WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Grf. Had a long post done, and poofed it as I went scrambling down a pig trail when something I wrote to y'all made me think of the research I'm doing for an article. Oh well, probably not that earthshaking.

Tracey - LOVE those pictures of the grand.

Heather - cannot believe Max is old enough to have a girlfriend!

Barbara AHMOD - Baking is an art, not a science. Not sure why that little canard took off, but I hate that people get intimidated by being told they have to use the exact measurements in the recipe or it won't work. it deters people from trying... Baking is fun, because, unlike so many things, you can eat your mistakes (most of the time!)

Speaking of which, I need to get the next batch of bread going - half will go for Corey's sandwich buns for the week, and the other half, I'll shape and flash freeze. I'll put them out to thaw Thursday night, and they'll be ready to bake the next morning. The cinnamon rolls sold like crazy, as well, but I will probably make them fresh Friday so everything's as fresh as it can be on Saturday.

Oh - and for those that were waiting on the sequel to my mystery story, I pulled it down off Vella for the time being, as Amazon is dragging their feet about coming out of beta--in other words, I can see it, but you still can't. It's still on my radar, but until they get the kinks out of Vella and get it live, I won't be able to send a link to you.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Lisa- I am adding my grrr to yours! Just wrote and went poof! I will try again later, gotta get on the road!
    Hugs!
    Love!
    Laughter!
    TTFN
    Kylia on morning road trip from Ohio to Kentucky and back again
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Spring for me! Spring! Spring! Spring! (Hate the occasional heat of summer and the crowds in all the nice places, including gorgeous Hove)
    Love spring flowers. Love sunny days with cool temperatures.

My early run with DH was wonderful. By the time we started our return at 8.40 the seafront was starting to fill up. Previously, it had just been locals and the swimming clubs.

Came back for 35 mins rowing , then washed my hair and gave myself a much needed pedicure. First one in 19 months! Blue nail varnish. Then put colourless on my fingernails.
    Feels good. :D

Max doesn't have a girlfriend. I deliberately wrote girl friend. She is a friend, who is a girl, and loves cricket. My elder son's best friends at junior school were always girls. Max has boy friends as well, but I do think it's great that he has a girl friend too. My best friends at school were sometimes boys, sometimes girls.

England playing football in the Euros this afternoon. I will be upstairs rowing and watching foreign language films. :D DH will be in his study watching football. Not my bag. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Ppppppp
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im awake and fed Alfie,i have bread thawing to bake off later on..
    Going to hop in the shower in a bit..
    I had a real bad dream and i remember it ,that Tracy and Kyle were in a car accident and she lost the baby,but somehow I was watching the baby.. just really weird but woke me up for sure...will have to text Tracy about Tal,She hasnt really put effort into school and told me she will be getting 3 Fs ,so its eitger she is held back or summer school.🙄
    But I cant say much because i wasnt a great student either..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    My age is really showing or maybe it's the fact that I don't get out much! I thought today was Father's Day and bought my hubby a bottle of his favorite whiskey and a card. Texted my son Happy Father's DAy and then found out it is next Sunday. Oh Well! I tried. :D

Lisa ~ Your baking is wonderful. I bet your house always smells delicious! :)

Tracey ~ You and Michaela look so much alike...two pretty people. Your grand son is lucky to have a grandpa who makes him wonderful toys. <3

Debbie ~ Do you peel the apricots before you cook them? The cooked results look yummy. :)

Ginger ~ You have gone through so much this year. Hugs! <3

Happy Sunday to All....Carol in GA :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Carol,

Thank you! And yes the smells from all the baking just permeate the house. Luckily my husband loves it, and neither of us eat lots of sweets, so it's not too bad in terms of being destructive to my eating.

4pfswzkycwwj.png

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Ugghh. Woke up to my dog being sick on the carpet. I have minor unpleasantness like that but overall life is very good.

I hope to write more. I joined a writing group; first critique session is Monday. I'm a little nervous about opening their documents to read. Hope I don't mess anything up.

Ginger it sounds like you have had just one thing after another this year! Best wishes for a calm spell. And good work controlling those binges!

Flea - thinking of you. Hope you can settle on a safe and effective treatment plan.

Annie in Delaware
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Hope everyone is having a good day today!!
    Been dealing with some issues related to the extensive work I did outside in the garden in April.
    Seems I strained chest and stomach muscles, but am not experiencing any pain, except when I had to have an echo cardiogram, the wand they use to press against one's chest really really hurt.
    Anyway, when anything interferes with my stomach I get palpitations. I am being treated for acid reflux, actually have Barrett's.
    Does anyone here suffer from palpitations in relation to their acid reflux??
    {{HUGS}} to everyone!!!

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Annie- nothing gets someone up quicker than a pet getting sick..i took a shower and am feeling a bit better but my bread dough isnt really rising,its frozen and it said 4-6 hrs irs been 3.. but if i need to will pick up some italian bread going up for dinner tonight.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    432022s1vheyatjs.gif
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Machka9 ~ What lovely holiday photos!! Just love the black cat!!

CityJaneLondon ~ I do love the spring too, to bad my allergies do not!! :)

Grandmallie ~ Wish I had the patience for baking bread, but then I would eat it all as well!!

LisalnArkansas ~ I can almost smell those cinnamon rolls!! They look so delicious!

AnnieSquats100 ~ Nothing worse than waking up to vomit on the floor, especially if I walk thru it!! :#
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Off to buy some carpet cleaner. Teddy seems better. I made him wait for breakfast. He's having a Sunday brunch!

Annie in Delaware
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi friends. I keep swearing I'm going to get here at least every other day, but I don't seem to be able to. I did lose 1.3# this week.

It's hot and dry here. We're planning to go to an outdoor afternoon concert today...we'll see!

Remodeling is finally actually occurring. Exterior painting starts tomorrow with the power wash. Next on the agenda is the downstairs bathroom flooring and new bar top. We have carpet and kitchen appliances on order but may change the appliances. I am not really thrilled about my choice of induction range tops so we are having a gas person come out next week because we swear our builder plumbed gas to the kitchen. I'd rather go gas than induction. Does anyone have that? How do you like it?

We will finalize our choice of tubs and master bath vanities this coming week and get that project rolling.

Summer courses are almost done; 1 week left for both! Then I am actually FREE until mid August! I will go in once a week though to start working on my fall course. The curriculum was totally new then covid hit and it's all totally on line, so that will change for this fall. Thus the need for revisions.

All the critters are well. The kitties are fun and I think they even amuse the old cat sometimes! Their claws have not been a problem. The puppy is finally sleeping through the night. Thank God, we were turning into zombies!

OK, must run and get some chores done if we have any hope of getting to the concert.

Take care, Meg from OMaha
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Meg ~ Nice to hear from you. Getting all the renovations sounds great and I hope you get the stove you want.

Kim ~ You ARE an amazing woman. So glad that you were able to fix the sewer problem.

Carol in GA