NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited March 2021
    @cbabie Yayyy on losing weight this week!! I got to thinking about that dead critter I found last week, and it was in the toilet that we had blocked off in the ladies bathroom for social distancing for almost a year. When I took the tape off that door there was no water in the bowl. No telling how long it had been sitting dry like that, so I think the dead critter was a one-time deal and I have no intention of letting that bowl go dry again. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever I’m the same with coleslaw. I wouldn’t touch that nasty stuff when I was a kid and now I LOVE it!! :grin: I’ve heard that having a strong core is so important for our hips and knees. I’m sorry that your knee is hurting. I know how that feels. Maybe if it doesn’t start improving you will want to do the Xray. :/

@trooworld, Yum that beef stew looks so good! Those glasses are super cute! I love black cats. <3 Glad that the Detroit pizza was so tasty. Maybe next time you can pair it with a big, green salad. :)

Good morning! It’s going to be a gorgeous day here. I have grocery shopping to do and then I need to go pick up some trophies for our big Awana Grand Prix race that we are having this Saturday. I can't wait to cheer on all my little Cubbies! This year, we decided to do it outside, and instead of having a big “lunch on the grill” we are having the Lord’s chicken (Chic-Fil-A ;) ) and packaged chips and cookies. Trying to keep us safe! My weight went back down to its lowest yesterday and it’s holding steady today. If I could just get another 1.6 lbs off I would hit my 80 lbs. lost. I need some Duck tape for my mouth!! :D
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah, I vow to do better today. Yesterday was awful, too: 25%. Detroit style pizza has a unique cheese on it: brick style cheese. It is also thick crust with sauce on top. The beef stew was delicious. That's a dilemma about your knee.

You guys, my wireless keyboard is dying and acting wweeeeeeeeirdrd. I need to plug it iinn. I'll be back later.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Congratulations on the loss! Well done! Thanks re: the glasses and the beef stew was delicious!

@TeresaW1020 It was delicious. I love black cats, too! A big green salad is a great idea. The Lord's chicken...hahaha! I love it. That sounds like a great lunch. Congrats on the lowest weight, woo hoo! You will get to that 80 lbs, I know it.

Hi all! Well, I think the keyboard is defective. Luckily, I have this backup plug-in keyboard to use. Like @TeresaW1020, I am at my lowest weight today (not ever, but for years and years!). I hope it holds until Friday. It is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. Not looking forward to it for many reasons. I used to love rain but I hate it now that we have leaky windows.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay on your lowest. You'll get to your 80 lbs. Think how far you've come. You are doing so well. You are learning how to balance your life and food.

@trooworld Woohoo on your lowest weight. I hit my lowest weight in January 2020 and well then you know what happened that year. :( So hoping to get back there before 2021 ends. Then go even lower. I had to go look up Detroit pizza and that is the kind I like.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie That's great that you lost some weight. Plus you moved your body. Now you can try tracking today. I don't know about Grandma and her hip. Maybe. My problem is that my hamstrings and calf muscles are extremely tight which is pulling on my pelvis. So I'm supposed to be doing a lot of stretches and exercises that they gave me. I think I'm going to have to look up anti-inflammatory foods. I wake up with stiff ankles every morning and have to hobble to the bathroom. It's like every joint I have has been affected somehow. At least my shoulder has a bit better range of motion and doesn't hurt now. I'm laughing thinking about "gross experience" and now thinking about colored cotton. :D
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, last night was horrible food wise...I ate everything and even things I didn't want. Today I will say had some drama but not eating it...LOL. I am laughing at myself...most all are saying I am at my lowest and I am saying I am at my highest in YEARS.. This too shall pass as my mom used to say. Thank you all for the congrats on the loss...gotta get more off and stop the incline

@theslightedgeforever my calves are tight,but that came from wearing high heals my whole life...I should stretch more too...yes I have a VERY VIVID imagination..

@TeresaW1020 I just got chills reading your post...congrats on the weight and YES you will see your 80lb loss..

@trooworld congrats on being the lowest in a long time...you got this !! glad you have a back up keyboard.. :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever You'll get back on track, I know it. I'm so glad that the Detroit pizza only had 4 small pieces in it, I would have been in trouble! I did better with water yesterday: 50%.

@cbabie Did you do all that eating out of emotions? Yes, it will pass and you will get back down. What goes up must come down, right? :)

Hi all. Again this morning, I was rewarded with a loss. I just hope it holds until Friday. I have another headache this morning...it's supposed to rain all day, I think the change in the weather is the cause. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling so well: I think it is because I didn't sleep well the night before. I should have clocked out for the day from work but I didn't. Instead, I took a 2-hour nap, which helped some. I still feel a little blah today but hopefully, I'll feel better later.

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 50% again, which is better than I have been doing I guess.

Hello all. It's raining again today and again today, I'm at a lower weight. Yay for the loss! According to my Fitbit, I got good sleep but I don't feel like it. I feel extremely tired.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't get on here yesterday, it was another fun filled day. NOT..LOL. I did track every bite and I was great until about 10pm...so at least I tracked and that's what I am looking at. It has been so windy here, not really wanting to walk out in it. Does anyone here use kindle? Is there one that looks like the page from the book and not another electronic device? I have 2 kindles...the first one ever made..LOL. and a little one, someone found it online used and I bought it, but I am not sure which version it is..it's a touch screen, my original one is not. I have a library book I am reading for a book study by Heidi St James, it will be due back before the study is finished. I realized reading this, how much I really like reading a "book" and not my ipad.

@trooworld great job on the weight loss!! I am so proud of you. I have had those nights it said I got an 87 and I felt like my eyes won't open, head hurts, etc..LOL. Maybe we just needed another few minutes of deep sleep.. :smiley:

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    I was out of town yesterday.

@trooworld Yaaay on another loss. Maybe something in the environment that is causing your headaches.

@cbabie You are making tracking a habit. Good for you. I use Kindle. You know that. lol I think I'm on my 4th now. The original, then the Kindle Fire (which I didn't like because of the shiny screen. Hard to read outside which I do everyday), then a Paperwhite then next generation Paperwhite. I also read my Kindle books on my laptop or my phone depending where I am. I also bought my mil an Amazon Fire tablet to watch Youtube videos on. I use that to look at my magazines. I like my Kindle too much because of the search feature and notes.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie That's great that you tracked. It has been windy here, too. And rainy. Not my favorite weather! I use a Kindle, I have since the very first one came out! I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I really like it, it doesn't have a glaring backlight like a tablet does. Here's the model I have (it is ad-supported but you can pay more and get it with no ads): https://smile.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwhite-Waterproof-Storage-Special/dp/B07PS737QQ/ Here's a link to the differences between the models: https://www.pocket-lint.com/gadgets/buyers-guides/amazon-kindle/112603-best-amazon-kindle-which-kindle-is-best-for-you-kindle-paperwhite-kindle-voyage-or-kindle-oasis Thanks, I appreciate it! I think we do need more deep sleep.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah it's probably the weather, that's the usual culprit.

Hi all. Well, I lost -4.6 lbs this week officially! I'm very happy about that. I went waaaay over my points on Saturday but ate sensibly the rest of the week so I made up for it. In the past, I may have thrown in the towel when I saw that negative number and ate snacks the rest of the week but this week, I didn't. I was thinking about how good those size 16 jeans felt and how much I wanted to lose weight. On another note, I bought an acupressure mat and laid on it for the first time last night. I'm not going to lie, it hurt a bit at first but after about 2 minutes, the pain went away and it became really relaxing. I got it to reduce back pain and help with sleep and I did sleep better last night. Here's a picture but you can't really tell how pokey the round discs are, they are hard plastic spikes!

