Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What youtube workout did you do today?

Replies

• Deedoyle9721Deedoyle9721 Member Posts: 195 Member Member Posts: 195 Member
    Strength weight wo for legs

and stretching (the older I get the more I seem to need to do stretch/yoga!)
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 6,196 Member Member Posts: 6,196 Member
    First, Sydney:

Then, some rhythm reps:

And finished with some step and box live with Karla:

• JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 447 Member Member Posts: 447 Member

Thanks to this and the step thread, I was convinced to buy a step and I tried it for the first time today!

This 20 minute beginner step workout was too fast for me. I have to get used to the step and get comfortable not feeling like it's going to slide. But I sweated a little, got used to the movements and now my thighs are burning. I'm going to try again in a few days.
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 6,196 Member Member Posts: 6,196 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »

Thanks to this and the step thread, I was convinced to buy a step and I tried it for the first time today!

This 20 minute beginner step workout was too fast for me. I have to get used to the step and get comfortable not feeling like it's going to slide. But I sweated a little, got used to the movements and now my thighs are burning. I'm going to try again in a few days.

Jenny Ford is great. If beginner is too fast, try basic. If that's still tough, try a marching video first or do a basic step without the step. Then work your way back up.
    I did the first half of this:

And then did this step routine:

I'll go to the park for a run later.
    Started with this:

and this step wo I could do with only a few ooopses! lol

edited October 5
  • JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 447 Member Member Posts: 447 Member

Jenny Ford is great. If beginner is too fast, try basic. If that's still tough, try a marching video first or do a basic step without the step. Then work your way back up.

Thanks @DancingMoosie! I tried this basic one yesterday, and unfortunately it was super challenging too. I can keep up with the Walk at Home videos but once the step comes in I'm still slow.

I might have to try the one for seniors! Unless anyone knows of another YouTuber that does slower videos.

Thanks @DancingMoosie! I tried this basic one yesterday, and unfortunately it was super challenging too. I can keep up with the Walk at Home videos but once the step comes in I'm still slow.

I might have to try the one for seniors! Unless anyone knows of another YouTuber that does slower videos.

Here is a page of step wo's for beginners & seniors by jenny McClendon you can check out! :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jenny+mcclendon+step+workouts+for+seniors

example: :)
    Good one for me!
    This might also be helpful for those needing beginner step:
  • stef237stef237 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    I did 5,000 steps walking. 47 minutes. It was great! :)

This morning:
    and

After work:

I guess I really like step, lol!!!!
  • LasmartchikaLasmartchika Member Posts: 3,429 Member Member Posts: 3,429 Member
    Sydney's full body HIIT

Followed by some TurboFire!!!
    Fun little cardio wo!

And not so fun but a real leg burner from the never feel pain, always smiling chit-chatty trainer.

• stef237stef237 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    20 minutes fast walk with Lesley Sansone. Great for quick workout! :)
    Sydney fit my schedule today:
    Tabata
    And cardio
  • sj9606430sj9606430 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I also use YouTube videos to workout I love the walkway the pounds tapes and 10 min Kettle Bell workout. I see some new ones here that I plan to try out. Having problems with losing the last 10 to 15 pounds.
    Step, kickboxing, and abs intervals from CDorner Fitness: