• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😊
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    I buy the Equate version of the Voltarin from Walmart much cheaper
    Tom and Elena had Alfie while I was at the party .. they always enjoy having him down there..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Terri and Heather - your workout routines are impressive. I need to get strict with myself again. I’m so exhausted after work I struggle.

Heather - Your family’s new view is breathtaking.

Kylia - you and your daughter look alike. Beautiful smiles.

Debbie - I hope that you and your husband are able to work things out if that’s what you want and he’s willing to make some changes in how he treats you.

Beth - “I want yo grow up to be like Heather”. I know exactly what you mean. There are quite a few ladies on here that I want to grow up to be.

Rita and - when it comes to FB drama, I think of it like a soap opera, something I can see and watch but not really have a say in how it turns out.
    I have hidden a few from my feed for a time, but I have never blocked anyone.

Carol - I truly believe if more people were open with their struggles in anything, marriages, parenting, financially whatever it is. It helps both the person hearing it and the person telling it.

Rebecca -your sister’s class did a great job, they must have had a great teacher.

Carla - I’ve used it as a table more often than not since we’ve been married. Dad fixed the lid for me and reinforced it once because I had put too much in it, just enough it hadn’t closed tightly and one of my girls climbed on it. I have a coffee and end table set that Dad built for me. Unfortunately it’s too big for our living room. We have decided that we are going to cut them down so that we have the trim work and make shelves out of them.
    I get joy out of having treasured items out to be used.

You have to tell me your trick to not spend money you don’t have. I need to make that a goal.

Lisa - great letter! I think more people need to do things like that with these big businesses.

Michele - I don’t know if you can do that technique with glazes or not. I really don’t like working with glazes so have only completed two projects.

Terri - one of the saddest days of the year for me is the day Christmas comes down.

Well I made it through the week! It was busy after being off and needing to get a lot completed for the new payroll year.

I recorded an ABC Special called Our Barbara. It was obviously made in preparation for her death, what a remarkable woman she was.
    I don’t watch The View but I have it set up to record on Tuesday as it is going to be dedicated to her.

It’s amazing to me every single time that one of these women icons (I think that’s a good word) pass is that the trailblazing and fighting they did for women and how they were treated happened in my lifetime.

Tracey in Edmonton

Yep my sister taught it, she is awesome!💖🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    💕
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Lisa - we have been having issues with Lowes over the veteran’s discount. For years, they ask for dh’s phone number and it would come up on the register that he was a veteran. Then they made some changes so he had to go into their website to register. He did but unfortunately they couldn’t find him. He did it several times before he called the corporate office. They say they have fixed the problem, we will see.
    SueBDew in TX

Hope that fixed it, SueBDew... When Corey and I were buying appliances for this house, we spent a couple thousand dollars all told, so I really used that veteran's discount a lot. Until we bought the last appliances, a washer and dryer that were on sale. When they rang it up, the price didn't go down with the discount, and come to find out, veteran's discount no longer applied for anything on sale.

I was PO'd, but it still comes in handy for a lot of things. And, they finally got it together just last year to get the veteran's discount tied to my online Lowe's account. You should be able to find out if you order something off the web whether or not his discount is working, it will show you the discounted bit, even if it's zero.

Lisa in AR
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Machka That is beautiful! I know you said it was a dry bed, but will it fill with water when it rains? That way you would have an actual "river".
    Heather UK I love that you are available for alternate plans! The downside to having my kids young and them having kids young is that I am still working, so not as available. Maybe I will get to do that with great grands in another 10 yrs or so. No hurry though! I reckon this means I really need to get my health in order. Love your creativity too!

Off to clean!
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept 4 hours when I got home yesterday ,then I woke up and was awake until after 2 am.woopsie...
    I am going to try and move my queen bed to the storage area that has been in my living room since I got my adjustable bed.
    Im going to take a little at a time..
    It will help alot in getting my place back in shape.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Oouuff! DDIL was quite late getting back to us. The football game didn't get started until 11.15. Good job I had given her some food for Edie!

My son gets back tomorrow evening at 10, having left at 5 this morning. DDIL says that he was so wired last night with exhaustion that he was a bit manic and not himself. :o His friend, who owns the company, is the one with heart problems from Long Covid, so my son has had to step in to set up new branches in Amsterdam. They wanted to meet him in person. Unfortunately, it is an alcoholic branch, and my son concentrates on AF. :#

Then DDIL said, over coffee, that they can't get the Internet installed until the end of next week, despite them being promised it last week. :#:#:# y son has tried his best, speaking to lots of people, because it is their business and they work a lot from home. My DDIL does nearly all her clients on Zoom. She is a clinical psychologist.
    Unfortunately, the data signal at their new place is very weak, almost non existent, because the building has thick concrete walls, so she can't use that! . She is trying to rig up an Internet booster system from her friend's flat, running off the friend's Internet, because she can see her window from her room. They have bought two booster sets and will see if it works tonight!
    I said, if it doesn't, then she can come here and use our Internet. She has a lot of clients, but we can find her a quiet room. The front bedroom is probably the best and I can tell the cleaner not to go in there tomorrow. We have a small folding table in the garage we can drag up there. Of course, it will be better if they can get the boosters to work, but what an absolute pain.! We had to wait a few days for our connection when we moved, but at least I had my phone. Without even data you are really cut off!
    It's good to be able to help.

I've just prepped the Tandoori chicken and will do a bit of rowing before a nap. DH is out walking, but the weather is not looking at all good. He should be back soon. I slept badly last night, so I'm dropping. Someone has to be awake for an Amazon delivery.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    No way, Heather! You can keep black pudding, thank you very much!

Awe Allies... sleepy babies are the bestest! (aside from smiley babies) Sorry you couldn't be with him, but you got pictures.

Bitta, welcome! We're almost neighbors! Margaret and I are in MN! (Rita too, part time)

Sorry Michele, you may have read that wrong, "To each his own, Heather. You go for it. Can't stand haggis and I have tried it. Don't know what black pudding is, but ewe??? Just the name?" As far as being banned in the US, you're taking quite a leap assuming that I've never been out of the US!

I LOVE that your favorite teacher was your father Machka! Was he actually a teacher? One of my best friends, in middle school, had a father who taught there. THAT was interesting.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today... had the best spaghetti and meatballs, made by our dear friends, who regularly just send food home with Freddy sometimes. SUCH a blessing!
    8 Who was your favorite teacher... toss up, in elementary school it was my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Frizzly. We just hit it off from the start and her family ran this supper club up by our cabin, so once in awhile we got all dressed up and got to go see them during the summer! BIG treat. In HS, it was Ms. Kelly, my French teacher. She was amazing and somehow totally got me. Even to the point of not excusing me, but believing in me enough to rat me out to my parents when I skipped too many of her classes to pass, but allowing me to make them up in order to actually pass. Then she sponsored me to go to France after graduation. LOVED that woman!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    9 Create something today...
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song...
    11 Send a card/note to someone today...
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?...
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today...
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)...
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week...
    16 What made you smile today...
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for...
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently...
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself...
    21 Pay it forward in some way...
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    KJ - Loved your long post. Thank you 😊 💓 So glad you didn't get worn-out this time. B)

Sue - Worth its weight in gold, having a cleaner. DH is wonderful at sharing household tasks, we are about equal in jobs, but he is reluctant at basic house cleaning and I get antsy about it. This way it saves me lots of frustration, and annoyance. She comes every two weeks for two hours, so it's a bargain for marital harmony! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx