Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to freaking chill alright πŸ™†πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ... πŸ˜‚

For tmfr... I never said one should be forced on the other, I don't think any look should be forced on anyone...

But let's just face it and say it... Beards are trending right now...

I just wonder how many less "beards" post I would see in the Weaknesses thread if it wasn't the popular trending "in" thing right now...

No makeup however is different... πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

That's all I'm saying πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ......... πŸ˜‚

https://youtu.be/7mfkl_Ny74U
    MelG7777 wrote: Β»

For tmfr... I never said one should be forced on the other, I don't think any look should be forced on anyone...

I just wonder how many less "beards" post I would see in the Weaknesses thread if it wasn't the popular trending "in" thing right now...

I feel like everyone is calm except you dude. Calm the *kitten* down. Aight?

ft4jq4ey0w1c.gif

NONE OF US WOULD HAVE TO YELL IF @Reckoner69_lmao WOULD PUT AWAY THOSE DAMN CYMBALS
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    If ladies can say they like beards πŸ™„...

Then what's wrong with a guy saying he prefers little to no makeup? πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

*ducks*

I'll play this one too.

I really dislike facial hair on men, always have. The SO had a beard when we met. I was very careful not to express my preference because I didn't want him to feel that I was disappointed in any aspect of his appearance, and I didn't want him to feel the slightest bit of pressure or coercion to shave it off. His face, his choice.

It took about 6 or 7 years for him to ask, and then I replied honestly.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

ft4jq4ey0w1c.gif
    oa1imgq02wma.gif

πŸ˜‚... Come on don't hate me, I love you guys πŸ’•

I'm just *kitten* with you... Blame it on the alcohol and I'll be back to quoting Rod Stewart tomorrow πŸ˜‚...

Rod StewartπŸ˜‚

Post some more stuff after you’ve drank some more. Could be a fun night.

You always did understand me didn't you πŸ˜‚...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    hrichts wrote: Β»

ft4jq4ey0w1c.gif

NONE OF US WOULD HAVE TO YELL IF @Reckoner69_lmao WOULD PUT AWAY THOSE DAMN CYMBALS

🎢 The big boosom lady with the Dutch accent, who tried to change my point of view 🎢
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    guys/girls

whats the best thing anyone ever given u as a gift

Multi function duel shower head.

great. now i'm not going to sleep at all tonight! :p:D
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

Then what's wrong with a guy saying he prefers little to no makeup? πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

*ducks*

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. We all like what we like. I just don’t think it’s right for me to think anyone would change their appearance for my preferences. If I asked him....”what do you actually like better?” and be liked something different than my norm it would be up to me to decide how to proceed from there. If I liked wearing it and he said something to me about wanting me to not.....there would be a problem. Just like a woman who doesn’t like it....can you imagine her guy telling her to wear makeup? Eeeek.

i agree with everything u said but i am def the kind who will be like β€œu should grow a beard πŸ˜β€ or β€œyes keep the beard dont change pls” and never thought twice about it and like is that wrong idk anymore

I think it's only wrong if yer like "you should grow a beard and if you don't I'm gonna glue one to your face made out of your old hair (I've been collecting from your haircuts) while you sleep"

oh this is a great basis for a poem/story *hint hint* ;)
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

*ducks*

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. We all like what we like. I just don’t think it’s right for me to think anyone would change their appearance for my preferences. If I asked him....”what do you actually like better?” and be liked something different than my norm it would be up to me to decide how to proceed from there. If I liked wearing it and he said something to me about wanting me to not.....there would be a problem. Just like a woman who doesn’t like it....can you imagine her guy telling her to wear makeup? Eeeek.

i agree with everything u said but i am def the kind who will be like β€œu should grow a beard πŸ˜β€ or β€œyes keep the beard dont change pls” and never thought twice about it and like is that wrong idk anymore

I think it's only wrong if yer like "you should grow a beard and if you don't I'm gonna glue one to your face made out of your old hair (I've been collecting from your haircuts) while you sleep"

oh this is a great basis for a poem/story *hint hint* ;)

Message received! :P
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

ft4jq4ey0w1c.gif
    oa1imgq02wma.gif

I'm just *kitten* with you... Blame it on the alcohol and I'll be back to quoting Rod Stewart tomorrow πŸ˜‚...

or you can vocaroo karaoke to this right now?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

ft4jq4ey0w1c.gif
    oa1imgq02wma.gif

or you can vocaroo karaoke to this right now?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs

Haha... It would be a sad dissapointment...
    I'll stick with what I'm okay at and singing is not it πŸ˜‚...

h6fs3pinkmmt.gif
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Guys- what’s it really mean when we send you a selfie and you compliment us on some blurry obscure thing in the background 😩
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Guys- what’s it really mean when we send you a selfie and you compliment us on some blurry obscure thing in the background 😩

Sorry I could lose my rights to any man cave for all eternity if I tell you that...

