What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

pyav95csqbf2.jpg

Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmk...I'll try this as my tortilla-like substance. As of yesterday, I'm doing a two-week gluten-free experiment to see what the fuss is about. I'll try this (with skyr) once I'm done though!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

pyav95csqbf2.jpg

Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmk...I'll try this as my tortilla-like substance. As of yesterday, I'm doing a two-week gluten-free experiment to see what the fuss is about. I'll try this (with skyr) once I'm done though!

For weeks you will miss out on all the delish things that the evil gluten provides :) other than that, nothing. If you were celiac you would have known this long time ago.

So far, it's Day 2 and I feel a difference in energy
    ... As in less of it 😑

Within reason, I'm up for trying new approaches though so I'll stick this through and then enjoy the *kitten* out of my different flours in about two weeks.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Broiled Salmon on a bed of wakame with a Greek inspired salad on the side. I was really just looking for a reason to use the purple onion and feta. ☺️

908h11j6smdo.jpeg

Beautiful!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Linguine w teline.z4ccbogwwo2f.jpg
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Linguine w teline.z4ccbogwwo2f.jpg

Gorgeous and yummy!!
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    edited May 2020
    Today mainly salads from me:

For lunch - tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and broccoli with various seeds (my favourite, I can eat it every day) and for dinner - iceberg with tuna, cherry tomatoes and avocado.

wj2wia4evv9y.jpg

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Not a meal today, but I did make homemade potato salad today before I left for work. I put 1/2 cup amounts in in small individual containers for portion control. Potato salad is great anytime but I think of making it more for summer.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    Thanksgiving in May, COVID Pantry Version - Turkey,Veg, Rice Blend Casserole

Tasting very much like a traditional Thanksgiving meal mash-up, this casserole is made of a mix of pantry items (turkey, rice blend, bouillon, canned mushrooms) and fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, cabbage). MFP estimates about 269 cals/serving (the deep casserole dish shown has 9 servings), 25g protein, 26g carb and 6g fat. No dairy or other typical casserole contents, just turkey, veg, rice, liquids, flavorings/seasonings. Not an eye feast, but tasty and filling.

n5h3ft04dv4h.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Tahdigd5z3mcdsx23r.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    Tahdigd5z3mcdsx23r.jpg

I saw this made on a documentary (netflix?) recently. looks good. half the rice made with saffron?