Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    4-1 7k slow
    4-2 7k slooooooow
    4-3 4k easy
    4-4 7k slow
    4-5 7k easy
    4-6 rest
    4-7 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    4-8 4k easy
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k temperate
    4-11 7k tempo
    4-12 rest
    4-13 7k tempo

April Total: 71k
    April Goal: 150k

Sunny, upper 40s F, and a light breeze from the north today. Felt good and ran well.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    4.2 miles whilst the children were at Hockey practice.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo that was quite a day you had. Very glad you were able to keep your balance on the treadmill! I have a a few of those treadmill mishaps recently, but some were not as successfully executed as yours 😜 And the FEMA dance doesn't sound like fun either!
    Hope your 2nd dose side effects stay at a minimum 🤞
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I encountered another coyote today. It was jaunting down the trail in my direction until we both came into a clearing and noticed each other, at which point it diverted across the creek, stopping on the other side allowing us a chance to get a good look at each other. It was a larger one and was a beautiful specimen actually. I have noticed since the lockdown that they sound like a larger pack, and have hunted a little closer in to our neighborhood. Last fall they caught something just 2 doors back (across another street and in a park, probably a turkey as I have been hearing more turkeys over that way). The coyotes have never been a problem, and our city has always been on top of any issues if any wildlife populations in our area get out of hand (foxes had to be dealt with a few years ago and deer were allowed to be hunted with bow and arrow 2-3 years back). To date there have been no concerns about the coyotes, and no unusual reports of pets being attacked on anyone's property. I have to wonder how much longer until they have to do something since I have never run across them while on foot until this year, and have run across them twice while on foot in well traveled park trails in just the last couple of weeks.
    And @rheddmobile

About 430 this AM my DD opened the front door and there stood a coyote squared off with my cat.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or actually enjoyed the rain. Either way, great job for getting it done.

@katharmonic Sometimes I wonder what I am doing too! :lol: It's amazing how missing part of the story makes things confusing. Glad you had time for a short run and hope tomorrow is a better day.

@Avidkeo Have fun on your Holiday. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back and have time to fill us in.

@rheddmobile Being surrounded by coyotes would scare the bejibbers out of me. Glad you got to run on the boardwalk again. Funny description of the screaming from the ball game. It's funny that Zeus decided to walk from Chattanooga to be with the owners brother and got so close. They are so smart when it comes to navigation. I kind of feel bad for the original owner though. It would hurt my feelings if Tippy decided she wanted to live elsewhere.

Thanks @Scott6255 and @katharmonic !
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or actually enjoyed the rain. Either way, great job for getting it done.

Not sarcastic, I loved it. My comment about sunscreen, however, was total sarcasm.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles this morning. Going to get my 2nd vaccine shot today, and might not feel like running tomorrow, so I ran again today so I wouldn't go more than 1 day without running. Today's run felt like a 6 mile warm up with a .5 mile quality run. But that's fine.

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I'm glad the coyote was alone and appeared to still have the fear of humans. Hopefully, everyone will stay safe and they won't have to do anything for a while.

Nice use of your time @sweetdaisy13 !

Update on the FEMA call under the spoiler, if interested.
    Interesting thing happened this morning while on hold with FEMA. They were moving really fast and it looked like I would be able to talk to them about the time I had originally planned to leave. But, we were leaving an hour early for our CoVID vaccine appointment so we could get some errands done first. I decided to call mom and tell her I was going to wait and talk to them and we would do our errands afterwards, if necessary. I used my cell phone to call her while my land line was on hold and on speaker. When I got ready to hang up with mom, I did what I always do and said, "Bye. I love you." Well, the other phone "heard" me say bye and it hung up on me! Really!? I was so mad.

I called them back when I got home and was the 7,578th person in line. I chose the option to have them call me back, thinking that it would be at least 3 hours, based on this mornings call. They did call back in a little over 2 hours and I was able to get everything done. Now I just have to send them documentation. So, it ended well, but what an ordeal getting there.

How your nation tells you "thank you for your service." Few things irritate me more than our bungling bureaucracy.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Glad you really enjoyed the run in the rain @ContraryMaryMary !

@kgirlhart Glad you just had a sore arm. I got my second shot yesterday and, so far, sore arm is my only woe. Great running. Had to laugh at you finding your shorts were on backwards after your run. You've been running enough that you will totally be ready for a 10K, even with a couple of days off.

Nice run this morning @Scott6255. Hope you get along good with the shot.

@Tramboman It seems to be getting worse all the time.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    4-1 7k slow
    4-2 7k slooooooow
    4-3 4k easy
    4-4 7k slow
    4-5 7k easy
    4-6 rest
    4-7 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    4-8 4k easy
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k temperate
    4-11 7k tempo
    4-12 rest
    4-13 7k tempo
    4-14 4k easy

April Total: 75k
    April Goal: 150k

Mostly cloudy, upper 40s F, and a breeze from the north today. Saw trout lilies in bloom.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)