherwise known as "Dirtbag Pad Thai"...according to a backpacking magazine I read.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    +grape jelly with grilled cheese
    +putting a chunk of PB in the freezer and eating it when frozen. When I was a teen with the munchies I would do this a lot and pour chocolate syrup on top.

+regarding the tuna and rice, I don’t find it strange at all. I live in an area with many people from Cape Verdean descent and they eat a lot of tuna and rice and it’s delicious.