WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Debbie ((hugs))
    Bonnie in WY, con very grats on meeting your exercise goals this week. Take your measurements, sometimes when the scale is stubborn, the tape measure can be encouraging.
    Machka :love: the “dreams” meme. Could you start interviewing potential counselors? Talking it out really can help relieve some of the pain, even if talking doesn’t change the reality. Thing is, it takes usually takes time to find one you are comfortable with and can trust. Never know til you try. I lucked out once and got some big help from a chance, one time meetup.
    Lisa Yul Brynner, ah, yes!
    Leslie thankful Pumpkin returned safe and sound! Silversmithing? How creative!
    Carla great zoo pic!
    Rita so thankful the surgery went well. Whoshing (thank you Rori) healing and swift, painless recovery.
    Lanette is there a way to stop the dollar tree alarm once it starts sounding? Reminds me of a long story about Joe sleeping through the alarm I accidentally triggered trying to get into our house late one night when I’d forgotten my key. Policeman finally had to put a brick through the door glass (while standing behind me), which finally woke Joe up. He was grumpy I was ecstatic, I’d thought he’d been murdered in the house.
    Rebecca your chief did great keeping that flower alive!
    Flea sounds like a good $35/month investment for your mom.
    Welcome back @17761776 Gayle in Minn Mn! Like Ginny said, you can bookmark this thread to find it again under “My Bookmarks” : Machka’s directions are more thorough, but hope this little snippet helps:
    yw28x586oatd.jpg

Kay thanks for the info that fitbit syncs with mfp, not sure I’d want that. Do you have the option to turn that feature off?
    Michele what you said to Machka about the “talk it out” option.

Done:
    7/8: Move: 1 set pt, dogs to powerline, steps: 5993
    Fuel: protein=60g sugar=95g fiber=16g sodium=1469mg fruit=1 vegs=2
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, emailed hymns, play with plants
    Wt: 140!!!

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Nice afternoon bicycle ride. :)

dsmdwsjgyh6c.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka :love: the “dreams” meme. Could you start interviewing potential counselors? Talking it out really can help relieve some of the pain, even if talking doesn’t change the reality. Thing is, it takes usually takes time to find one you are comfortable with and can trust. Never know til you try. I lucked out once and got some big help from a chance, one time meetup.

Welcome back @17761776 Gayle in Minn Mn! Like Ginny said, you can bookmark this thread to find it again under “My Bookmarks” : Machka’s directions are more thorough, but hope this little snippet helps:
    yw28x586oatd.jpg

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I found a really good neuropsychologist a few months after my husband's accident. She was wonderful! Expensive, but wonderful. But 2 or 3 years ago, she moved into a different line of work (still neuropsychology, but not with clients). I haven't seen anyone since.

And thanks Barbara. :)

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    Machka - My heart goes out to you. You have lost your best friend. We all need a person in our lives with whom we can share our intimate thoughts. Our forbidden thoughts. Our angry, grief-filled thoughts. Our hopes. Our nightmares.
    A fortunate few have someone in our life who can do this for us. Many do not.
    In the late 90s I went to a grief counsellor. She was wonderful. Your grief and all the feelings you are dealing with and heroically keeping under are requiring enormous amounts of energy from you. Someone who can listen and hold that grief with you would be of enormous value.
    As Barbara said, you might not find the right person straight away.
    I send you all good wishes.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    r0rlr86ohlno.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Kay - Your scale sounds nice! What I need is a scale that will get up off the floor and slap the fork out of my hand.
    Heather- I hope your visit with your brother and his wife goes well. They seem to be understanding people (from what you have told us about them), so, remember to listen to your body and if you need more recovery time, to let them know. Your words to Machka were right on target and very well said. Hugs for you both. The Hollyhocks are lovely!
    Lisa- Oh, how my mother LOVED Yul Brynner! We used to tease her and call him Yul Gibbons (the Grape Nuts spokesperson). lol