I mean we just gotta draw the line somewhere πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

Sorry I could lose my rights to any man cave for all eternity if I tell you that...

Wheres this line?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Wheres this line?

Ok okay... I'll tell you...

It means....
    It means...

The same thing it does when y'all do it πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
  • CacoEther
    Options

Wheres this line?

It means....
    It means...

So it *is* a bad thing πŸ˜‘πŸ˜©
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Wheres this line?

It means....
    It means...

OMG it is!??... πŸ™ŠπŸ˜‚...
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    iMago wrote: Β»
    guys/girls

my grandmother got me a book when i was younger than really helped me at the time. it was a random gift, not for anything in particular.

my mom got me a watch right before she died. was meant to be an early bday gift but it didn't get delivered until after she was already gone.

πŸ–€πŸ’•πŸ–€
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    guys/girls

For my birthday last year my wife gave me instructions to go somewhere downtown at a certain time, what to wear, what to bring; when I got there, I found out she signed me up for some blacksmithing sessions with a local blacksmith. It was awesome

Did you make a sword?
  • CacoEther
    Options

Wheres this line?

It means....
    It means...

It is when i do it 😏😬
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Wheres this line?

It means....
    It means...

It is when i do it 😏😬

Usually my comments are the same good or bad πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

Hotties get the same treatment irregardless of level of hotness.. Or so I'd like to think I'm that way πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

But I don't normally comment on public selfies unless she's been a good friend in the past...

However if I point out something obscure... I'm not trying to be nice and rather trying to hide the fact that I want to take your photo and be all... πŸ™ˆ (that's good)
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options

*ducks*

Okay, I'm gonna literally answer this one in as much detail as I can, because it matters.

If people are having a conversation about what they like in their preferred partners, or what they find attractive in general, in a conversation? There's not a problem with that. She likes men who wear eye liner, he likes women who don't wear makeup - not a problem either way.

If a person comes up to another person and says TO them, 'I like beards' vs. 'I prefer women with little to no makeup?' Then it depends on WHEN and TO WHO these words are said. And often, it's this part of thing that ends up with women angry.

I usually hear women say something like 'I like beards' to men WITH beards. Expressing something they like in a way that is also expressing their admiration to another person. It's pretty simple. Basically, 'you have a quality I find attractive.'

I usually hear men say something like 'I prefer women with little to no makeup' to women who do NOT have little to no makeup. Rather than an expression of admiration, then, it becomes, basically, 'you don't have a quality I find attractive, and you should change that.' And worse, the 'why' they should change that is...the guy prefers something and that...matters more than what the woman prefers?

It's rude and insulting, basically.

If guys come up to women who aren't wearing makeup and say they like that, some will take it as a compliment, or an expression of admiration. But...it can still be a problem.

For this reason: freaking history.

For centuries, men in our culture have quite literally been able to control every aspect of a woman's life. Heck, women were often unable to even have a bank account without their husband or father signing off on it. They couldn't get a house loan without a man signing off on it. And their makeup, their clothing, their jobs, their parenting - men got to have a say in it all, and their 'preferences' were what trumped the woman's own preferences about her body and her life.

This was not just centuries ago. This was decades ago. This was years ago. This is still going on NOW in many areas (I know an American woman whose doctor would not give her a hysterectomy without her husband signing something, and this was 2 YEARS ago, and it's not uncommon even). Most women you will meet today either lived with that, were raised by women who lived with that, or have grandmothers who lived with that.

And many men STILL act like male preferences are more important than a woman's when it comes to her body. One great current example is how often men in bars won't leave women alone until they say they have a boyfriend - because 'her' saying no wasn't worth listening to, but another man's 'claim' is respected.

So it's important to understand this history, and this current experience, of women having to deal with men acting like 'their' preferences matter more than the woman's. Every time it happens, it's like someone poking you with a pin, and it happens constantly.

Which means that when some guy comes around and starts talking about his 'preferences,' that feels like just another jab with a pin, for many women, and it makes them want to smack that guy in the face.

Sure, maybe he is trying to express admiration. But hopefully it would help him if he understood that the person he was speaking to has had a lot of similar comments that were, instead, passive aggressive ways of trying to get her to change to fit someone else's preferences. So he could maybe come up with something better to say.

Like, 'you look really nice today.'