Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B 2000 Steps, Beginner Gentle, JS Feel Good Fusion, and Revive and Restore Yoga. My hips were seriously tight this morning and the Beginner Gentle class instructor did a lot of hip openers and hip flexor stretching! I felt like a new woman after that class!

A friend posted on Facebook that a dog in NC has tested positive for the virus. There was no article attached but she did say don't take your dogs to doggy daycare.

Erika, I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress. Bummer about the possible exposure to COVID+ boy. Will you guys get tested? Does this mean your son can't play lacrosse anymore? I'm so happy he got the job at the supermarket. What a nice manager too! Congratulations!
    Great job with that run and the KCM workout!

I hope things won't get crazy around here. So far the supermarket is the only place I really go to. DH has been to the hardware store too. Good idea to try Whole Foods delivery service. The 80's walk was OK. Very low impact and not as dancy as I would've like it. I was on slow motion yesterday so it was perfect for me. OMG! I can't believe the new manager was only there for such a short period of time! Whatever you don't take the manager's job if it's offered to you. It sounds like a very stressful situation.

Laurie, I'm so glad the doggy daycare was able to get Rocket to smell good again! Sorry you got all congested because of the open windows. I'm glad you're better and congrats on your workout Day 12!!

There didn't seem to a shortage of canned goods at the supermarket.

Laurel, awesome workout combo and good job going for that walk with your DH!

Tami, great workout! Thank God you noticed the light off in the freezer and that you found someone who could fix the problem for you! Too funny about being prepared for the Apocalypse. We sort of are too! LOL.

I don't blame your DH for not wanting to use the CPAP. Those hoses look like they could be a problem when it comes to cleaning. I think you're going to have to tape a lacrosse ball to his back so he wakes up when he turns on his back and rolls to his side! I recorded DH snoring a couple of weeks ago! He was going crazy snoring! I played it for him and laughed about it. He's not too bad though.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out the new BoxFit Shadow Boxing workout from Kelly, and I used weighted gloves. This has now become my FAVORITE boxing type workout yet. The intensity is awesome, and the moves work. She, like Cathe just seem to be putting out better and better workouts as they age. So glad that I nixed the Jillian workout in favor of this one.

Laurel, Wow on your workouts! The doubled plus the blizzard, you where rocking it yesterday. DH did manage to find the area in the kitchen that made our kitchen smell so bad. He cleaned the back door, the floor of the laundry room and all the coats that where hanging on the door of the laundry room. I walked into the house and said “I think you got it” Of course there are still little areas that you get a whiff of scent, but nothing horrible. I will be very happy after the 21 day mark. Apparently the scent goes away between 14-21 days if you don’t clean. 😊

Tami, Awesome job on your workout, and I do hope that you get your ride in. LOL about the amount of prep for the Apocalypse. Glad that you noticed the electrical problem, or you would be eating a lot of fish and other items. The workouts in this rotation are under 35 minutes. So about what I have been doing for a while. Like I stated above, the BoxFit workout 1 is awesome. The second workout on this DVD is strength, and then she has a workout 3 option that says it is a special mix of both workouts. It sounds like it might be similar to her Cardio Pump DVD. I have not previewed that one, but I think that she inserted some additional moves. Didn’t have a chance to look at the premixes yet.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts, and that you became a new woman after the hip openers. I think that my yoga session may have to change tomorrow for that same reason. I don’t think that Jillian will concentrate on that area, so I may have to opt for Eoin Finn’s Magically Hips from his PY4H dvd. I had heard that animals could get the virus, but they where not affected by it or that they transferred the virus. If Rocket has had it and transferred it to me, then I never even new about it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!

Yesterday was a busy day, but ended with a virtual HH with a couple girlfriends, which was nice. I got in my KCM TLC workout last night too!

Laurie, wasn't that such a fun KCM workout? Her workouts are definitely getting better and better...I am really enjoying the variety, new moves and intensity! Glad your pup is smelling clean again, hopefully the house is to follow too! I haven't ever seen a skunk around here, but there's a first for everything I guess!

Thelma, no testing here...we decided the running around to get tested now and again at day 14 (as recommended) was going to end up being a huge issue. We don't have testing easily accessible here unless symptomatic, so you either have to travel a long ways, wait in person a long time, or pay cash for the tests. It's much easier for us to just stay home (except the occasional run to a grocery store) for the 2 weeks and keep an eye on how we're all feeling. As far as sports, I think he's out the 2 weeks, but we are in a break right now from lacrosse, so the timing works out. This is our 3rd possible exposure in the last month, so we're kind of getting immune to it! Bummer on the 80's walk not being all that great. Sounds like your mix today was good though! Yikes on the dog testing positive...I wonder how many more of those we'll see coming up...or people getting the virus from bug bites!

Tami, wow glad that you noticed the issue with the power so you could get it fixed right away. I got a good giggle out of preparing for the apocalypse! :) I hope you were able to get in your ride...I'm sure you're like I am with running...you miss it when you can't squeeze it in and can't wait for the next day to get it in! Great job with ICE!!

Laurel, great workouts...I love the mix!! I see another new Cathe posted, they always look soo fun! I'm hoping to get out for a run tonight (or walk at a minimum) since it's finally done raining (it's rained a lot this week so far). Of course, now we get the super humid weather coming back!

Have a great night!!! If I'm not on here tomorrow, have a good weekend too. I took the day off to go to my parents cabin, but we are staying home so I'm just going to relax and enjoy a day off.

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Biceps into Cathe Live Metabolic Med Ball Blast. The latter was her class from last week, and it was a really good, short circuit workout. It alternated more cardio based moves using a 4# med ball with compound strength moves Using dumbbells. There were only 10 rounds (20 exercises total), so it was nice and concise. I followed it with Core Max 2. After a bit of a break, I decided I felt like some pure cardio, so I did a 30 minute spin, which actually energized me quite a bit.

Tami, great workout. Yikes on the power situation. I am so glad you noticed it because that could have been bad. And I am glad it is all fixed now. DH was recommending I take longer breaks between workouts. Right now I take between 5-15 minutes between my workouts, and he was suggesting that maybe I sit down and take a break between them. Right now I use my breaks to water plants, fold laundry, etc. I have a feeling if I start sitting down before my workouts are done....I will never get back up. I admit that many days the only thing fueling me through my workouts is habit and accountability (you ladies!). I have learned over the last five months how much I am motivated to workout by my clothing. :p I know that sounds crazy, but I don’t weigh myself, so my only real measure to how I was doing was how my clothes fit...and, of course, how I feel (which still matters a lot). Well, in five months I have rarely been in anything other than my workout clothes with no end in sight to that. Of course I could put on a pair of slacks or jeans or cute shorts to sit at home, but.....why? In other words, I am having significant motivation issues right now, so staying the course is probably the best thing for me right now. :D

Thelma, great workouts. Was that Jessica workout from YouTube? If so, that is one of my all-time favorite Jessica workouts. It always relieves whatever in me is aching and leaves me feel both relaxed and energized. So good. And it sounds like the yoga did the job too! I have heard a few cases of dogs getting COVID, but that is the first time I have heard any recommendations on what to do about doggie daycare.

Laurie, that sounds like a great workout! I am glad you tried it. I will be interested to hear about the other two workouts. I am so glad your house is smelling better!

Erika, great workout! I am glad you got to spend some time with your friends via zoom. I agree about the hassle of tests when possibly exposed. It is one thing to have easy access to tests, 30 minute results, and no charge. It is another to have to wait for the tests, wait for the results and pay. Hopefully you all continue to feel well and be healthy. Enjoy your day off!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were JS Power Interval Walk and XT Super Cuts.