3h0abke1dwf8.png

kgc8efpa33tl.png

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Wahoooo on your awesome weight loss this week!! B) It’s so great when you can get into smaller size pants! That’s interesting about the acupuncture mat and that it helped you sleep better. I might need to check that out to relieve my back pain.

Good morning everyone! I didn’t realize that it’s been a couple of days since I posted on here. It got busy around here. Yesterday, I cleaned both church buildings, went to Sams to buy a carload of stuff for this Saturday church event, and then took dinner to my friends who just had a new baby. Today, the church floors are getting stripped and waxed so I’m home and plan to do computer work and mostly rest my tired body. I managed to lose weight this week, which surprised me because I haven’t done well the last couple of day with my eating. I had a stern talking with myself that I need to get it together and make this weight loss happen! :#
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Woohoo! Look at you go! See it was in your thinking. "In the past, I may have thrown in the towel when I saw that negative number and ate snacks the rest of the week but this week, I didn't. I was thinking about how good those size 16 jeans felt and how much I wanted to lose weight. " I got 25% yesterday but so far today I've had 75% already. That mat looks interesting. I don't know if I would like it or not. I have a pair of sandals like that. But my feet are tougher than my body.

@teresaw1020 So was the not eating well based on you being busy so nothing planned or was it emotional eating or......?

I walked this morning for 45 min. Then made the mistake of sitting down for a while eating breakfast and looking at my computer. That makes my knee very stiff and not useful. I think I'm going to have to get up every 15 min and just move around. I have a dr appt in a couple of weeks and I'm going to get it xrayed.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I have had another busy day. I got my new glasses!!! I took the baby for a long walk, came home and swept and mopped all the floors. We have no carpet...I am tired, but happy for clean floors. I bombed in my eating last night, back on track today.

@TeresaW1020 yea on the loss, I think we all have good and bad days..LOL Sounds like you had a full couple of days.

@trooworld yea, I am with my sister, I don't think I would like to be poked...lol but if it works and pain is gone, then I say if it works it works :). Loved the weight progress chart...that is amazing, when you think about the year we have all had since March of last year!!! Most of us gained weight..LOL Thanks for the Kindle info..I will be looking to see which one works...that Oasis.. is a little more than I want to spend.. so no beaches for me LOL

@theslightedgeforever glad you are getting it xrayed..you at least will know what you are dealing with. Yes I know you are and always have been a kindle person...I have just always like the feel of a book, but If I bring another book home...LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, I was ecstatic about the pants. :) You should check out the mat for back pain but be warned: it hurts for a few minutes before your pain receptors start releasing pain-relieving endorphins and then it doesn't hurt at all. That's fabulous that you lost weight when you weren't expecting it. Honestly, that's what happened to me, too.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yes, it was my thinking. I hope to repeat last week's performance this week! I got 25% yesterday, too. That's great that you've already had 75% and it was only 8:08 am when you posted! Woo hoo you! Yeah, I think the mat will take some getting used to.

@cbabie Yay for new glasses! I love getting new glasses. That cleaning of the floors is great exercise. Well, I'm not crazy about being poked but if it helps, I'll do it lol. Thanks re: my progress. It helps to see the whole "picture". Yeah, the Oasis would be nice but it is so expensive! I'm happy with my Kindle Paperwhite but...there have been some color e-ink display e-readers coming out on the market lately and I love color so I may spring for one of those in the Fall. They run anywhere from 200-350.

Hi all. I've been watching videos from a dermatologist on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDc2wFMXTSApCa4UwDrdz_Q ) and on her advice, I bought some drugstore skincare products to care for my aging skin. Up until this year, I didn't really care for my skin (although my complexion is flawless...just good genes lol). What prompted me to start a skincare routine now is that I'm getting the beginning of jowls and I absolutely hate it. I got some really good information from her channel so I thought I would share it. The video on drugstore skincare routine is particularly helpful. Last night, I made shrimp and grits with bacon and cheese in the grits. It was sooooo delicious, I will share a picture here. It was a bit of a splurge, points-wise, but worth it.

