Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in so you know I am alive and well! All is good, just had a very busy work week (as per the usual) but it has been lunch breaks and worked 5 hours on Sunday. So that is why I am MIA once again. Workouts have been good. I did the LITE Pyramid Lower on Saturday + Abs and Peloton ride and Sunday I did LITE Pyramid Upper + Peloton. Yesterday was just a Peloton Ride.

Thelma: OOOOOH friend, I am SO sorry to read the news about your Uncle. Big huge HUGS and prayers for you and your poor, dear Aunt as well. My heart goes out to you beyond words. :'(<3 So sorry. Take care of yourself sweet friend and know we are all supporting you and sending you lots of love.

Laurel: Thank you for posting the thoughts on the next rotation. I wasn't sure what everyone had decided . . . and this week I wasn't sure what to do. Looks like you will do the "Look Great in 8 rotation this summer!" Instead of Body Beast. Despite my MIA at times lately I would love to join you ladies. :) I will read through and let you know if I have questions, etc... but as always it looks like a great mix of workouts! THANK YOU. I am with Laurie on feeling that Metabolic Style workouts and Circuits are some of my favorite! :)<3

Laurie: Looks like you found another "old/new" batch of workouts to have as keepers! Again, I love that you are going through your collection. Great job on all your workouts!

Erika: Excellent job continuing with STS and the great progress! Do you feel like you have gained strength? WOWSA on the 95 degree temps!! Plus the humidity.

I will try and check in longer tomorrow ladies and catch up on your posts better. ;)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, not much of a workout today. I did Yoga Basics and a little low impact cardio.
    We finally got some much-needed rain today!

My uncle's funeral was today and my aunt was with him until the last possible minute. She says her neighbors went to her apartment to pay their respects when the coffin was there. They all went to the mass and the funeral too. There were lots of people at mass and funeral. There were reporters, politicians, his friends, and even the mayor of Desio, who introduced himself to my aunt.
    Thank God my aunt didn't faint. She did cry a lot obviously, and my cousin told her not to cry because his dad wouldn't like to see her cry. Her answer cracked me up and broke my heart at the same time: If he didn't want me to cry, why did he leave me?

Some flowers had been sent to the house because the funeral home wasn't accepting flowers due to the virus. My aunt took the flowers to the cemetery in the afternoon after the funeral. Another widow walked by and saw my uncle's picture and she recognized him. They both talked about their losses. The lady told my aunt it had been 6 years since her husband's death and she still couldn't get over it. That wasn't very helpful!

I feel so helpless. I don't know how to help my aunt. I was trying to encourage her to eat a little something. Imagine having to cook for yourself when you don't want food or anything? I'm also trying to encourage her to go back to work soon but that's easier said than done. I know I would be feeling exactly as she is feeling.

My aunt told me that she'd gotten over 100 sympathy telegrams. I didn't think telegrams were used anymore!

Erika, you are so sweet and thoughtful. Thank you for praying for us. We need lots of prayers and especially my aunt. I can't stop thinking about how he went from being the healthiest patient at the ward to being the sickest.

It's been hot there too! Once we got some rain in the afternoon, then temps dropped and it felt so good outside.
    Great job with your STS rotation!

Laurie, I love the name of that KB workout! Good job! How nice that your dd's bf knows how to smoke meat! Good stuff!

Thank you so much for those prayers. My heart breaks my I hear my aunt's pain. I wish I could make her feel better but the one thing that would make her feel better isn't possible.
    The bear video was pretty funny. I don't even think Charmy did anything. She was simply standing by the window looking out. LOL

Laurel, great workouts and kudos to you for doing the Slow & Heavy workout. It really is boring!

Thank you for posting your rotation ideas. I think the rotation sounds really good!
    I may ask for workout recommendations as we go. I always get confused with the metabolic workouts if the word metabolic isn't part of the workout name! So I've documented them over the years with the other rotations we've done.
    I have found these ones as examples of metabolic workouts: Metabolic Total Body, XT Super Cuts, LIS Athletic Training, Fit Split Metabolic Conditioning.

I'll accept the hug even if a virtual one! My aunt says that the pain she feels is indescribable. Sadly nothing is comforting my aunt. Thank you so much for your kind words and for your prayers.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I wanted to do a Tae Bo workout, and I knew that Billy had been doing workouts from his living room during this quarantine. I did his Cardio Fat Burn, and it was soooo much fun. He used a 4 inch step, and he also had his wife and daughter working out with him.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and plowing though the SH with thoughts of the new rotation. I am not confused at all by what you are talking about for each week. I know that I can work through this concept fairly well with all the workouts that I have available. Of course you will probably be doing a lot more weight work than me with this, but for sure I can come up with workouts that will fit the concept of each week. The first week is going to be a ton of fun, because I just love metabolic workouts! ;) Now I'm on the hunt for ones that I have not done in a long time. :D Interesting on the IMAX, it sounds more like the Low Max workout that she had done than a high intensity IMAX workout previously.