Laurie, great job with the boxing workout and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
    I am amazed how Cathe is still in the DVD workout world business and she is always current and good. I don't know how long KCM has been around but I know it's a long time. She is also very good.
    My hips were super tight Wednesday morning. I always love it when the instructor somehow knows what my body needs on a given day. I know that so far there hasn't been a case where animals had transmitted the virus to humans. I have no idea if animals are affected as badly as humans are though. I hope not.

Erika, I'm so glad you had a virtual HH with your girlfriends. I bet it did you a lot of good given how stressful work has been for you. Great job getting your KCM workout in!

I can't believe you don't have easy access to COVID testing even in rural Blue Ridge we have it and it's free. I think they do it a couple of times a week for an hour each day so people have to have appointments but just 40 minutes from here there are other test facilities. I agree that it's too much trouble to get the test and possibly expose yourselves to sick people. Hopefully you'll be OK. Definitely good timing for your son to have to quarantine!
    I did have a good workout mix yesterday. I was told yesterday that there have been cases in other states where dogs had the virus and that one had died. I heard about a cat in another country too. I know that cats get some type of corona virus from what I've heard on the news. I do worry about my cats getting this virus because one of them has asthma and I think my boy cat also has a mild form of asthma too.

Laurel, great workouts! That medicine ball workout sound really good!
    Jessica's fusion workout was from YouTube! I liked it a lot but I couldn't keep it slow! I had to push myself a little harder than what she was doing. It appears that she has other workouts like it.
    My friend didn't post an article about the dog so I don't know why the doggy daycare recommendation. All I can think of is that the dog must've gotten infected at a daycare.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was yoga, so I did the Magically Hips workout from PY4H. Felt great!

Erika, Great job on the TLC workout. I really do love her boxing workouts. I think that Kelly gets to see responses to different workouts through her RAW channel. Some of the workouts on there are tough ones. She has a leg workout that is pyramid, and I was sore for a couple of days after doing that one. We only have one area where it still smells, and we think that it is on the carpeted steps. DH is going to tackle those today. I can totally understand you not wanting to deal with the testing.

Laurel, Again a great mix of workouts! Funny how those workouts can make us feel so much better after we get them done. I'm looking at the rotation that you created for next week. Since the Jillian workouts are staying the same, I'm opting to go onto something else. Of course I have some KCM workouts that I want to try out in place of what you have created, but I think it will work good. I'm just not able to do the 7 days, but hope to get in at least 6 of those days. Kelly has some RAW workouts that I have been wanting to try, so this should make it interesting.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I think that Kelly started her DVD adventure in the 2000's. I could be wrong, but that seem familiar. I had heard that a tiger at a zoo had the virus, and that it didn't have any side effects. Can't imagine why they even tested the tiger though. :o My hips are feeling much better after my session with Eoin.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Chest followed by LITE Metabolic Blast. I did the double standing, cardio crush and metabolic floor premix, and it was really good. I really should do that workout more often. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I usually do that Feel Good Fusion on days where in am really tired and sore (namely Saturday). I find it gets my body limber without pushing it. So I can totally understand if you wanted more of a push speeding things up! I have a Feel Good Fusion workout of hers on DVD which I don’t care for too much. But she has a couple on YouTube that are something like ‘small space’ workouts that are somewhat similar.

Laurie, fantastic workout! Bet that felt good. Between you and Thelma and your hips workouts, I am thinking I need to find some yoga for tomorrow that will focus on my hips! I love how good I feel after doing that kind of workout for sure. Yay for hopping into the rotation for next week. I know I chose three of my least favorite Cathe Total Body workouts for next week, so I totally understand substituting out. :D;) Endurance is not my strength, and I decided to attack it in full next week with those three total body workouts. Hopefully I enjoy the workouts more than I remember enjoying them. :) But at least it is a one and done week.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was quiet and relaxing.
    My workouts on Friday were JS Power Interval Walk, Restorative Healing yoga, and Sculpted-Movement Fusion. Today's workout was Flex Train.

