WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Afternoon - evening ladies
    Ok alot of you are moms and grandmas ,My kids never had colic,but poor Miles is just besot with it,Tracy is exhausted ,all poor Miles does is cry and the only thing that sooths him is mom and nursing.. Tracy goes to work on April 4th and is worried that ill go bonkers taking care of him ..i just feel so bad .. I walk with him,sing to him,play music for him..but nothing helps.. i did order gripe water.. which doesnt really seem to be helping.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    (((Allie:))) — You are just the right Grandma to visit now and then & go on a treat/date to have individual time with each grandchild so mom can get a little rest. You will be creating happy memories without exhausting your self. ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Allie - by April 4th he may have grown out of it. I know other people who have had the same problem and it doesn't last for ever. People go in for car drives, vacuum cleaner noise, endless walking etc. You need a village to take care of a baby. Just anyone to take them for a walk around the neighbourhood while the mother rests. It doesn't last for ever. Sending hugs. <3
    I don't know what you call them in the US, but has he got a dummy? Pacifier? Plus a comforter. Each of my grandchildren had a transitional object. Max an elephant, Edie a rabbit and Bea a monkey. Transitioning from the womb is soooo hard. With mine , my eldest had the worst colic, but it disappeared at 3 months. A lot of pacing. :|
    This too shall pass.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Ii
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Allie, - I can empathize with you about baby colic. I used a baby hot water bottle for my colicky son with some success back in the day. Also carried him in a Snugli a LOT. I was really glad when he outgrew it.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Will have Tracy try those we got him an alligator that you warm in thr microwave called a snuggie.. and he didnt like the pouch but maybe try that again..and he doesnt really like a pacifier..my son didnt either..
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Debbie— DH has put on a bracelet that has the medic alert symbol. He had it for 30 years, and it is doing its job today.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie— DH has put on a bracelet that has the medic alert symbol. He had it for 30 years, and it is doing its job today.

dad and mom had/have the pendent that is connected to LifeAlert. It works well for them. Neither had any real health issues(did did have a slight heart problem but that is it)

Went to Zumba tonight- didn't push it but did feel good to move a little. Time for another breathing treatment- #4 for today again- going to grab a hot shower first I think.
    Trying to find if it is better to do hot shower then treatment or do a treatment then a hot shower. Can't find the answers. Someone posted hot showers can make asthma worse and for me, it works as well or better than my inhaler during an attack. Some say cold air helps, that makes mine so much worse- a major trigger for me.

Good night ladies.
    Have a great Tuesday

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Allie -- I can't find the post now where you asked about colic. All three of mine had it. What you have to remember is that there is nothing you can do about the crying. They are going to cry. Once you've checked if he is wet or hungry, if he still cries, you have two choices. One you just hold him and let him cry. Or you put him in his bassinet, and let him cry. I always preferred to hold mine, but I have had friends who had to just put them down and walk away. We had one neighbor who sat out in her car while the whole neighborhood could hear her baby crying. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to keep your sanity. It does go away with time. So as he gets older, his colicky periods will get shorter.

None of my kids took a pacifier either.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

He might need to update the details online.

We've had ours for 3 years and have updated them each year.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Options
    Our daughter has been here for several days because we are worried about DH. We will have a meeting at our local medical clinic on Wednesday. I found 2 medic alert items in DH’s closet. One was a necklace and the other was a bracelet. He’s wearing them now. Taking steps in the right direction, I hope.