Tami, Love the workouts! Totally understand being busy, just glad that you can check in when you are able. I have to admit that it has been fun doing these older workouts. I think that I had forgotten what the workouts where like, and now I'm enjoying them in a different way. Probably comes from having more knowledge, and putting my all into workouts that I previously just may have gone through the motions.

Thelma, Well if you are accepting those virtual hugs, then I am giving them with my whole heart to you right now. I feel for your Aunt, I don't know what she is going through, but it really has to suck to lose your DH. I'm sure with time her pain will get better, but right now she doesn't want to hear all of that. I hope that she is able to come and visit you at some point. Wow on the funeral, that is a lot of people. You are right I didn't know that you could send telegrams, but apparently it is very popular in Italy. Great job on getting a workout in despite all that is going on. LOL about Charmy just looking out the window, I'm sure that she just gave her cat smile. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing. Both felt really good. That kickboxing workout, which she filmed in November, is fast becoming a favorite of mine. It is long at 57 minutes, but it is also pure fun.

Tami, great to see you and glad you are doing well. Great job with the workouts! Yes, I whimped out on Body Beast last week. :# I had pulled my workout sheets out to come up with a rotation, saw the Look Great In 8 rotation and realized how much better that sounded to me right now. I really have loved these last 12 weeks of this rotation (and plan on repeating it), but my body needs a break from ‘heavy’ right now. So happy you will join us in the new rotation despite the last minute change!

Thelma, great job doing any workout right now. I am glad your uncle’s service went well and there has been such an outpouring of support for your aunt. But, no, I literally cannot imagine going home after saying goodbye to somebody you shared a life with a trying to plan a meal. And, no doubt, all of this is wildly complicated by the virus. I just hope that, somehow, you can find a way to work getting her over here if for no other reason than to give her something to look forward to. After what you said about her job, that is probably not going to be much of a release for her. I will be honest, I have no idea what restrictions are being placed on international travel right now. Is it even possible? Anyhow, about the rotation, I will happily provide recommendations whenever you want or need them. That is a good list for metabolic workouts. I would also add LITE Metabolic Blast and even LITE Band and Body Weight to that list. Honestly, in my brain, metabolic workouts and circuit workouts have a tendency to blend together, though I think of metabolic workouts as being slightly less structured (than, for example, the typical rounds of four exercises for Bootcamp workouts) and using weights more to increase the heart rate than for any attempt at strength training. Unfortunately, Cathe’s best metabolic workouts aren’t on DVD, but her LITE Metabolic Blast workout is, for me, about her best on DVD. Please let me know if you have any question. Hugs!!

Laurie, sounds like another fun workout! Have you ever done a Billy workout and not smiled? I cannot even imagine not enjoying a workout from him. Anyhow, glad you like the sound of the rotation....and that it makes sense. I never know when I am writing anything whether I am making any sense at all. B) IMAX 4, for the record, is way more fun that Low Max! But, yes, they are similar. Except one I look forward to doing and the other I will do if the choice is that or a root canal. :D Okay, I know it isn’t that bad, but, boy, I have been known to struggle getting into that workout.

Erika, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Definitely another busy day here at work. We are just rolling in the escrows and open orders, it is crazy. I think with everything going on in the world these days people are just flocking here like crazy and still refinancing as well. All good stuff though!

Last night I went home and did KCM Strength & Stamina, which felt so great. Always love that one and the added cardio with those KB swings. Not sure what I will have time for tonight, but hopefully a Peloton ride will be included. I really need to get back to my early a.m. workouts again. During "stay at home" time it kind of changed up when I did my workouts. I always feel better when I get it done in the early a.m. and then my "bonus" can be riding the Peloton after work. That's my plan forsure when we start the new rotation!