Laurie, I'm so glad you got to do the Magically Hips workout and that it felt great!

Wow Kelly has been around for a long time too! You're right about the tiger at the zoo having the virus! I'd forgotten about that story. I wondered at the time how the tiger had been tested!

Laurel, fantastic workouts on Friday!
    I agree with you about the Feel Good Fusion being a great workout for a day when we feel tired. I bought two of her DVD's and I wasn't impressed. Thank goodness she has a great variety on YouTube!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Have to admit I didn't workout at all this weekend, but I did some weed pulling on Sunday. I was on a roll with this quilt top, and I only have to sew a seam down the middle and then add the boarder. I'm going to quilt the thing this winter when it is cold in the basement. The quilt is going to be a king size, so that is a lot of weight to deal with. This morning my workout was 30MTF Sculpting Rx Workout 2.

Laurel, Sounds like some really good workouts! After you do the hip work you realize that you should probably add that in at least once a month, it sure did feel good afterward. I'm sure that you will also feel that way if you find a workout that fits. I'm going to do two Kelly total body workouts and then the Body Blast Push/Pull on Friday. That push/pull workout is one of my favorites, and it work into my time frame for a workout. The one that I did this morning was slightly cardio, felt I needed something like that to get the hr up.

Thelma, Awesome job on all your workouts! I'm glad that you got the idea into my head for the hip work. I was super happy for my body afterward. I also wonder how that tiger was tested. I doubt that they did a nose swab. :D Glad to hear that you had a relaxing weekend. I had to take a 20 mile trip to JoAnn Fabrics, because they where the only place that had the material that I needed. I had never been to that store before, and now I just may have to make that trip more often. Half of the store was just fabric. :o

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. We did some stuff in the yard and worked at getting DH’s home office a little more comfortable for him. But, mostly, it was a pretty relaxing weekend, which was nice. For workouts, on Saturday I did a two mile walk from Jessica’s Walk On 6 Mile DVD and 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday, I did a 60 minute spin followed by 10 minutes of yoga focused on the hips from Kristin McGee and a quick 5 minute core segment from Peloton. Today was Muscle Endurance followed by Cathe’s Shock Cardio Step Moves. I tolerated Muscle Endurance pretty well today. :) It has never been my favorite workout. B)

Thelma, great workouts. I agree about some of Jessica’s DVDs not being as good as her YouTube workouts. Of course, I think the addition of Peanut on the YouTube workouts adds a nice element of entertainment. :)

Laurie, sounds like a great way to spend a weekend....and a perfect plan for a winter project. JoAnn’s is a great fabric store. We went to one quite often in Fairbanks, and I also really enjoyed their yarn section. Sounds like a great plan for workouts this week. I really enjoyed the 10 minute yoga segment I did on hips this weekend. It is something I could and should add to my routine weekly. After that long spin, it felt so fantastic.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies,

Sounds like you all had a great weekend. Ours was low key, given we were supposed to go to my parents cabin and ended up staying home. But, it was nice. I found out Friday (I had to call in on my day off) that with my manager departing, my co-worker is taking over as my manager (it's me, her and 1 other person on our "team") until more decisions have been made. I hope it goes well, but never sure when a close friend becomes your manager.

Workouts were a nice run Friday morning followed by coffee outside with a friend, and KCM on Saturday (Muscle Definition) and Cardio Quick Fix yesterday. Today will be a 2fer..gotta get caught up on my rotation as I missed a day somewhere.

Thelma, I think we may be the only state with limited/restricted access to testing. I have heard friends in other states say they can get tests, rapid results, and free...symptomatic or not. I sure hope that comes to MN soon. So far, no symptoms here, and day 14 is in just a couple days. I really don't even know that my DS was exposed to the other players, but given they couldn't give any specifics on the players, we all just had to assume our boys were directly affected. Frustrating! So scary to think pets can get COVID too, especially with everything they stick their noses into! Great job getting some fun workouts in again! You always manage to have such a fun variety!

