WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    NanaCutler- thank you for the advice also .. right now both of them are passed out on the couch.. poor Tracy needs the sleep and so does Miles...
    I should probably sneak out and let them rest.

The food can be an issue, too. I hadn't thought of that. I didn't eat caffeine or chocolate or gassy foods like cabbage while I was nursing.

I'm glad they are both resting now.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    <3<3<3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    o:)
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member

OMGosh NANACUTLER!!! What kinda pup is "the big one? Is that Ava or Maisie? She's gorgeous! Love her coloring. They're both adorable.

Maisie is the large puppy. I say puppy because she is only 6 months old. She is a hybrid, Doberdane, obviously half doberman and half great dane. She's a brown merle and I might be biased, but she is gorgeous in the sun. She is still growing. She weighs about 69lbs and is 27 inches at her shoulders. She shoud be near 100lbs when she's done depending on if she leans toward the Dane genes or the Dobie.
  • Janene5
    Whooops looks like typed in the quote. Apologies, I'll figure it out I suppose with time.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    thanks for the well wishes btw!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    yesterday I got home early and I was sooooooooooooo tired and crashed even if the day was not full on...
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Just checking in. Allie, I am so sorry about the baby. I have no advice, but I hope it's sorted soon. Poor things...all of them.

Machka-I love your garden. We need to do something with our front yard, but neither of us knows where to start. We are not gardeners in the needed sense. I think we will do a patio with a fire pit, but we want a short-ish wall for the privacy too. We need to pick out the tiles first and that is extremely overwhelming. We don't want anything that needs water. I'm sick of fixing landscape irrigation and we are in a drought most of the time.

Medic Alert devices-We got one for my FIL. While he did wear it, he refused push the button even though it was on his arm. As a result, he fell and was down on the floor unable to get up for 3 days before his landlord found him. Now THAT is stubborn. Katla-I hope your DH is not that stubborn.

Started a new workout program and I am EXHAUSTED. Yesterday, my arms felt like lead. I don't think today is going to be better. I hope it works. I lost a lot of my muscle definition when I was limited to light activity. Just need to try not to hurt myself in the meantime as I am finally feeling almost healed.

We decided to try a new restaurant on Sundays in one of the more ethnic areas of the city. We have gone to 3 different places and last night was a winner. The others were OK, but we tried Colombian food last night and it was fantastic. Next week, I think we will try San Salvadoran. It's not healthy, but sure was tasty.

Our orioles arrived over the weekend. A sign that spring is around the corner. It's actually in the mid 70s now. Will take advantage and go for a walk and catch up on podcasts.

Welcome to the new folks. Hugs to those in need. Hang in there.

Hope you all have a great day.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Someone asked about protein shakes. Try putting some fruit in them. Nuts may help too. Or eat them with some fruit or nuts, if you're not blending them.

Tina in CA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Janene--Welcome and great looking grandchildren.

Beth--Glad to hear your knee is doing better, Sorry to hear about your mom, Pray you get some answers soon.

Tracey--Hope you can get the pictures you want. Sounds like a great opportunity.

Machka--Your pies look wonderful.

Woke up to rain and blowing snow this morning. Now this afternoon is warming up to almost 50. Crazy weather for sure.

Having problems with our refrigerator and have the repairman coming out this afternoon. We bought it new in 2006, so may have to replace. I told DH I don't care what he gets just no stainless steel again. Shocked at what they cost.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Vicki — I am not a fan of stainless steel appliances. When our microwave/oven combination we chose a different brand and went with white. The stove and refrigerator are also both white. I like it that way. 😊

People like different colors, materials, and sizes. It is a good thing to have variety. My preferences are good for my choices. It is good for all of to have the freedom to choose things that please them—colors, sizes, and uses.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Heather, so nice to got to have some alone time with Edie, I feel connected with your family like an Auntie, be cause we all have seen your grandchildren grow up before our eyes. She has an endless supply of energy! That is sweet, your husband and Edie's conversations. So endearing.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa

• Janene5
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Vicki — I am not a fan of stainless steel appliances. When our microwave/oven combination we chose a different brand and went with white. The stove and refrigerator are also both white. I like it that way. 😊

People like different colors, materials, and sizes. It is a good thing to have variety. My preferences are good for my choices. It is good for all of to have the freedom to choose things that please them—colors, sizes, and uses.

I go through color phases. If only my budget would allow for new appliances as often i would like to change them! :D
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Picked daycare girl up from T-K (pre-kindergarden) and we had a picnic at the park- none of her friends came today- it was just the two of us.
    It got a little too warm - 85 degrees, so we didn't play too long plus she is pretty tired.
    Making my version of pho tonight(mine is more of a seafood soup, minus the noodles. I will make noodles if my son and his girlfriend wants them. DH and I prefer the soup without them.) It is a bit warm for soup but dh wants it.
    Had fresh papaya and a seltzer for lunch-DH brought home a salad for me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    edited March 2022
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Yesterday we went hunting for medic alert bracelets for DH. We started in his dresser and found 1. He put it on yesterday and plans to keep it on. The necklace was missing and I found it on the floor behind his nightstand this morning. He is wearing both now. Both are important.

The next step is going online and registering them with Medic Alert. :)

Talk to your daughter about that.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i did tiptoe out ,as they were both sleeping,Tracy got about an hour and a 1/2 in and Miles bless his heart slept until 1 this afternoon so thats almost 3 hrs... Tracy took him for a walk in the stroller..
    Carmine had a meeting after school and didnt get home at the usual time so Tracy drove up to find out why,well I guess the teacher talking was talking about theater ,might be interesting if they would get interested in something after school..
    But Tracy had Miles in the car and had to wait like 1/2 an hr..
    Im hoping all goes well as the days go by..
    My new phone arrived so im going to Verizon tomorrow to have them help me set it up.. and then will let Homer out and then pick Tracy and Miles up,and go pick up Carmine.. as we are all getting our hair done..( except for Miles lol)
    Brought Homer over for a little bit today but he can only handle a few hours here and then he wants to go back to his house..Tom came and picked him up.
    I made an eye appointment, but its not till May..oh well..
    And my taxes are done and I owe 3900.00 ugh.. oh well easy come easy go i guess.