WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    SKIN HEALTH STUFF
    I found a forum on skin stuff so I'll see how that goes. It seems pretty comprehensive but with a forum that is active, but not very. That had staging info pretty clear, which is oddly very rare for this type. Since it's most common malignancy, and most preventable, in many countries its surprising how slim certain areas of research are: little definition (or hard to find) on staging, and very little consensus or use of non-invasive imagery. I asked a question. GP 2 (past one) will be seen tomorrow and we'll see if he is more pro-active, than the GP seen this week and the dermatologist. What I read online keeps indicating that my case really requires quick response, and close follow up, or else there could be considerable risk. Basically very good prognosis if caught early in most cases, and very bad prognosis if spread. (which is I guess the case for most sorts) The skin website seemed to confirm it.

Tracked yesterday and was under CICO goal for 1st time in ages which is good. I think the farmer's basket really motivated me, plus 3 days of forced tracking (and seeing how MUCH I was over on Monday and Tuesday!).

Also did 1h on the recumbent today. I have been lacking in serious sports. 20 min at over 115HR, about 20 min more moderate and about 20 min slower. I followed your lead HEATHER and watched a Netflix series to get through. I rewatched a ted talk on skin- and noticed that hadn't caught my attention a month or two ago!

HEATHER I watched the end of a corny French rom-com series, called, in English "The Hook-up Plan" but it's really like a possibly modernised, French-ish version of Friends (though not a world classic, like Friends is), without much or hardly any "hook ups" that the title makes you believe there are. The premise is silly, and then it follows up around 3 women who are fast, long-term friends, and the guys who gravitate around them. It is corny but if you can deal with average quality romcoms its fine. Some of the characters seem quite sweet and touching at times and sometimes its "too much" and sometimes soppy, with a few deep moments squeezed in minimally, I'd say. :D The last episode of season 2 was somewhat pertinent, (though with all the same failings and strengths).You can see just by the title of the episode.

As for the rest of the day. Hmmm I need some courage motivation and energy. Maybe the veggies and recumbent will have helped.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have an overcast sky this morning. I am enjoying the view across the river along with morning coffee. 😎
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did Slim in 6 DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do the 30 Minute to Fitness Plateau Buster DVD

Kim – you use all the fruit that is going in the pie?

M – when I throw a ball for one of our cats, he looks at you as if to say “you threw it, you fetch it”. Well, they have other cats to play with so I’m really not concerned.

Made “pops”. They’re the plain Greek yogurt and OJ concentrate. That’s IT. I usually can make about 10 from one container of yogurt. Best of all...cheap.

Now think I’ll work on the puzzle some and then go in the pool.

Pip – you go girl!

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Over the years we have had one cat who liked to play fetch. His name was Hobie and we loved him dearly. We also had a cat named Peter. She was killed by the same man who poisoned Hobie. They just seemed to disappear. The day we moved away our neighbor told us that her best friend’s husband poisoned our cats. He lived across the street from us. I’m sure the man has met his maker years ago. I used to wish that he was reincarnated as a cat. I got past that wish a long time ago.
    :neutral:

Katla
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Sometimes he runs after the ball and sometimes he runs after the ball and leaves it there lol.. right now he is chewing on the leg of one of his toys..
    I did go out to get Homer ,having a heck of a time breathing today,but did drive by my daughters house just as they were pulling in as i was going to get Homer,and on the way back she was getting in her car so im guessing she was going grocery shopping, im dying to know but trying to keep my cool and wait for her to let me know ,I just texted her and let her know that I knew they were home and hoped everything went well.. and that's all i can do..
    Made some cole slaw,did the dishes and got some garbage together and now waiting on amazon
    Ha she has texted me and she is being coy...
    They know she said they told them and i said she was being a rascal...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,299 Member
    Options
    Phew! Exhausted after two long Zooms this afternoon. I did fit in a quick row in between. The singing WiFi was terrible, so half the time I was singing without accompaniment and then coming back in slightly off the beat!!!!! :D I enjoyed it anyway.
    DH has abandoned the struggle and walked into Hove to buy three small brushes for our tester pots. They will come in handy for the kids. He also bought a few things we can't get locally and our soda gas refill.
    Then it was girlfriends Zoom. My friend G had been playing silly b.....s with the full price offer and asking for more. I expressed my disapproval and so did the others. She may ring the estate agents and say she has changed her mind and will accept. What an idiot!
    Otherwise it was great to see them.
    Now for Hairy Bikers Lamb Tagine with cabbage.
    What joy there is in small pleasures. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Sometimes he runs after the ball and sometimes he runs after the ball and leaves it there lol.. right now he is chewing on the leg of one of his toys..
    I did go out to get Homer ,having a heck of a time breathing today,but did drive by my daughters house just as they were pulling in as i was going to get Homer,and on the way back she was getting in her car so im guessing she was going grocery shopping, im dying to know but trying to keep my cool and wait for her to let me know ,I just texted her and let her know that I knew they were home and hoped everything went well.. and that's all i can do..
    Made some cole slaw,did the dishes and got some garbage together and now waiting on amazon
    Ha she has texted me and she is being coy...
    They know she said they told them and i said she was being a rascal...