Laurel, ahhh...medicine ball blast...another one I had my eye on! Sounds like just the type of workout I love. I love the 1 of every exercise, once through kind of workouts! I also do love that Metabolic Blast premix too. I'm with you on ME...I don't know why, but that one has a huge dread factor for me. Glad you had a nice weekend, I think we're all finally getting some great late summer weather!

Laurie, that hip workout sounds sooo nice. With all the running I've been doing, I am noticing tightness in my hips. I need to incorporate more hip stretches in for sure! Great job on the quilting this weekend and good idea to keep the rest of it for winter...it will be nice to have that heavy weight this winter to work on!! Weed pulling itself is a workout...a neverending one! :)

Tami, I hope you had a nice weekend!

Have a great evening!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were: X10 Premix X41-low impact/fat burning circuit, Barre and Ashtanga Yoga. I am pretty sure it's been years since I did X10 last time!

We lost another relative to COVID over the weekend in El Salvador. He was a distant second cousin so I really didn't know him. We may have played together as children but that was about it. He was a well known and loved pediatrician.

Laurie, that is a big quilt! I can't wait to see your creation! Good job with the KCM workout!

It's amazing how those hip yoga workouts are so helpful. I wonder if they sedated the tiger and to do a swab test?

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend. Great workouts!
    I love Jessica's dog Peanut. She is the cutest thing!

Erika, you stayed home over the weekend because of the quarantine? The relationship between you and your new manager will probably change. She is in a different position now. I hope everything goes well though.

Great workouts! Good getting the extra workout in so you can catch up! You need to find yourself a good yoga hip opener workout!

I think it's insane that MN doesn't have the necessary testing set up at this stage.
    Thank God you guys are not presenting any symptoms. Let's pray it remains that way! It really has to be frustrating for you because the boys will keep getting exposed to other players. It really is scary that animals can catch the virus. I worry so much about us getting sick because we really don't have anyone to take care of our cats. No one would want to come here knowing that we are sick!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well I guess that I couldn't stay away from Eoin, so I popped in the PY4H DVD and did the Daily Dose of Bliss. I like how he has taken the 80 min. workout and cut it up into segments to make some really good flows.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! LOL about the ME not being one of your favorites. I hear you on that one. All those step ups!!! I'm going to check out Jessica to see if she has something focused on hips also. I really noticed that I was walking a lot better after my morning session. I didn't realize that the JoAnn's that I went to had such a large selection. The three that are close to me have a much smaller selection. That is probably why I go to the quilting stores more often. Apparently people are coming in and buying bolts of fabric for making masks. Crazy.

Erika, I hope all goes well with work for you, that is a lot of pressure to put on three people. Great job on your workouts, and I hope the 2fer goes well. I actually had over 10K steps on the weed pulling day. Of course that included my sewing also. It probably helps that I have my iron on the other side of the room, so I have to get up and walk. So I'm putting weeding/quilting as a workout. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! I don't remember when I did any part of X10 recently. I will have to pull out that one and just get in a 10 min. segment. I think I forget that one has those short segments in it. Sorry to hear about your cousin, sending prayers for his family. I'm a little scared about quilting the beast of a quilt. This will be my largest to try quilting. I could send it in to someone to do, but this is my niece so I feel like I should be the one to quilt it. I know that my Aunt has a long arm, so I may talk to her about it too. Only problem is that she is up north, so I would have to take some time off to go up there and tackle it. I would sedate a tiger, that is for sure. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute Climb ride with Peloton followed by 45 minutes of Kristin McGee. Even though the latter didn’t have a specific focus on hips, she spent quite a bit of time on them in preparation for ‘crow’ pose and, again, it felt wonderful.

