Coronavirus prep

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    ElioraFR wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    This article says 89% of the US population has worn a mask when leaving home in the last week.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/89percent-of-americans-wear-masks-in-public-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-persists-poll/ar-BB15YDVk?ocid=ientp

Not in my 'hood.

how could they possibly know that?

It's a poll. 89% of respondents said they had worn a mask in public in the last week. I'm skeptical.

Yeah, me too from what I'm seeing, more like 30%. Some people are protecting their necks and chins with a mask, not their nose and mouth though.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    75 new cases in Victoria today with heaps of Victorians travelling to NSW for school holidays. I’m genuinely very concerned.

NSW here... I wish they'd close the border, we don't need a second wave here. It's not looking good in Victoria at all :(

It’s terrifying. I have no idea why they’re not closing the borders!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Hanibani and slimgirljo - I am in SA.

we are going to open our state borders on July 20th.

Nobody I have spoken too ( and I mix with a lot of the public at work and they all have something to say about this topic) is in favour of opening borders to non safe states.
    Bubbles between SA, WA, NT - yes - but thats all.

Steven Marshall, our premier, has today said the opening to states like Victoria may be reviewed and is not neccesarily going to happen as planned.

I hope not.

Nothing personal against Victorians but no point is letting it spread to other states.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    I love that our premier said to stay away from people from Victoria. Not sure how you’re meant to vet every single person you come across to find out their origin.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

Tulsa is about 1300 miles from New Jersey. .?