What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I made spaghetti and zoodles with mushrooms and ragu sauce, grilled chicken breasts with sliced tomato and pesto Jack broiled on top, broccoli with carrots on the side. No pic because we gobbled it all up!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Tonight's (Friday) dinner: a citrus-y yogurt marinated baked chicken with sides to chase away Tropical Storm Fay at the New Jersey Coast.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts, marinated and baked; Carolina-style red cabbage vinegar slaw; mashed potatoes (with skins). Cooked early in case power would be lost; chilled leftovers stable for some hours in the fridge and picnic cooler if needed.

83a26nfaxgls.jpg
  • lovemaui717
    lovemaui717 Posts: 4 Member
    I made Tuscan sausage linguine tonight. It was awesome!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Managing leftover rice. Stir fried with an egg, Chinese olive vegetable, frozen peas and served with a few poached shrimp.
    q2eo7zmd1ogh.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    Baked Eggplant Parmesan

We've been having good luck getting decent veggies delivered, so this week we branched out to eggplant, our first in months. No frying involved. I had enough to fill the casserole, 3 layers, so I sauteed the residual eggplant with some onion, green peppers, plum tomato, garlic paste, Italian seasonings/herbs and a touch of tomato sauce/water to deglaze the pan as an ad hoc, quick, "pasta ala norma-type" side dish for fettuccine. Garnished with fresh basil both from my hydroponics and my daughter's outdoor garden.

snwlfvjg8s6u.jpg
  • acpgee
    Air fried bits and bobs I wrapped and rolled on the weekend, brushed with oil, and stuck in the freezer.
    mfi2fin209a2.jpg

• mjbnj0001
    It was a family celebration day yesterday, and we had a simple midsummer meal: grilled top round London Broil, baked golden potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts and (not shown), cucumber salad. Oh, and ... "the hills are alive with the scent of grilling ... !" - one of my last bottles of von Trapp beer (Trapp Family Lodge, Vermont) that I picked up last year that was hiding in the back of the fridge. Dessert: a little ice cream, the first we've gotten since our covid lockdowns began in March. Along with a trip to the beach, a great day.

33tjz4ddpw72.jpg
  • acpgee
    Pimped up instant ramen for lunch. Threw in a handful of frozen peas and prawns in the water the noodles boiled in. Topped with store bought fried onions.
    fxtjwa0ph2pc.jpeg

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Grilled a dry rubbed pork tenderloin on a griddle. Also baked some russets. Trying to cook outside to minimize heating up the house. I have a photo of the tenderloin - added it my news feed - but recalcitrant MFP won't load it here. I love this app. NOT.
  • jcordray1978
    jcordray1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Bacon Chapatis for breakfast this morning!

https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/24638407/

It's very tasty with coriander and chutney. One chapati (and three cups of coffee...) can keep me going until lunchtime.

226 calories!
  • acpgee
    Buccatini alla Norma.
    w1fo6zn3mmy0.jpg
  • Oneka5
    Oneka5 Posts: 106 Member
    These all look so good! I always need recipe ideas. I don't have a pic but last night I made Mediterranean Baked Cod (pinterest recipe). I've really been trying to get more protein in so the cod is full of it. Topped it with olives, tomatoes, onions, and garlic. I had edamame and red potatoes on the side. very yummy! 150 calories for 1 serving of the cod, 318 calories with the edamame and potatoes.
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    q3h7hfrv5i1l.jpeg
    Old Bay steamed shrimp. Not pictured are the crackers and cocktail sauce.
  • acpgee
    This was pulled from the freezer and store cupboard but it was all homemade. Pina colada granita and coconut macaroons.
    87juhxbob7pa.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    That looks so yummy!