Erika, I am glad you enjoyed your quiet weekend, even though you had to stay home. I am also glad you are all still healthy. It is really difficult to understand why you still have so many issues with testing, though I think we do in parts of our state as well. But in our county, it seems if you want a test, you can get it. But they aren’t free. However, despite the surge in cases, the turn around time for results seems to have stayed in the 48-72 hour range, which is decent. I really hope things improve there because, as Thelma pointed out, this may happen quite a few times. I hope all goes well with your friend as your manager. That is always a difficult transition to manage...on both sides. Great job with your workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. I recently revisited some of X10 as well (some time this last winter) and was reminded how good and how tough those workouts are. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That he was a pediatrician makes it all the sadder. My prayers are with you and your family.

Laurie, great workout! I don’t think I will ever part with Eoin’s DVD because he really did a great job with the different premixes. And he always makes me smile. :) Yep, ME gets me with the step-ups and, oddly, the bicep work. Since she does biceps in just one segment with no break, they always feel absolutely brutal to me (despite the low weight). But, on the plus side, I love the med ball abs, so.....it is good to do every year or two. :D:p I am going to be anxious to see this quilt when you are done.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Checking in finally! Weekend was good, very quiet and worked just a few hours on Sunday. DH left Sunday a.m. to go back fishing again this week and then he will be home for just a couple weeks and then gone for his Fall Season. Workouts have been good: Thurs. was SuperCuts, Fri. REST Day, Sat. LITE Metabolic Blast + Peloton Ride, Sun. I flip-flopped Sunday and Monday due to the length of Muscle Endurance so Sunday was Muscle Endurance + Peloton Ride, Mon. 60-min Feel Good Ride after work.

Thelma: Way to go with the workouts! Reading back about my DH and taping a Lacrosse ball to his back has me roaring in laughter!:D :D That sounds like torture, especially since his back hurts almost all the time.

Laurie: Thanks for the review on BoxFit Shadow Boxing! It does sound so good and the descriptions on both of these new ones sound fantastic! Still haven’t plugged them in but they are right there in the “ready to go” spot when I get time. That Premix #3 with both combined sounds awesome! Maybe this weekend I will get it in. Great workouts!! Sounds like you are getting in some nice stretching with Eoin.

Erika: Way to get in another nice run and excellent job on the workouts as well. I hope your friend is a good manager and doesn't cause any issues with your friendship; that can be tricky I am sure.

Laurel: You are killing it in the workout department (as always) way to go! I would not be able to wander off and water plants, start laundry for too long or that would be it, I would be distracted enough to NOT go back and workout again. I can see why your breaks are short. I am always amazed at the length of your workouts. I am sure you DH is as well. OMG! I was so glad I noticed the freezer light. By the next day it would have been a disaster. All is working great now, they did forget to plug our sprinkler system back in however so several days went by and I mentioned it to DH. “Thank God you noticed that too he said or our yard would have burned up”. :s

Sorry this is so brief ..... Talk to you all tomorrow :) Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yoga Basics, JS Power Interval Walk and Pyramid Pump Total Body Premix.

Laurie, great workout choice! I don't know if X10 has 10 minutes segments but it did have some short premixes.
    Thanks so much for the prayers for my cousin's family.
    I would be afraid of quilting such a large quilt too but you can do it Laurie. It's a good thing you've given yourself plenty of time to finish it.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you worked on your hips during your yoga practice!

X10 is a good workout. I remember doing the full routine a couple of times when we lived in MA. I'm still afraid of the step so I've been staying away from it but I'm getting the urge to try it.
    Thank you so much for the prayers for my cousin. He was a really good pediatrician. I have seen pictures of him holding his baby patients and you could tell he loved doing what he did.