Well, it is a lovely Sunday morning and the triathalon is going on. The turnaround point for the "sprint" distance for the bike portion is about two houses north of mine. There is a man with a megaphone. Need I say more? lol I really don't mind, but I am sure it is no fun for those who live right at the turnaround point. It is fun to see the cyclists who are doing the "olympic" distance go whizzing by. They ride south for another 10k, then turn around to complete their 40k ride; dismount and begin their run segment. The temps this morning are actually quite perfect for this event. A lovely, cool, 65*F. The lake temp is in the 60s (actually pretty normal for July), and it is flat as glass, so it was probably a nice swim portion.
    Oh well, I better get moving. I have some things that I need to get done today to get ready for our second field trip, this week. It is going to be a bit more intense, as I will have 11 kids with me and we are going to be visiting the farmer's market and buying some produce. We also need to fit in the splash pad, trolley ride, ice cream, and lunch before we head back home for naps.
    Hugs to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Well, I went downstairs to exercise and evidently Jess and Colby slept down there. Not sure if they were watching a movie and fell asleep or if they slept down there because it was cooler. So since I just exercise in a sports bra and underwear (no one sees me but maybe Vince), I didn’t think it good if they got up and saw me so I just walked around the block twice. Even tho it was misting out, I was not about to miss out on an opportunity to exercise. No plans for tomorrow, just work

Vince came home early with Lexi, I guess he was just waiting about 4 hours, they said it would be a 10 hour wait. I didn’t think she was THAT bad. But whatever…..

M – you say you don’t have anyone to talk to. “Talk to us”. We exercise so we have big shoulders...lol

katie – you don’t have to worry about me looking up information about you. To be honest, I don’t have the time (or the inclination)

Well, Jess and Colby just left to go to NC State. There is some sort of welcome picnic. I’ll make the taco spaghetti casserole. Depending on when they get home, they can have it for dinner or leftovers. I’m going to try this recipe I have for a hot dog casserole tomorrow.

I will probably go to Aldi in a few. This is the time to go shopping.

Katla – your husband is where he needs to be right now. I’m sure they’re taking excellent care of him. Any idea how much longer he’ll be there?

Leslie – Pumpkin is so adorable. Actually, all your pets are.

Bonnie – welcome

Well, off to Aldi.

Michele NC
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hey Gayle and Bonnie!!! I'm Carla and I live in Lakeville, when I'm not in Ohio at a Women's Pro football game with our daughter!!! GO VIXEN!!! 2pm today on ESPN2!!! (EDT)

Went to the D2-3 game last night. Found out where to park, where to sit, in the shaded area, gonna be glorious. SO EXCITED!!! Coach Ryan got his award last night for being Coach of the Year!!! We made a "little noise". I think they knew we were there.

Carla, temp in OH
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, I went downstairs to exercise and evidently Jess and Colby slept down there. Not sure if they were watching a movie and fell asleep or if they slept down there because it was cooler. So since I just exercise in a sports bra and underwear (no one sees me but maybe Vince), I didn’t think it good if they got up and saw me so I just walked around the block twice. Even tho it was misting out, I was not about to miss out on an opportunity to exercise. No plans for tomorrow, just work

Vince came home early with Lexi, I guess he was just waiting about 4 hours, they said it would be a 10 hour wait. I didn’t think she was THAT bad. But whatever…..

M – you say you don’t have anyone to talk to. “Talk to us”. We exercise so we have big shoulders...lol

katie – you don’t have to worry about me looking up information about you. To be honest, I don’t have the time (or the inclination)

Well, Jess and Colby just left to go to NC State. There is some sort of welcome picnic. I’ll make the taco spaghetti casserole. Depending on when they get home, they can have it for dinner or leftovers. I’m going to try this recipe I have for a hot dog casserole tomorrow.

I will probably go to Aldi in a few. This is the time to go shopping.

Katla – your husband is where he needs to be right now. I’m sure they’re taking excellent care of him. Any idea how much longer he’ll be there?

Leslie – Pumpkin is so adorable. Actually, all your pets are.

Bonnie – welcome

Well, off to Aldi.

Michele NC

It is tempting sometimes ... but it is much too public here for me to go into any level of detail. However the article I posted (a few posts up) generally describes one element of my life.

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Leslie and Heather ~ Love the photos of the pets and of the children at the fiesta. :)

Heather ~ Glad the two grandpas got along! :) Every time I see your photos of the beach, I wonder about all the pebbles. Can't imagine that when all I've ever seen was white sand.

Michele ~ I know you must be happy to have Jess close by again. Sorry about Lexie!

Kelly ~ I hope your DH will be able to go with you to manage 11 children. That sounds like a big job for the day.

Carol in GA

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Kirby ~ Happy Birthday to You!