Dd
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My most recent colouring creation ...
    i9a7ueicjd0k.png
    Machka in Oz

Love that Machka. Especially the shading on the leaves. I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to pick up a grown-up coloring book, but I think it has something to do with my inability to stay within the black lines. :blush:

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa
    Machka- Nice coloring....I found it.. thank you..

Thanks!

I don't entirely stay within the lines either. For one thing, I use pens and sometimes they bleed out of the lines. Other times, I just get carried away.

Then I try to rectify the situation which is all right sometimes, but other times it's like trying to trim the leg of a chair to ensure the chair doesn't rock ... and you end up with a chair with no legs. :open_mouth:

I'm working on a mother and baby elephant, all in shades of grey. But I'm tempted to add another colour in there.

It's something I work on for a few minutes now and then throughout my evenings. Helps relax my brain a little.

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Rita glad your surgery went well!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My most recent colouring creation ...
    i9a7ueicjd0k.png
    Machka in Oz

Love that Machka. Especially the shading on the leaves. I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to pick up a grown-up coloring book, but I think it has something to do with my inability to stay within the black lines. :blush:

It does remind me that I actually did want to create SOMEthing while Corey's away. To my knowledge, I don't have to be anywhere until I go to the airport to pick him up next week, so can't use scheduled calls or labs to give me an excuse. I have stretched canvas in a number of sizes to paint, and lots of paint, etc. I have all I need for four different projects, and haven't started any of them. I've been deadline driven all my working life, especially when I edited newspapers for a living. I think I'm missing it. At the same time, I'm balking at self-imposed deadlines, and I love the fact that I don't have to do anything if I don't want to.

Is a puzzlement:
    https://youtu.be/9u5iHzag120

Good lord, Yul Brynner was beautiful.

Weird Saturday in progress at my house this morning--The monkey mind has taken over, and I'm just reeling from one thought process to the next...

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa

He was! One of my favorite movies!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Lanette --

My mom has a security system on her house, and if the door opens when the alarm is set, alarms start going off until you give the security company the password. My son set it off accidently one day a few years ago, and it was quite traumatic for him -- with the alarm and the security people yelling, and then the police showing up. He was so embarrassed, and we were all just a block away kayaking on the lake. Lol

Anyway, she pays about $35 a month for the service, but we have been thankful she had it. It comes with a personal panic button, which she wears like a watch on her left wrist. She has pushed it a couple times, including this last time when she fell.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well i slept in,then did my pills for the week and hopped in the shower,of course got Alfie fed and outside. But have a headache so took some tylenol and am lying down again. Sheesh i hate that.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Ee
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    🤪
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    o:)