You can see his funeral procession as it enters the cemetery. All his co-workers and students lined up the entrance and they had white balloons. The second white van is carrying his body. He basically went from the hospital to the cemetery. Notice the funeral home people in the van have a hazmat suit on. Toward the end of the video you see a heavy set lady with a white top and black pants. She is his poor mother.
    https://www.laprensagrafica.com/elsalvador/La-conmovedora-despedida-que-amigos-y-familiares-dan-a-medico-pediatra-fallecido-por-covid-19-20200817-0033.html

Hi Tami, I'm so glad you're OK! Good job keeping up with your workouts!!
    LOL about the Lacrosse ball. I'd forgotten about his back problems though! DH had a nightguard made that helps him with his snoring. I'll have to ask him what it is.
    It's a good thing I sleep like a baby since we moved here. I am afraid I won't hear noises in the middle of the night that I should hear in case of danger.

Hi Erika!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workouts were Power Hour and S&S Cardio Slam. I haven’t done either in quite awhile and enjoyed them both today.

Tami, great workouts! Was that Ally’s latest Feel Good Ride you did on Monday? If so, that is the one I did on Sunday. Such a good ride. Thank you SO much for understanding why I take short breaks between my workouts. I think if I felt either mentally or physically that I needed longer breaks, I would naturally take them. But it works best for me, especially mentally, to just keep going. I think if I did my strength training after my cardio, I might need more time between workouts. But, for me, cardio is the ‘add-on’, so I just feel like I want to get on with it. Yes, DH shakes his head at my workouts some days. I am not quite sure how he pictured my life before he started working from home, to be honest. :o He seems very surprised that I don’t spend a good part of the day doing nothing. :D I am so glad you saved your yard from burning up! I know it would take me awhile I realize the sprinkler system if off, so that was so good you noticed that.

Thelma, great workouts! Was that the full 80 minute Pyramid Pump workout you did? :o Thank you for sharing that video. What a sad story, and he was obviously so well respected. I am so glad the people there with his mother felt it okay to hug her and comfort her. I cannot imagine her grief.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Beginner Gentle Yoga, JS Cardio Bootcamp Boogie, Revive and Restore Yoga.

I heard on the news that GA has the highest number of new COVID cases in the entire country! We are a mega hot spot! I am so sick of this virus!

Laurel, fantastic workouts! Funny about your husband seeming surprised about you not spending time doing nothing. I don't think you don't know how to do nothing! LOL.

I didn't do the 80 minutes Pyramid Pump this time. I didn't have the energy for it so I chose this timesaver premix: Total Body - Pyramid Down Only: Warm Up + Pyramid Lower (3 sets each exercise - heaviest to lightest) + Pyramid Upper (3 sets each exercise - heaviest to lightest) + Stretch.

My cousin was well respected for sure. He was a hard worker too. He was chief of pediatrics at one hospital, worked at another hospital too, was a professor and had just started a private clinic with his wife. I was glad too that there was a relative there to hug my aunt.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was on yesterday, we had a clean up day here at the plant. I just cleaned up my desk, and emptied out a file cabinet. Since my part in this clean up was ordering all the supplies, I think they gave me a break from having to clean anything. :D Yesterday my workout was Strong & Lean Workout 1, which is the full body weight workout. This morning I did workout 2, which is kickboxing.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts, and nice that Kristin got those hips ready for that lovely crow pose. :s Oh yes I forgot about the bicep work in ME. That's the one that even Cathe is having difficulty completing the reps. LOL about your DH and how he thought your day would be. :D I will be working from home on Monday & Tuesday next week, because our plant shutdown is happening this weekend and the power will not be back up until Wednesday. They are putting in new switch gears, and our 1940's era will be turned off. :o DH and I will be home together for two days. I'm planning on working from downstairs in the basement, because my sewing chair is so comfortable. :D

Tami, Every time you say your DH's fall season I'm still a little shocked. Can't believe that the summer has gone so quickly. Great job on all your workouts! I do hope that you really enjoy Kelly's new workouts when you get a chance to try them out. I know that I really love them. She has a RAW workout that she is using these egg weights. I'm thinking of getting some of them, since they will be a lot more comfortable than weighted gloves or holding weights. Here is a link for the ones that she recommends. https://coffeyfitstore.com/coffeyfit-favorites Thought you might be interested, since they come in different weight increments.