Big HUGS Thelma, I feel so terrible for your sweet Aunt and the helpless feeling you have in your heart right now. I hope you will be able to have her come to you just as soon as she can. I am sure international travel is a little tricky right now, but hopefully you will be able to work a plan into place for as soon as she can. <3

I will definitely check in tomorrow! ;) Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, a much better day today for my aunt and consequently for me.
    I am sooooo proud of my aunt. She went to work today because she realized how difficult it is to be home alone. Her co-workers are awesome. They tried to distract her and make her laugh. My uncle used to drive her to/from work so when she got out of work it was hard not to see him in the car waiting for her.
    I don't know it if is in all Latin America but at least in El Salvador, people believe that if you don't let the person who died go, he/she won't rest in peace. My aunt is trying not to cry or ask him why he left her. I totally picked up on that, and tried to re-enforce it because it's working! I know she will cry but at least she's thinking about not making him suffer anymore by seeing her suffer and cry. I personally believe that he is her guardian angel and I think of my grandmother that way too.

I worried most of the day because I hadn't heard from her. I automatically assumed she was having a difficult day, but she was at work. I found out they were married for 48 years!

My workouts today were one of Gina B's 2000 Steps workouts, Beginner Gentle Yoga, and Revive and Restore Yoga.

Laurie, I used to LOVE Tae Bo. Are these YouTube videos? Great job!
    AWWW! Thank you so much for the virtual hugs! It really has to suck to lose your DH. They were each other's best friends. He used to drive her to/from work and cooked for both of them. He made her lunches. I hope time will ease the pain. I'm pretty sure telegrams are still used in El Salvador. I know they used to be hand-delivered. I wonder if it's done that way still in Italy too. I'll have to ask my aunt.
    I hope the virus restrictions get lifted soon but right now, foreign nationals are not being allowed from European nations and places like China, Brazil, etc.

Ladies, thank you so much for supporting me all this time my uncle was sick and now after his death. My aunt thanks you too. I love you, ladies!

Laurel, great workouts today!!
    My aunt totally surprised me today. I know the weekend will be hard but at least there is a mass on Sunday afternoon for my uncle. Some of his friends are planning another mass for him too. His friends are calling to let her know she's not alone. I hope they remember that when this virus thing is over! Even though her job is crazy busy, at this time it is a good thing. Foreign nationals from Europe are not allowed into the US right now.

Thanks for explaining the difference between metabolic and circuit workouts. That makes sense. I'll add those metabolic workouts to my list!

Tami, I don't know how I missed your post last night! Thank you so much for those kind sympathy words, and the hugs and prayers!! I so appreciate your support! I can't wait till the virus restrictions are lifted to be able to bring my aunt here. It was my uncle's dream to come to spend some time here with us in the mountains so I'm sure it will be bittersweet but at least she will come and will spend time away from her house. Thank you so much for the big HUGS!!
    Great job getting your workouts during this busy time at work!

Hi Erika!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series Longevity. Always fun to lift that bell around.

Laurel, Nice workout! Anything kickboxing related is most always a good one. I agree that it is difficult not to smile with Billy as the instructor. I liked the fact that it felt so much like the workouts that he was putting out in the beginning. Now I may actually like that workout, because I agree with you on the Low Max that one has a huge dread factor and I only do that one as a premix. I have my first week of Metabolic scheduled, just from your description. My instructors are different for each day. I have Jessica, Kelly, Chris Freytag, Jillian and Cathe. I'm going to really enjoy this rotation. :)

Tami, Great job on your workout, just love that Strength and Stamina! Hope you where able to get that ride in also. Glad to hear that you will be joining in on the rotation. I'm sure that not many will be doing the same workouts as myself, but at least it will be the same theme.

Thelma, I do hope that your Aunt is able to adjust, and I'm sure it will take time. Keeping herself busy will be helpful, and all the people she works with will probably be watching out for her. That is a good long marriage. Great job on your workouts, it sounds like it was a bit easier to get into them today. Yes Billy has a youtube channel that he is posting workouts on. There must be something about youtube that they have a time limit, I have noticed that other youtubers talk about only having a certain amount of time left. I wonder if they are charged extra for larger videos.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies and Happy Friday (at least for me :) )

Yesterday was STS legs, and man does that get me everytime! We had a cloudy/windy/rainy day here yesterday, but today (and the rest of the week/end) are going to be sunny and beautiful and not too hot! I'll take it!

Laurie, yum on the pulled pork...that sounds wonderful! Tell me more about the Taste of Home box? I love that company and their cookbooks! Great job on the workouts, especially with Billy. Are those free, or do you have to subscribe to the ones he's recording from his home?

Laurel, your workouts sound fabulous (especially the Live kickbox one!) and I love your rotation set up for the next 8 weeks. If I didn't have STS right now, I'd join you! Maybe I can jump in on the end. I have 5 more weeks of STS left!

