WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Machka-good reminder about the private group-all sorts of topics there. I thought of it when the spirited discussion was going on, but since I am not an organizer of it, didn't know about bringing it up. I also loved the image/reminder of our dial up days!

Katla-hope husband continues improvement and you can move forward on plans to be closer to your children.

Michele NC-what about the mixture for hummingbird feeders? I believe that is pretty much pure sugar.

Lisa-I understand about the heat. I sweat profusely but I am learning to work around some of it. Early morning walks are best for me, but I have found I can go for about half an hour even when very warm. I have not forgotten your request regarding pelvic floor exercises. I am waiting to get a couple more of them in the printed version and learn a bit more so I can speak intelligently.

RvRita-good luck with sinus surgery. I had deviated septum repair and was one of the best things I have done (surgery wise).

Debbie-glad your DH is finally getting some rest. It sounds like you have both handled situation very well.

Busy day with work. Many different items to cover and then had to leave for physical therapy (I am trying to figure out how to discreetly discuss, but strengthening pelvic floor is interesting and I hope helpful).

There appears to be a break in the rain, so I am going to go and get a quick walk in. I did try the pre-order for the MacBook Air and the system jammed up. Will wait until it hits the stores next week. It isn't a necessity but want to order before old one dies.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- slower pace for kirby- 2hrs 11min 40sec, 107elev, 2.70ap, 90ahr, 159mhr, 6.17mi= 605c
    Strava app = 703c
    Walk home to gym- 12.20min, .52mi= 55c
    Strava app = 60c
    Lateral machine- 21min, 10w, 5resist, 112ahr, 132mhr, 2.34mi= 163c
    Walk gym to home- 11.56min, .52mi= 52c
    Strava app = 59c

Total cal 884
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    Options
    Machka: I appreciate the reminder about internet security.

I do regularly check my FB settings, and update passwords. But I doesn’t hurt to have a reminder from time to time.

And I check on our other page from time to time.

Mostly reading along this week, as I have been busy gardening and working on art/craft.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Cc
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Worked then the soup kitchen. Came home and went in the pool while Vince power washed. I tell you, the pool isn’t even refreshing. Work tomorrow and Jess and Colby should be here. I did get a walk around the block in, tho. My timer for by the pool (the new one) doesn’t work, it doesn’t ring. So after work tomorrow I’ll probably stop at WalMart and exchange it.

Rori – have you ever looked into having Mars be a therapy cat? Sounds like that’s something he’s made for

Made sourdough waffles for Vince and maybe Colby. I know Jess won’t eat them.

I had my wallet stolen right before we moved to NC. I had a hold put on my credit. So when we went to buy the house, they needed to see my SS card. The realtor said that’s never happened. It’s because I had the hold put on my credit.

Believe it or not, grape juice (at least the ones I see here) has MORE sugar in it than apple juice, but the apple juice SMELLS sweeter. I’m thinking if I can’t find Hawaiian Punch concentrate, I’ll try some apple juice concentrate

Lisa – yea you can get back to exercise!

Kylia – talking about the electricity for some reason reminded me that I needed to install an update on my phone. Thanks. Whenever I have fasting blood work done, I usually take something to eat with me in the car...lol

katla – hug and hug

Rita – best of luck with the surgery

Allie – your picture of Rhody put a smile on my face

Barbara – wine irresistable to wasps? You’re too much. Personally, I would rather have the wine!!!!

Boy, it’s really raining out now. To look on the positive – the rain will wash all the “crud” off my ceramics from Vince power washing

Off to sleep with Shadow

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    :|
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    @fanncy0626 ...
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    You also post where you conduct bike rides. Are you not afraid that people will follow you to your bike rides and get information on you?? Also, it's a little condescending of you to suggest that people do not have computer backgrounds. It feels as though you are being very judgmental. We know all about your husband his accidents and where he worked. We know where you live. We also know where you have lived in the past. Everybody here has lived a very long life and has been around long enough to take care of themselves. As well as other people in their lives. This is supposed to be a place to come for support not condemnation. Let's share the love instead of criticism.

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I did have to laugh at this ...

You also post where you conduct bike rides. Are you not afraid that people will follow you to your bike rides and get information on you??

Given that we don't usually decide where we're going to ride until very shortly before we go ... it would be rather problematic for people to follow us. :lol: I could just imagine someone standing by the side of some random road waiting for us to come along!! :lol::lol:

Please, let us know where we're riding this weekend!

We know all about your husband his accidents and where he worked.

Accidents? Plural? I don't know all about his accidents!!
    And no, believe me you don't know all. I've hardly told you anything.
    Where did he work?

As for where I have lived and currently live ... I really don't think you do.

But hey, let me know, you might surprise me!
    The way that you pointed out to people on here and specific people would make them very, very uncomfortable. You didn't like it at all when I did it in response to you and I didn't even mention your name. This is the second time that this has happened and last time a person's name was also mentioned and I could tell her feelings were hurt. You are not the only person that knows how to use a computer and I don't think anyone here needs a mother. Please be careful how you treat others. Next time just don't make it so obvious.

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    Machka- there is another privste forum?
    I just had a thought and was chuckling to myself.. i can see you and your husband cycling with Rhody in a backpack...with his head sticking out with kitty goggles on a little scarf blowing in the breeze..
    What a hoot..

:lol:

That is funny!!

Thing is ... every now and then I ask Rhody if he'd like to come for a ride with us ... something like that! :smiley:

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Now ... if someone would like to let me know what I'm doing this weekend .....

I've completely lost track ...

M in Oz

Um, you have an appointment for massage with Magnus, or Gunther?!!!😁👍😂💖

I wish! :grin:

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka you are rolling over and going back to sleep!

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I did! I slept 12 hours!!

First weeks, with all the changes, meeting new people, learning new stuff etc., always take it out of me.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka- there is another privste forum?
    I just had a thought and was chuckling to myself.. i can see you and your husband cycling with Rhody in a backpack...with his head sticking out with kitty goggles on a little scarf blowing in the breeze..
    What a hoot..

There's a Group.

So if you're here ... look to the right where it says My Groups. Click on My Groups. You'll be taken to a page with your groups.

3kcake0ve23j.png

For me, the page looks like this, but if you haven't joined any groups, it will likely be empty. In the search box (upper right, where it says "Search Groups" type: Women Ages 50+
    You'll find our group!
    Or you can use the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123702-women-ages-50

The group is private so it is possible I, or a few others, might have to let you in. But give it a go, and see what happens. I just checked and you are a member, so you should be able to go right in.

Our Lisa set it up a couple years ago. :)

rznuhnut4rns.png

Machka in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    l9dwf7ksajt2.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good workout this afternoon ...

Longish run-walk ...
    gkidfxfpby48.png

Rowing. And then I did some weightlifting. :)
    ar2rmcuzc2ku.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Machka- Nice coloring....I found it.. thank you..
    My bestie is up from North Carolina so a bunch of us are getting together tonight which will be fun..
    But I have to go up a flight of stairs and thats not great.ahhh well what can ya do.