WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Flea)))— Thinking of your mother. She was lucky to have you caring for her. You are a wonderful daughter. I am sorry for your loss. ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    OregonMother my thoughts are with you
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Ooh! Sorry about your finger Carol!

Still thinking about Debbie and Machka! Swift healing to you and all who are sick or injured!

So far, it's a good day. I wrapped presents. I'm waiting for the washing machine.

Annie in Delaware
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    Flea ...continuing prayers ...

Carol ... ouch! Hope that heals quickly!

Woke up to about 6 new inches of heavy wet snow. It is beautiful but we have a wedding at 3:00 with a reception that is about 45 minutes from the church and more snow is expected.

I make Hershey's old-fashioned cooked fudge for Christmas. First batch last night, while very smooth and very tasty, is too soft for gift giving. Aww, we'll have to eat that one. >:) The new recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Sticks was so-so in my opinion. Not enough raspberry taste and the gelatin was pretty stiff ... like "Knox Blocks." Lisa's Cowboy Cookies went with my husband and his friend fishing yesterday and were deemed a resounding success!

Beth near Buffalo
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    December 17 Smell ——Baking break
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    December 17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you!

RVRita in windy and sunny NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,803 Member
    Flea hugs for both you and your mother. She knows you are there and will pass knowing your love.

RVRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Think I just scared the bejesus out of my poor friend Trudy who is OCD i let her see my place.. I know she will have nightmares for weeks lol..
    Im going to put on 70s Christmas music and wrap some presents
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Carla my mom used to make Divinity. Brings back good memories of my mom.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Ok as our dear Heather would say im knackered
    I did some picking up ,i ran the dishwasher earlier this morning and have a load of laundry going..
    And I wrapped all the Christmas presents, my friend Carin just sent me a picture of the wreath at the cemetery she participates every year with the wreaths across america and always makes sure she does my parents.. so my parents were doublely loved today!!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Allie, love love, love your recent photos. So nice to see Carmine smile so wide. Tobias has kind of been a god send in Carmines adjustment. Have you've told Tobias just how important they've been? 🤗💖👍🏻
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Carla, this last time we moved, I got so sore! Then I was vacuuming the old house, down the carpeted stairs and tripped, my knees over extending and I laid there, bawling like a crazy woman.😭. Poor Lee came in to see me just sitting there crumbled. I hadn't broken or pulled a tendon, it was 80% emotional. We had only moved in to the first house a year ago, and the owners decided they wanted to move back in. If we would've known that, we wouldn't have chosen that house! Frustration of the rental world!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,297 Member
    Carla and Margaret ~ My next baking project may be Mrs. Warlick's pound cake and I hope to use Trisha Yearwood's divinity frosting recipe to ice it. Mama use to make those and they were delicious.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    Happy Saturday Ladies!

Carla - My grandmother made divinity and I haven't had it since I was a kid. Love seeing yours and hearing about others!

Carol - ouch! Do you need stitches or is it mending OK? Nice the assistant baker was there to help, lol. Pound cake sounds delicious.

Margaret - good job getting your Vitamin D tested! My dental hygienist has some kind of autoimmune disease or something chronic - told me last week she keeps her levels at 80. Mine was 62 when I had it tested the week after I had Covid. Apparently it helps boost our immune system - sure can't hurt. Lots of cooties going around these days.

Lisa - did the travelers arrive OK ?

Debbie - how are you faring today?

Heather - count me among those who thought you were learning a new language. You kind of did! Great photos :)

Annie - glad the dude who wanted to talk about S E X showed his true colors right off the bat. :# Good gravy. :p

Machka - hope your pain is easing and you are able to rest.

Allie - love the Miles photos and heartwarming to see Carmine at the cemetery. What a neat way to remember veterans. Your housecleaning makes me tired, lol. Big job!

Rebecca - sounds like Lee is on a great program to get his sugar down. Good thing is that he's starting while it's still at the "borderline" stage. <3

Rosemarie - wrapping presents for dogs, lol. Why not? A friend once told me don't go overboard housecleaning because it will make others feel bad about their houses, lol. I had to ponder that for a while but I like it! I think Erma Bombeck had similar advice. Anyhow, hope your husband enjoys the new in-law's visit.

Rita - did you feel the earth move? So glad to hear the rangers set up a laundry facility for you. We haven't had an shakers in my area but I think we're overdue.

Not sure what kind of weather we'll see this next week. The forecast changes hourly. I was thinking of heading to town tomorrow to grab a few things but if it's dicey at all I'm staying home until next Saturday/Sunday. The freezer and fridge are well stocked, the only thing I might run short on is salad greens and yogurt, but can ferment some kefir if I run out. It seems to set up like yogurt - good to spoon over fruit.

Anyhow, have a lot of firewood drying and ready. And the snow shovels too.

OK ladies, keep warm, drive safely, don't overdo it!

Lanette B)
    Love from the SW WA State