Tami, great job on the workouts...I like that KCM one a lot too! I'm with you, I've gotten into a comfortable workout pattern of after work, but more specifically a certain time every day. This has to do with my hubby working out with our neighbor and our son at 4pm each day, so that's when I workout too. I was just about to start morning workouts before COVID, but now I'm not sure I could get up that early! I'm really loving STS (more than any other time I've done it) and seeing some awesome muscles come out!!

Thelma, I'm so glad to hear your aunt went back to work and her co-workers brightened her day. It sounds like the funeral was attended by many, a sure sign of a great man. I'm sure your aunt will have lots of grieving to do still, but maybe "letting him go" will help her with grieving him, but also being able to heal. 48 years married, wow that is amazing!! Good job with getting in workouts...I'm sure they are one of those good and bad things right now. Good, because it gets you moving your body but bad because sometimes it's just so hard to get moving!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! If I don't get on here tomorrow (not sure what I'm going to do on my day off yet!), have a great weekend!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton, 20 minute of yoga with Kristin McGee....and two hours of lawn mowing. :D Both the temperature and the humidity dropped significantly last night which made today a perfect day for tackling the lawn work. I am getting the hang of this lawn monster (as Laurie described it perfectly) and today went much better than the first time I mowed.

Tami, great workout! I imagine you are ready to get back on a more normal schedule. Is your DH still working from home? I think the way things are going that my DH, when he gets back, will be working from home for the duration of this pandemic. I am okay with that, but, if truth be told, I am also enjoying having the house to myself again during the day. B) But I would rather him be home and safe so.....

Thelma, so glad to hear you and your aunt are doing better. She sounds like a strong woman. To get up and go to work....truly amazing. And it does sound like she needed just that. I love the philosophy of letting people go so they can rest. 48 years is a really long time! No doubt it will take your aunt quite some time to adjust, but it can happen. My parents had been married 42 years when my dad died, and it took my mom a few years to adjust.....but then she had 20 more happy years after that. She never stopped missing him, but she did some amazing things in those 20 years.

Laurie, great workout! I have been trying to come up with a plan for next week and looking at all these workouts.....and there are so many I want to do! I am glad you are looking forward to it. I really am too. And I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about Low Max! :)

Erika, great workout. Those STS leg workouts.....brutal! Feel free to jump into this rotation when you can! We have been known to extend them if we are enjoying them....so who knows what will happen. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I did get in my Peloton Ride last night ….. 30 Min Tabata + Cool Down Ride. Workout tonight will most likely be one of the PHA workouts. :)

Thelma: I am glad to hear it was a better day for your aunt and then for you as well. What a lovely way of expressing the peace and love for your loved one. Definitely hard to do. I think it is a forever question when you lose someone of “why” I still struggle with that. I would imagine from what you have said about them and their extreme bond that he is right there with her, guarding her and trying to tell her it will be ok. Once the pain subsides a bit maybe she will be able to feel it. Way to get in a workout despite all the feels you have Thelma. Good job. {HUGS}

Laurie: Way to go with your KB – Kickbox workout! Sounds fun! I love that we will be doing the rotation together for the summer. Same theme, same goals and support is what it is all about! Thank you for being here with me & understanding despite my MIA at times. Are you back at work or working from home now?

Erika: Excellent job getting in your STS Legs workout! Meso 2 are so great/tough. Sunny & hot! Sounds wonderful. We had warm and partly sunshine today, I will take it when we can get it as well. Love hearing how much you are liking the STS. Maybe it is the time of day/schedule you have now vs. when you did it before that makes you like it so much this time? Either way, awesome to hear and that you are seeing/feeling results. That’s the best when that happens!

Laurel: Gotta love those HiiT/Hills Rides! YAY. Awesome job getting in some Yoga as well + lawn mowing! WHOASA, do you have a huge yard? I am definitely ready to get back to my old normal schedule forsure. Just switching that clock for my body to get UP. LOL He is still at home quite a bit but having more outings with clients, meeting for lunches or stopping at their offices again. Still not like before so he is home a lot. It is probably nice having your house to yourself, I totally get that. Hope he is doing well so far in AK?

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were a Jessica Smith Power Walk workout and Barre which was a killer class.

We had a glorious day today. It was sunny and breezy. We had serious downpours last night.

Laurie, great workout!
    I hope my aunt will adjust with time and that her friends will continue to support her.
    I checked out Billy's YouTube channel and I was very distracted by the messy living room. I may try one of those workouts tomorrow.

Erika, great job pushing through the STS workouts!
    My aunt will have a lot of grieving to do but I'm so glad she's trying to be strong.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you had cooler temperatures there too! Good job with that beast of a lawnmower!
    The governor of GA has lifted a lot of the restrictions. Restaurants can be at full capacity, people over 60 don't have to shelter in place anymore. Sports can be played again but have to follow certain guidelines in place. Same thing for concerts.

