What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    chicken nuggets with parmesan and tomato salad with green onion /roasted turkey wing with broccoli puree
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    Peashoots sauteed with peas and onion. Had that with congee.
    4bqchh850nvb.jpeg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,904 Member
    Vegetable fritters.
    Grated zucchini, carrot, pumpkin ( or whatever other veggies you want to grate instead) 2 egg, SR flour, seasoning.
    Makes about 10.
  • paperpudding
    Not sure why my pic is only a thumb nail size.
  • paperpudding
    edited May 2020
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Peashoots sauteed with peas and onion. Had that with congee.

love peas, the only one in my fam that does. never thought about the shoots, though ...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Salmon.......w penne pasta, cream, veg broth, black pepper, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. 9qfzt2nkl1t6.jpg

Always such a lovely presentation! You could expedite in my kitchen any day!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags wrote: »
    Zuppa de Pesce. Shrimp, mussels and clams. Linguine, white wine, EVOO, butter, fresh Italian parsley and chili flakes.
    8hltaah4pxr2.jpg

Bwaaahahaha. Someone actually disagrees with the fact that I made this for dinner! How interesting!!

No, I think someone is envy you didn't do it for him/her... ☺️

You are very kind. As my lovely bride and I say, there is always room for one more at our table..
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    Tonight, linguine, with local shrimp from Puerto
    Escondido in a tomato, garlic, white wine and basil sauce with a sprinkle of crushed anchovies chile flakes. jl461a6ani6a.jpg

Your dishes are definitely my favourite! 👌
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Salmon.......w penne pasta, cream, veg broth, black pepper, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. 9qfzt2nkl1t6.jpg

Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing your presentations too. I'm just a housewife, while you're the chef, so it's a double complement for me.
  • mmapags

Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing your presentations too. I'm just a housewife, while you're the chef, so it's a double complement for me.

Some just have a natural insight for presentation. There used to be an old culinary school saying, "You taste first with your eyes." You have a really good feel for it!
  • mmapags
    Tonight, linguine, with local shrimp from Puerto
    Escondido in a tomato, garlic, white wine and basil sauce with a sprinkle of crushed anchovies chile flakes. jl461a6ani6a.jpg

Your dishes are definitely my favourite! 👌

Muchisimas gracias!
  • mjbnj0001
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

pyav95csqbf2.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    Welcome to summer.

Carolina slaw (vinegar, not mayo), MFP recipe builder says about 66cals/serving as prepared here, and a great way to use some fresh veggies for several holiday weekend meals. Plus obligatory burgers. Looking forward to continued improving conditions.

1csx74gzfvz3.jpg

jfgzxyd0cli9.jpg

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

pyav95csqbf2.jpg

Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Made dinner for tonight: Curried Orange Chicken, white rice, and salad. The curried orange sauce tastes so good over the chicken and the rice.