That's the thing with dogs. Sometimes the drop the ball, they don't bring it back all the way! That's on them! LOL

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Phew! Exhausted after two long Zooms this afternoon. I did fit in a quick row in between. The singing WiFi was terrible, so half the time I was singing without accompaniment and then coming back in slightly off the beat!!!!! :D I enjoyed it anyway.
    DH has abandoned the struggle and walked into Hove to buy three small brushes for our tester pots. They will come in handy for the kids. He also bought a few things we can't get locally and our soda gas refill.
    Then it was girlfriends Zoom. My friend G had been playing silly b.....s with the full price offer and asking for more. I expressed my disapproval and so did the others. She may ring the estate agents and say she has changed her mind and will accept. What an idiot!
    Otherwise it was great to see them.
    Now for Hairy Bikers Lamb Tagine with cabbage.
    What joy there is in small pleasures. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Your friend G is asking for more than the asking price? Here that is not even legal I think! I am not big on red meat and have never cooked lamb but I do enjoy it when I have it very occasionally at a restaurant. (last Saturday! -grilled ribs)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    BARBARA that's a new one for the rat trap situation!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Barbara it was thicker, with less of the delicateness of the homemade less, plus not warm. It tasted more like a flour tortilla than let's a.

Evelyn, yes he is really stately.💖. And so loyal, which their breed is known for.

So sister practically insisted I drive her tractor/scooper but I passed. She would not take no for an answer, but I stuck to my guns too. I have no interest driving heavy machinery. I leather go out and about with her gator, watering areas (and cool off). Yes I might be her baby sister, but geez!

Lee (husband) sent me a letter. With hearts and stuff.💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey displaced in Oregon💖
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Tracey--What a fun day and great memories for you both.

Margaret--So sorry to hear about the way your husband treated you and Drew. Hugs and prayers.

Allie--congrates on the coming grandson. Prayers and hugs for a healthy baby boy.

Have an interview this afternoon and one tomorrow for my job opening. I pray one of them is a fit and can get hired soon.

DH got picked for jury duty and they took them to plan on at least 8 days. He is not happy, but told him he will live. Changed our appointments to next Friday the 27th for our first shot as they would not let him leave early tomorrow to get it. I want us to get them at the same time so get the same kind. Just want it done and over. Really mixed feeling about them talking about a 3rd shot. It is kind of funny (not) that by this time each year they are giving the flu shots and telling us we have to have them or wear a mask. So far there has been no talk about the flu shot this year.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    Escape artist did NOT get out last night- he slept with me off and on during the night/morning(along with three other cats-good thing dh was at work so there was room for everyone).
    Went to zumba again last night- getting back into it more each class.
    Wish we didn't have to wear our masks while doing it though.
    This is our class space- only 10 at most in the whole thing with the teacher/s up on the stage- plenty of room to be more than 10 feet apart(15-20 feet some times).
    9df00h1q5f7c.png

Filled the dehydrator with apples again yesterday- they are about done then I will do another batch or two.

Going to head to the thrift store and check on some baskets for gift baskets to raffle off at our class reunion next month. If it is too crowded , like last time, we will skip it. I have a month to find a few more.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,629 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Bumped up 2 spots, now in 4th place, up from 6th, that was a long ride…

Zwift home spin bike- 3hrs 56min 15sec, 20.85amph, 116ahr, 138mhr, 649elev, 141aw, 64arpm, 82.1mi= 1592c
    Zwift app = 1914chb8llnor99j6.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Allie!!! What wonderful news!!!

Michele NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,906 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Great News!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,299 Member
    Options
    Julie - She has emailed the agent this evening and said she has changed her mind back. Not asking for more now. Don't know what she was thinking!!!! ;) I hope it all goes ahead.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx