Kylia in Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Yes it has been quick! But I was mainly just copying out the poems of a lifetime and adding some context. I did write one brand new poem the other day, which just made it in before I pushed the button! :p

I've got a bit of that flat feeling you get when you've achieved a long ambition. But I've still got some work to do, letting people know about the book, promoting it etc. I find all that a chore, but it's part of the process.

Lisa - The Paperwhite looks fine. So it's just the phone version. I'm happy with that. I know what I should have done, but I can live with it.

Painting day today! Then the meeting in town. Brrrrrr! It's well below freezing at night.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today. Do emails count?

12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Can't tell you that! It's a secret ... same secret as my favourite Christmas gift. :)

13 Tell a random person they look "good" today. It's a bit late in the day to read this and didn't meet too many random people today ... or people in general. But I smiled at some horses and told Rhody he's gorgeous.

14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    One is a secret ... I should be able to tell you by the end of the month.
    My skin cancer surgery went better than expected and all my margins are clear.
    I've been able to hold my granddaughter.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week. Well, I did email a couple people yesterday. :)

16 What made you smile today. Do you mean like evil laughter?? :naughty: Or a happy smile? :smiley:
    Happy would be big fresh strawberries from our plants and my colouring book. I'm colouring little rainbows right now.

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    Our garden

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...

House
    Bed
    Comfy PJs
    My Chair
    Food

19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - The fact that you're good at something doesn't mean you want to do it for the rest of your life. When I was in my late 30s, I co-founded a company for a while where our biggest jobs were software manuals. I hated it. Have avoided it since.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I actually enjoy writing manuals, project plans, etc. ... I don't have to deal with adjectives and emotion. :)

I sent out the project plan today, at the end of the day.
    Expecting flak tomorrow.

ginnytez wrote: »
    Got three ct scans today (neck, chest, abdomen)-seeing if they can see what is making cancer marker go up. Get two sets of bone density tests Friday. See eye doctor tomorrow. Pretty much part time at work this week!
    Ginny in Ohio

I hope you're OK.

Today was my day for bloodwork and mammogram.

Eye doctor tomorrow.

Thank you all for the well wishes for the trip. My FIL is still with us, he’s not well though. DH is quite upset. Friday can’t come soon enough.
    Tracey in Edmonton

{{Hugs}}

Congrats Heather!

Gardening: I like digging, hauling bags of soil and rocks, creating a dry stream, replanting plants, etc. Never thought I would, but it has been a method of stress relief and a decent amount of exercise on the weekends. It gives me some upper body work.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    These particular threads always have a lot of posts on a variety of subjects, so feel free to jump in where you like.
    Please don't feel like you have to read and reply to everything.
    You can simply tell us about you and your day and your health journey.
    Or you can reply to a subject or person.
    Up to you! :)

I'm 'Machka in Oz' ...
    Machka has been my nickname for about 20 years now. It's actually the Serbo-Croatian word for female cat.
    Oz is where I live ... Australia. I was born in Canada and lived there for just over 40 years, then moved to Australia to live with my Australian-born husband.

Machka in Oz

My fitness story ...

I was fit and active from soon after I was born until my husband had a workplace accident which resulted in a severe brain injury just after my 51st birthday in March 2018.

Well, not entirely. But I have spent the vast majority of my life in the normal weight range or underweight.

I just stepped over the line into overweight soon after I got to Australia in 2009. I had developed DVT which limited the amount of exercise I could do. Fortunately, when I could exercise again, I dropped some weight.

I got back up there again in 2012 when my husband and I were on a Round the World trip. We were cycling a lot, but all the ice cream sundaes in Germany and France were a bit too much. If you've never been, the ice cream sundaes served all over the place there in the summers are something else!! Big, with several scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, and often a cookie of some sort all topped with lots of chocolate and alcohol. It was so hot in Germany when we were there, we were eating one or two a day!
    ukn8b75pbe6f.png

But when we got to Canada, we stayed with my parents for a month, got a gym membership and we lost some weight ... back into the normal range.

It happened again when we moved to Tasmania. Moving house isn't good for my weight situation! I suspect it's because my exercise time is spent packing.

In February 2015, I joined MFP and went on a mission to lose weight ... and I did! Right down to the lower end of my normal range.

From this in January 2015 ...
    fnllp1k9iwhx.png

To this by December 2015 ...
    3jrwoq0kuir8.png

My cycling increased, I started running, I walked a lot and did some hiking. I maintained my weight through to March 2018.