Thelma, Great job on all your workouts! I'm with you on this virus, I'm over it also. This mask wearing all day is horrible, and when you have to wear safety glasses on top of it. Yesterday I was finally given a pair of anti fogging safety glasses, and they worked really well. Only one time did the glasses accumulate water droplets on the inside. I thought at first that it was me sweating. :D The X10 has all the 10 min sections with a warm up and cool down. I could do those as separate workouts. They work into my time frame.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!

Sorry I missed you the last couple of days...it's been a doozy here, to put it lightly. I hit an all time low mentally with work on Tuesday and after an 11 hour work day, I just put on my shoes and ran...and ran...and ran. I was pounding so hard on the pavement that I could barely move my body the next day. It helped to clear my head, but the amount of work aggression I was taking out on my body was not good. I ended up taking yesterday as a rest day as a result and actually am several days behind on my KCM rotation, which is fine.

My friend that's in the manager position is doing what she is supposed to do as a manager, which just changes everything. I feel like I've lost my best friend, but I get that she has a job to do (it's supposed to be temporary) and just feels awkward. So, with that change and workload and just so much stuff going on around me with constant possible re-exposure to COVID for us and close friends, it's been tough.

On a good note, my son (after some nervous vomiting in the kitchen sink next to me while I was on a work call) made it through day 1 of his new job. He will be working about 4 days a week, and seems really excited about it. He'll have a few days off next week to get his wisdom teeth removed, but other than that should be on a regular schedule. So odd not having him home for dinner with us, so now I'm only cooking for 3 :(

Today will be back on the KCM bandwagon and I'm sure a run (already had to get out for a walk to clear my head this morning). Hopefully I can easily get back in the swing of things!

Thelma, I'm sorry to hear you've lost another family member to COVID. It's so mindblowing how it keeps spreading and most of the world is doing something to try to mitigate the spread, yet it just keeps coming. I think you're right about the constant "re-exposure" we will have here with going back to school in 2 weeks (in person 2 days a week), sports and now a job where he's around many people each day. I am just hoping that we stay healthy and can make it through this next spike that it appears we are going through. Your workouts brought a smile to my face, they sound wonderful and I just love the mixes you have. :)

Laurie, wowsa, 10k steps from weeding and sewing? That sure is a workout!! Are you still making lots of masks, or was that short lived? My friend just started another batch of them for her nieces and nephew going back to school and her neighbor for going back into the office. She was telling me that they are a lot of work with the cutting, pressing, sewing, etc. She's doing 2 layers, which is different on both sides, just so they can be reversible. I'm going to have her make some for my boys (she made some for me already that are girlie) for when they go back to school. We have a few here, but washing them with every use means we are constantly washing with trips to the store, DS going to work/sports, and then school soon! Great job on the workouts, I love that you did Eoin again!

Laurel, awww...I miss Cardio Slam...you mentioning it made me remember how much I like that one! I still may jump in on your rotation if I can get through this KCM one and get a pattern down for workouts. Still trying to juggle work, workouts and home life without letting any of the 3 get me too stressed out. Sometimes, for me, if I have too much structure/planned for my day, I just shut down. Did you do Cathe's push up challenge? She posted it on Instagram, not sure if it was also on Facebook?

Tami, good to hear from you!! I'm glad to hear you didn't have to work too many hours on Sunday! Sad that DH is gone for a couple weeks, but good he'll be back again before leaving for fall season. I'm sure he loves the fishing, but I'm sure it's hard for you both to be apart. I'll bet you'll be busy with work and time will just fly by!

Have a wonderful day!!

Erika