My aunt was a little sad today but that is understanding. Your parents were married for a long time too! My aunt will never get over my uncle's death.

Tami, awesome workouts!
    It really is hard not to ask why. They had a really strong bond and she is starting to feel/believe that he is by her side.

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kettlebell Kickbox Scorcher Series Strength. This series is now complete, and it will be going back on the shelf. I will probably do a longer rotation with these workouts, because I so enjoyed them. Dasha really does chat a lot, but the workouts are very good and work the core in every workouts. I used a 15lb kettlebell and I think that made the difference in how I felt about these workouts vs the last time I tried them. I think that I was using wimpy weights at that time. :D

Erika, Nice that you have the day off today, go out and enjoy this wonderful weather. We had some cool temps this morning, but yesterday was a beautiful 80 degrees with no humidity. Talk about perfect. Great job on your STS workout. The box is around $45 every 3 months. With that you get a recipe book, and lots of gadgets. They also include something to make. This time they had some flavored sugar that we could use. I'm thinking this would be really good on some sugar cookies. I have gotten some really good rubs, and things like that. They also include some recipe cards. Overall I really like the boxes that I have gotten. Here is the link https://tasteofhomebox.com/

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts and conquering the lawn. :D Glad to hear that you are getting that lawn monster under control, you two will become besties by the end of the summer. :D Sounds like you had similar weather to our yesterday with the lower humidity. Like you we where outside enjoying it at the end of the day. I was having the same problem with my rotation, but I just chose my favorites and ones that I had not tried in a while. Here is what I'm looking at, but it may change depending on my mood of course. :)

Walk On Get Strong: Stepping Strength
    30MTF Step Boxing DB & KB Only Premix
    10 Pounds Slimdown Xtreme ~ Total Body
    6 Week Six-Pack Level 1
    LITE Metabolic Conditioning

Tami, Nice that you where able to get your ride in. Hope PHA was a good one, it usually is. I was suppose to be about 50-60% home and work. I spent one day at home and couldn't stand it. There was way to many distractions, and all I had was my laptop. I really enjoy having my monitors. I do have to say that at first my DH wasn't happy about being at home, but now he is actually talking about retiring. He is going to run the numbers between retiring at the end of the year or June of 21. So one good thing did come out of all the stay at home for my DH. I still have to work, but I'm glad that he was able to adjust to it.

Thelma, Wonderful job on your workouts, good combo! Apparently we all had some really good weather to enjoy. I love being able to open our windows and the breeze just blowing around. LOL about Billy's messy living room, I find that a little distracting also. The one that I did was a good workout, even with the flashy light that he used with his music. Sometimes it was hard to hear him talk, but I liked the music to much to complain.

Have a seriously great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was both a great way to end this 12 week rotation (really, this nine month rotation!) we have been doing and start next week’s workouts early. :D I did Cathe Live PHA:Barbell into Cathe Live Total Body Blast. I had never done the first workout before, and while it was good, it wasn’t as aerobic as her normal PHA workouts because of the breaks to change the weights on the barbell. But it was a solid total body workout. The second workout was the first Live workout Cathe recorded post-shutdown and I remembering loving it, and loved it even more today. Four rounds of nine exercises-3 leg, 3 cardio, 3 upper body-for a great metabolic/circuit workout. Loved it! And since we are enjoying another perfect day here weather wise, I plan on going for a long walk in a bit. It is too pretty not to be outside. B)

Tami, great workouts! The Peloton HiiT and Hills rides are, hands down, my favorites. I really have to talk myself out of doing them every time I get on the bike. I love how each instructor handles them slightly differently, especially in the climb sections. Those climbs, for me, are ‘treats’ that convince me to do the HiiT sections. :D DH is doing well in Alaska. He keeps complaining about the mosquitoes since he is working outside all day. But I think he is loving being able to do what he is doing right now. Our yard is 1/2 acre, so not too big but big enough to make you feel like you have mowed when you are done. :p Actually, the hardest part is that our backyard is all downhill and while not steep, it is a push to go up it which is why we have this super-powered mower. The other part that makes it difficult is the trees—we have something like 16 or so trees in the yard—which makes maneuvering kinda tricky at times for me and that super powered lawn mower. :#

Thelma, great workouts. Glad you enjoyed a glorious day there as well. This right now is about as perfect as weather can be for me....sunny, 80, and low humidity. I love it. I saw that Georgia is dropping most of its restrictions. I think we will follow shortly despite the fact we are seeing our highest cases-per-day tallies right now. It just seems to be that many people are ‘done’ with the virus, even if the virus is not done yet. Me.....I’m just fine at home thank you.....minus the weekly trip to the store. :)