And then my fitness level went into the toilet and my weight went up. In January 2022, I started a job where I was glued to my desk and snacks were readily available. It was also a high stress job which exhausted me and I had no energy to exercise. I hit my highest weight ever in August 2022.

Fortunately, my weight has dropped a little since then ... but I do have more to drop.

For me, weight loss is a combination of diet and exercise. I need to eat a comfortable amount, but not too much ... and I need to exercise a lot.

So far this year, I have exercised every day. :)

Exercise challenges I am a part of on Strava this month:

Walking Distance
    cfoysk45gcbp.png
    Exercise Time
    2g8fmea2nhv4.png
    Cycling Distance
    ugbvn1phgkgu.png
    Cycling Climbing
    99pnrc5kngtz.png

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday!
    Rebecca and Vicki Thank you!

Lisa Your comments about the zero turn ring so true! I have several customers whose wives now won't let them cut the grass because they love the zero turn! My SIL uses mowing as a stress reliever. I really enjoy it, but my DH insists on paying someone to do it because of our crazy schedules.

Vicki Wow! What awful things to say to your child! Such a tender time. Words really do hurt. I am glad you are here with all of us!

Debbie The water pictures are beautiful but that is a lot of water in a short time.

Ginny- Miami Valley and Kettering Health Network. I will take KHN all day long. My GP is with a small group- Providence.

Rosemarie My husband and his sister own the lawnmower shop. I manage most of it. I really do enjoy it MOST of the time. The occasional grump *kitten* customer and lack of respect from DH and SIL make other days difficult. When I get behind on my work, I get frustrated. Would love to have someone to help with some of the paperwork, but no one else can seem to do it correctly. Would also love to have someone to help keep the front and shop area clean, but apparently no one sees the mess but me. So weird. I can still do everything I have always done but it seems to take me longer ;)

Michele You are correct! Jerry is not your problem! Nice job standing up for yourself!

Allie, Tracey, Sue and Ginny Prayers, comfort, and ((HUGS))

Mammy Welcome! Join in conversations as desired. Lots going on, but so much support!

I was super productive again yesterday! Got parts orders in, emails taken care of, inventory in computer, DH to doctor appointment, a bunch of invoicing done, massage, and desk cleared off at home. Shredded, filed, put away, and bills ready to pay. Also read over half of Heather's book-"Me I am"

I heard two songs yesterday that just "spoke" to me. One made me laugh-"Beer or Gasoline" by Chris Young. Basically he says since a 6 pack or a gallon are the same price, he reckons he will be walking more! The other follows today's list question. Kelsea Ballerini "What I have". It is simple, pleasing, and touches home.

Machka and Pip You both definitely inspire us all to move more!

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for-Clean surfaces! 80skltg8co3t.jpg

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    Heat
    Warm bed
    Sturdy house
    Favorite cars for all moods
    Hot water
    Electronics- cell phone and lap top (grateful and hateful relationship 😉
    Warm clothes
    Money to get what I need or want

Need to get off here, pay bills, and get ready for work.
    Hugs!
    Encouragement!
    Love!

Kylia in Ohio feeling Thankful for all of you!

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Has anyone managed to keep poinsettias from one Christmas to the next?Tips? I have 4 that are still going well and would like to keep. Mine usually die by Christmas.

TTFN
    Kylia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I see the dentist today. Yesterday's appointment was uncomfortable but it's over. It's one or two weeks for results.

So much going on that I'm getting the details confused. Hugs to all!

So glad Jake is doing well.

The furnace person (who is actually a lady) is due anytime now. Teddy the dog will bark. Otherwise I would take my morning nap.

Annie in Delaware

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    MammySher wrote: »
    Hello Ladies. I am new to MFP and was wondering if you all wouldn't mind if I joined you all. I am 63 and am looking for a group of women like this. I looked back at a lot of your posts, and you all seem so kind and encouraging to one another.
    Mammy from MA, (Mammy is what my grandsons have called me since they were babies, more than a grandma but not their mom)

:) Welcome. This is a very supportive community of women. It helps me to read this thread every morning while I eat breakfast. It puts my thinking on the right plane to start my day. There is research that shows that it's easier to maintain your habits in the company of others who share your ideas. It's hard to see yourself as a healthy eater and active person without the support of others who share your focus.

<3 Barbie in NW WA