kpbbavqz4ace.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever When I usually overeat it is from a lack of planning and often a good dose of willful disobedience to the plan. Last week it was a bit of both and this week, I need to get it together. I have a vacation to plan for. ;)

@cbabie I agree that we all have good and bad days. We just need to figure out how to have more good than bad. I have a mopping date with my floors scheduled for tomorrow. :)

@trooworld Thanks for the dermatologist link. I’m always interested in how to get great skin and make-up without spending a fortune to get it. My skin has been the best it’s ever been but it’s definitely showing signs of aging. As I lose weight my neck is really starting to look older, so I will be watching some of her videos. Ohhhh that shrimp and grits with bacon look soooo good!! I’ve been looking at restaurants in Savannah and planning what I will eat and I think shrimp and grits will be eaten at least once a day! :grin:

Good morning! So, our kid church event was yesterday, and it went great! It was the first time we ever held it outside, and it worked so well. Fortunately, the weather was perfect. We had about 80 people and the kids had a blast racing their little cars down the metal track. My eating was off plan yesterday since I had lunch at the church but dinner was meatloaf and veggies, so half the day was good. :) But I am going to have to really buckle down and get to goal weight because yesterday we reserved a hotel room in historic Savannah for our 10-year wedding anniversary that is in October. We got married in Savanah so it’s going to be really special to go back. We will be there for three nights and I plan to cram as much fun into those days as I can. Plus, lots of shrimp and grits and other yummy seafood!! :grin:
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah, she explains things really well in simple terms, too. She's very good. My neck is my problem area, too. :( The shrimp and grits were sooooo good! I bet you can get some excellent shrimp and grits in Savannah. I'm glad the kids' event went well. That's good you balanced it out with a healthy dinner. I'm jealous of your trip lol! It sounds like it will be so much fun. <3

Hi all. I laid on my acupressure mat last night before bed and I barely woke up throughout the night! I think it might be helping me. I got a "GOOD" score on my Fitbit which is nice because I've been getting "FAIR" or worse yet, "POOR" lately. Filet mignon was on sale for $5.99 a lb so I bought two big hunks of it and we will have some of it for breakfast. I'm going to balance it out by having a lower point soup for dinner and then Happy Pi Day! I'm going to make a lightened-up peanut butter chocolate chip pie (https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=264740 ). Not too much going on here, just preparing to go back to work tomorrow.

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Good for you for walking and I'm sure you burned some calories with all that mopping.

@trooworld I have the jowl thing going too. I'll have to take a look at those videos. I got the good genes too for skin, but got the bad genes for my sunken eyes. That's great that the mat is helping you sleep. The grits and bacon look good.

@teresaw1020 Willful disobedience.....Yeah, I know all about that. I'm trying to go with I am determined..... I have decided....... I really need to flip my switch. I hate that at the beginning of 2020 I was about 25 lbs lighter. I think I've gained it all in my boobs and upper back. oh my wrists too. lol
  • trooworld
    Yeah, those videos are really helpful. Yes, the mat is helping. I got 20% yesterday, not good enough.

Hi all. I had a restful Sunday and made my pie for Pi Day, it was pretty good although I didn't soften the cream cheese enough so it wasn't fully incorporated into the Cool Whip. I also made dinner: Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup (Harira). It was very good and a nice balance to the pie. I'm back to work today in the office. I suspect we'll be going back to the office every day soon. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I'm used to being at home lol.

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    So...I was back on track. And then I got the call my Grandpa passed away.

These last two weeks have been a whirlwind of funeral planning and grief and trying to dodge covid-exposure. Long story short, it's been awful. My exercise has been okay, but my eating has not been on track and I can feel it. Today I am officially back to tracking food and checking in.

In the midst of all this, I did get the green light for my dissertation proposal defense so that is exciting and terrifying. It also gives me a bit of a much needed breather since I can't make any more dissertation edits until my committee reviews my proposal.

Sorry again I haven't been around, I look forward to catching up with you all.