Laurie, great workout. You always make me want to try doing another kettlebell workout. I just have never really found one that clicked with me. I love the sound of your plan next week! Looks like lots of variety. I was mentally planning my week this morning while I was working out, and I know there are two Cathe Live workouts I want to do (her 200th and 300th episodes, which are both metabolic). She also has another Live PHA workout that she filmed in March that I haven’t gotten around to yet that I might do. Today or tomorrow I will sit down and try to put some order and structure to it, but even with those three workouts I think I will absolutely love it. I don’t think Lawn Monster and I will be besties my summer’s end, but I am hoping for mutual respect at least. :D

Erika, hope you are enjoying your day.

Have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. The weather has been absolutely beautiful and today we got some rain followed but a beautiful, sunny afternoon.
    We had some friends over for lunch on the deck on Saturday and that was a lot of fun.

My poor aunt continues to be sad and brokenhearted. She only finds comfort when she goes to the cemetery to visit my uncle's grave. It breaks my heart not being able to help her.

My workouts on Friday were Restorative Yoga and Barre. I started the new rotation on Sunday with LIS Athletic Training. I can't remember. I don't remember when I did that workout last but it has to be years. Great workout and I survived the 8-inch step!

Laurie, great job finishing up that KB Series and congrats on using the 15lb KB!

We don't have many windows that can be open, but rarely open them due to the pollen so we go outside. I'm going to try one of those Tae Bo workouts, but his messy home was hard to take.

Laurel, great workouts, and congrats on finishing up the rotation! It was 9 months? I can't believe it! I'm so glad your DH is doing well in Alaska!

We really have been having perfect weather. Last Thursday and Friday there was no humidity at all. It was actually cold out on the deck. I had to put a fleece jacket on because I was cold. It was probably in the 70's! LOL.

I really think most people are done with the virus. We also continue to stay at home but have visited a friend's house for dinner.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Another beautiful weekend, it was actually cold. Talked to my Mom and she said that they had frost. :o On Saturday DH and I did some more landscaping, and we finally got one side of our sidewalk done and it looks beautiful. I will have to take a picture of it. We also had a visit by four raccoons that nigh. They where babies, and we didn't see Mom around at all. They where really cute, but I'm not going to want all of them in our neighborhood. On Sunday I just did what I wanted to do. Yesterday was dd's first day back to work. You could tell that she was happy to see and be seen by her clients. One of them was disappointed that she couldn't hug her. <3 This morning my workout was Walk On Get Strong: Stepping Strength. Really do love this workout.

Laurel, Great job on the live workouts, and having fun with them. You are right with getting out in this beautiful weather, hope that your walk was a good one. I have to say that it was sure nice to do landscaping and not be drenched. Glad to hear that your DH is doing well, dang on those mosquitoes. I'm not looking forward to those popping out around here. Of Dasha's kettlebell series the only one I would recommend is her Scorcher. She tends to talk a lot, but I do enjoy going from the kettlebell, to boxing/kickboxing. She always incorporates cardio with some type of sprawl move. The only other instructor that I enjoy is Kelly.

Thelma, Great job on your workout! Glad that you enjoyed it. It is very nice to get together with friends, and when the weather cooperates it's even better. You are doing all you can for your Aunt, and I'm sure that she will appreciate the support when her grieving lessens. I'm sure it will take her a while. Of course you have that wonderful screened in area to be outside in, that is one thing that I wish we had just to enjoy the evenings without insets invading. Hope you enjoy the TaeBo workout when you get the chance to try one of them out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! It was a beautiful weekend here, but it also was a pretty quiet weekend for me. I did the grocery shopping and some chores both in and outside of the house. It really was just kind of a perfect weekend for knocking about outside doing little odds and ends. I took long walks both Friday and Saturday which was also nice. Yesterday I felt more like reading a book. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith power walk and 30 minutes of Kristin McGee yoga. Yesterday was ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and core followed by a 30 minute HiiT ride with Peloton. Today was ICE Muscle Meltdown Back followed by two of Cathe’s older and shorter metabolic workouts from Cathe Live. They were Metabolic Circuit Blast and Cardio Strength Blast. Surprisingly, this is the first time I did the Metabolic Circuit Blast workout, and it is a good one for sure.

Thelma, great job with Athletic Step. That one is a challenge. Glad you enjoyed the great weather this weekend and were able to visit with friends. I am sorry your aunt is in so much pain. My heart breaks for her. Our virus numbers are horrible, to be honest. In our county, we have doubled the numbers in two weeks, and the two smaller counties on either side of us are worse. But it is going to be what it is since nobody seems interested in trying to mitigate it anymore. At this rate, our hospital system isn’t going to be able to handle it for too much longer, but even that is being met with a shoulder shrug.

Laurie, frost in June has to be pretty rare, even that far north. Brrr. But I am glad you took advantage of the cooler weather where you are to get some good garden work in. It does make all the difference when you aren’t sweating buckets, doesn’t it? Glad your DD is happy to be back at work and, no doubt, her clients are happy to have her back at work! I am struggling with a feisty raccoon in our yard at the moment as well. It is eating through our garden box where we store our bird seed. :o Such a crafty creature. But if it is like last year, she will leave when her babies are a little older....hopefully. Great workout this morning!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

It was nice to have the day off Friday, but I either came down with a stomach bug or something was not right in my morning coffee. Regardless, I spent the entire day close to the bathroom and didn't get to do much. It forced me to rest, but I was hoping to get outside and also spend some time with the boys as they are leaving on a fishing trip with my hubby on Thursday for a few days.

I did manage to get my STS workout in Friday morning before the stomach bug hit, which was good as I didn't get any workouts in Saturday (still recovering from Friday) and my workout last night was KCM Slim Sculpting Lower Body with a very light weight.

Laurie, your weather sounds like ours here. It was chilly Friday and Saturday. Sunday was a bit warmer but VERY windy. The cooler weather was perfect for landscaping, I'm sure! Yay on your daughter getting back to work...that had to feel so good! I stopped in Ulta for a couple things on Saturday and it was very quiet. Not sure everyone saw the "we're open" signs on the windows. Places are still slowly opening here. Great job on the workouts!

Laurel, way to wrap up your current rotation! Sounds like perfect weather for you over the weekend and you handled the lawn mower monster just fine! :) I'm happy to hear you are keeping busy!

Tami, you will love our weather we're getting this week if you like sunny and hot! :) I'm more of a mid 60's/low 70's gal...any warmer and my body starts to retaliate...I fight heat stroke/exhaustion when it's at all hot out. I'm not sure what is making this round of STS so much better than the past ones, but I'm not having any dread factor at all. In the past, I definitely had to push myself to keep going. I haven't done heavy weights for a very long time, so that may be why I'm enjoying it so much. I also am reminded that heavy lifting transforms my body faster than anything else.

Thelma, I'm glad to hear your weather was nice and you got some visits in with friends! My heart goes out to your aunt...so tough for her! I hope she is finding some sort of peace with visiting him at the cemetery at least. Great job getting in workouts...those steps ones are always a challenge for me!

Have a wonderful day! I'm thinking I may need to add some cardio to STS today...It's been a crazy work day and I'm feeling the need to let off some steam!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were JS Cardio Bootcamp Boogie and LITE Metabolic Blast, Bonus Back. I am really loving these metabolic workouts. I guess it's a big change of pace from what we've been doing. I really like the Jessica Smith workout. I discovered that one this morning.

I didn't speak with my aunt today which means she isn't doing well. She clearly needs antidepressants but I doubt she'll go to the doctor to ask for them. She could easily ask their doctor to prescribe something but always has one excuse after another for not asking. All I can do is pray for her.

We had a beautiful day here in the mountains. DH has moved his office to the deck which is great. It's a good thing he is good at staying focused. I couldn't get anything done with all the distractions. I'd be watching the birds, deer, and turkeys all day long. We have a bench at the entrance to the deck from the driveway and I'd never sat there. Don't ask me why but today I did and I loved it! I could look up our driveway and our birdfeeders. I was there for a while and the things I was going to do didn't get done. I came back inside with a horrible black bug on my leggings. I was jumping up and down the thing wouldn't fall off. I finally got it off with my shoe and killed it. I don't mind seeing the bugs outside but on me, not so much. We moved a glider bench to another side of the deck where there was no furniture and OMG, another distraction! We placed it right across from the birdfeeders and I could hear one of our fountain birdbaths and the windchimes going and if I turned my head slightly to the right I could see the beautiful blue mountains.
    People in the neighboring towns had hail yesterday and today but not us.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a beautiful weekend and managed to do all that landscaping! I can't wait to see a picture! I can't believe there was frost at your mom's! It's mid-June! I bet the little racconies were adorable! I'm so happy your dd was finally able to go back to work! Great workout today!

You're right about my aunt. I've done all I can for her and I will continue to be here for her. It will be a long time before her grieving stops.
    The largest part of our deck isn't screened. The screened area is basically the catio now. LOL Thank God we haven't had to use the screened porch to protect ourselves from bugs. I think the constant breeze and the exterminator help.
    I was just trying to select a Tae Bo workout to do tomorrow and I found one home workout that looks good. It is kind of funny because his wife is his sidekick and she gets to do the counting and the entire workout. He takes breaks to talk. The poor woman looks like she's about to die! LOL
    https://youtu.be/SS4rl3iOUns

Laurel, I'm glad you had a beautiful weekend too. Great workouts and nice job with the walks around the neighborhood! I wish we had a better walking area in our little neighborhood.

This virus thing is scary. The numbers are going up here too. You're right about people not being interested in mitigating the virus anymore. I can't believe the virus numbers have doubled up in your county in two weeks! I read an article saying that the virus has mutated again and this time it is more infectious. Just a month ago we were told the virus was weakening!

Erika, sorry you got sick! I bet the boys and your DH are excited about their fishing trip! Great job with your workouts.

It really is tough for my aunt. Poor thing. She seems to be finding peace at the cemetery. The Athletic Training workout was hard. I thought I was going to die! I had to take little breaks to catch my breath. LOL

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did a different Kelly workout than I had previously listed. She posted this one on youtube, and it is outdoors. RAW Box and Sculpt. It was boxing moves, and then lower body work. Sometimes it was hard to hear what she was saying, but overall it was a good workout.

Laurel, Got to love weekends like that, it sure does sound nice. Great job on all your workouts! DH and I got our outdoor work done faster, because we didn't get exhausted from the heat. Of course we now need some rain, it is getting a bit dry out there. I hope that your raccoon leaves also. In our previous house a raccoon took up residence in an old shed that was on the property. One day DH and I started to take it down, and confronted this very angry female raccoon. They sure do hate being disturbed during their nap. :#

Erika, Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that stomach issue. Nice workouts! It will probably take a while for people to realize that more and more shops are open, but dd is very happy to be working. She just wishes that everyone was able to be there with her. We are back to full capacity this week with people coming back to work. It is interesting how the non-essential people are fearful, and wanting everyone to wear masks. We are only required to wear them, if we can't keep the 6ft rule. So the next couple of weeks will be a learning curve for everyone, and I'm sure they will get more comfortable as the week goes on.

Thelma, I love your description of being outdoors and enjoying everything, but of course I'm with you on the bug. I would have done the same thing. :D It is nice that you are able to enjoy the majority of your time outside without to many bugs bugging you. Great job on your workouts, both of them sound great. I don't know if I have every done that JS workout, but it does sound familiar. I to will be praying for you Aunt, it sounds like she really needs them. I don't know if I would be able to have my desk outside either, but nice that your DH can enjoy the outdoors and still get his job done. I was looking at that TaeBo workout also, so let me know how you felt about it. LOL about Billy and his wife. It has to be difficult to be the only other person working out with him. I know he always loved to walk around during the classes that he recorded.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Happy Tuesday!

What a day yesterday...let's just say I'm glad it's done! I almost didn't get my workout in (I was feeling really down about work) but decided I needed it for myself. Well, I was very happily surprised it was a shorter workout (only 43 minutes). I forgot that week 4 of meso 2 is shorter than the rest! It was just what I needed and I'm still so in love with this set!

Thelma, it sounds funny, but I can visualize your surroundings as you describe your views outside. It sounds absolutely breathtaking...aside from the bug! :) I love birds so much...I have 2 birdfeeders and a birdbath right outside my office window and then the birdbath fountain on our back patio. I could sit there for hours and watch the birds..especially when they are playing in the birdbath! Great job on the workouts, it sounds like a fun mix and that JS one sounds especially fun. I think I've done that one before and remember it being fun. I'm still praying for your aunt...I hope she continues to heal from the loss and each day is a bit better.

Laurie, I saw that KCM workout on her IG page and it looked so fun! I wondered if the sound was good as it sounded a bit breezy when I watched the clip. Are you all set to pre-order her newest DVD's? I can hardly wait!! We are at about 50% opening still here (no plans yet to go further) and our governor is keeping a close eye on how it's going. The radio stations are saying that rumor is we'll lockdown here again before end of summer as we aren't adhering well to social distancing. My SIL was at 2 restaurants over the weekend (outdoor patio space) and she said there were over 100 people on the patio and it wasn't any bigger than a typical deck/patio on a home. I'm seeing a lot less masks, and a lot more people within 6 feet of each other!

Hi Tami and Laurel!

Have a great day, I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Erika